BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

I want to throw something on there right now!!!
That does not get any better I cook stuff ever when I don’t need too. Get some grill grates for when you do steaks

Dinner is in smoker and smooth sailing for the next 8 hours!

First time smoking and needing all the luck to make sure it's good!

Dinner is in smoker and smooth sailing for the next 8 hours!

First time smoking and needing all the luck to make sure it's good!
Good luck bud! I’m sure it will taste awesome!

The starter for my new grill next year... 😆

C6D7D21D-7F0F-448E-A41B-CF9944AC721B.jpeg

About to season the Traeger!!! Thank goodness for Ace Hardware being open on Christmas!

What flavor pellet should I go with? What is your favorite?

What flavor pellet should I go with? What is your favorite?

I am not a fan of mesquite, I prefer the fruit woods, and sometimes will mix them with hickory for a little extra Smokey flavor without being overly Smokey. And I have no idea why autocorrect is capitalizing Smokey.

I am not a fan of mesquite, I prefer the fruit woods, and sometimes will mix them with hickory for a little extra Smokey flavor without being overly Smokey. And I have no idea why autocorrect is capitalizing Smokey.
This is good to know...I’m not a fan of overly Smokey. It’s doing the same for me as well!

Depends what we are cooking, but recently use Traeger Blend
Just found that one. I’m going to grab a few bags & experiment.

Pork butt is at 135... Smells delicious!

Cherry chips are fantastic!

Sounds awesome!!! Never had duck but willing to give it a go!!!

We've used several different kinds and haven't noticed much difference in any of them: we've tried Cookin Pellets perfect mix, apple mash, black cherry / Lumberjack Pecan and fruitwood

We have never used straight hickory or mesquite tho, so those may be different

How did it come out? What degree did you pull it off and did you wrap it? Smart choice on pork butt for your first smoke.

Pulled at 169 as it hit a stall and then oven baked at 295 for the remainder... Had guests and had to make due and wrap the remaining until 205.

So did my best on easy gameday ChickenIMG_20201227_102243.jpg
IMG_20201227_142142.jpg

Delicious fall off the bone.

Have used the RecTec bullseye twice and it is a fun pellet grill. Last night did a tomahawk in a cast iron skillet at 740 degrees and tonight did bone in pork chops at 500. Going to smoke something Wednesday to test out smoking on it. I got it mainly for high heat items and so far it is amazing. mans yes I might have a grill fetish haha
A8B3E1F1-F596-4CBE-82CC-FDDF13B8468F.jpegCC1BF7EC-2DD3-44CE-8BA5-334FD467073C.jpeg0D1292E9-050E-4DE5-8276-05990FE511C1.jpeg

so far my grilla chimp has been a disaster. at first the pellets fed in, a TON of white smoke was billowing out everywhere, but then the temp started spiking. the breaker tripped, and black smoke and soot started billowing out. i opened it, and black soot was everywhere. the coating on one of the internal welded components was flaking, and the burn pot had a fire raging but no wood in it.

it’s been 20 questions from customer service. they’re telling me traeger pellets are a problem. and to try it again. i’m not interested in cleaning the soot myself (it looks baked in), and i’ve lost confidence in the product.

i think i just have a faulty unit, but so far there has been no attempt to make it right. pretty disappointing experience so far.

so far my grilla chimp has been a disaster. at first the pellets fed in, a TON of white smoke was billowing out everywhere, but then the temp started spiking. the breaker tripped, and black smoke and soot started billowing out. i opened it, and black soot was everywhere. the coating on one of the internal welded components was flaking, and the burn pot had a fire raging but no wood in it.

it’s been 20 questions from customer service. they’re telling me traeger pellets are a problem. and to try it again. i’m not interested in cleaning the soot myself (it looks baked in), and i’ve lost confidence in the product.

i think i just have a faulty unit, but so far there has been no attempt to make it right. pretty disappointing experience so far.
Man that stinks. Have they offered replacing the unit?

I threw almost 50 pounds of meat on this past weekend and everything was incredible. A well smoked brisket is up there with some of the best foods ever IMO.
B4F53C02-CD7A-4D86-80C4-A73A93111906.jpeg3E71FB8A-A3AC-49E4-9D47-E765F509CF5A.jpegAB9566A7-FD8A-40ED-94B1-341ADE629FAA.jpeg79B13A48-9B27-4867-B211-596448C64395.jpeg

That is really disappointing to hear. When we had an issue after we first got our Grilla, they were so helpful in talking us through how to get it fixed. For us, it was a minor thing so maybe that's why, but still they were so responsive and willing to help. I hate to hear that their customer service is no longer what it used to be. I hope they make it right for you.

can you return it and get a refund?

Back