Sugar Golf – Golf Ball Review

Molten

Man Down
Reaction score
Handicap
Sugar Golf is one of the newest entrants into the direct to consumer (DTC) market for golf balls that wants to deliver a simple ball with a simple message – eliminate all of the fluff, frills, and unneeded costs for a lower consumer cost. In fact, they are singularly minded on the low-cost, quality golf ball and offer a single product on their website currently – the Sugar Cube. The Sugar Cube is a no-frills, bulk package box of 27 urethane golf balls that are true to the company mission. Priced even lower than some other DTC balls, Sugar Golf hopes that you will give them the chance to pour some sugar on your game and let you hit some sweet shots. Ok, enough sugar puns – let’s dig in.

Continue reading...

This baby better not get buried today!

Great write up Molten! Very intriguing data for the different areas of shot making. I suspected that the spin rates might be higher with a driver, which isn’t something that excites me. I will still probably give them a go.

What is with the number 27?

Nice write up @molten. You had me up until you indicated it added more spin to the drive. I’m looking to decrease spin not add to it. I have spin to spare.

Nice write up @molten. You had me up until you indicated it added more spin to the drive. I’m looking to decrease spin not add to it. I have spin to spare.
As golf balls get firmer, there will in most cases for normal swing speeds have an increase in spin.

Thanks for the great review Molten. I have been very curious about these since I started seeing them on socail media a couple of months ago. A tend to fare better with the lower spinning balls (RX, AVX, MTB Black) so it sounds like I should probably stay away from these.

Probably so you will still have two dozen after you buy the cube and send my 3 balls to try. :ROFLMAO:
Ingenious idea if that was the thought process behind it. Man marketing seems to be your thing.

Thanks for the great review Molten. I have been very curious about these since I started seeing them on socail media a couple of months ago. A tend to fare better with the lower spinning balls (RX, AVX, MTB Black) so it sounds like I should probably stay away from these.
Yeah, thats probably true unfortunately. I liked what I saw when I went to a really low spinning driver but I found it backward to fit my driver to my ball.

Wonder where my Social feeds are coming in, i have not seen tis name until now......

Enjoyed reading this review. I tested the ball in the THP Tech Studio and found nearly identical thoughts as @Molten did.

Enjoyed reading this review. I tested the ball in the THP Tech Studio and found nearly identical thoughts as @Molten did.
One thing I couldn’t test as in depth as I wanted was the durability over time but I would bet a large amount that it’s about the same as every other DTC urethane ball.

Interesting where they put the # on the ball at. On first glance I didn't even think they had #'s on there.

Great review @Molten !! I have seen these promoted and wondered about them. More spin off the driver would be a set back for me, but I would still like to try them.

Interesting where they put the # on the ball at. On first glance I didn't even think they had #'s on there.
Oh they have them and they are low numbers only. I think it would be cool to number all 27 with a 1-27 but I know that wouldn’t work.

One thing I couldn’t test as in depth as I wanted was the durability over time but I would bet a large amount that it’s about the same as every other DTC urethane ball.

About 200 strikes on the 3 I have and that seems like a fair assessment.

Nice review Gary.

Maybe better for a different thread, but are these types of companies really making money?? I'm sure the absolute top of them like Snell and Vice are, but man it seems like there are just so many now. And yet I don't know that I have ever seen one on a golf course. (honestly really any of them).

Oh they have them and they are low numbers only. I think it would be cool to number all 27 with a 1-27 but I know that wouldn’t work.
That would be interesting for sure...I like the idea.

Nice review Gary.

Maybe better for a different thread, but are these types of companies really making money?? I'm sure the absolute top of them like Snell and Vice are, but man it seems like there are just so many now. And yet I don't know that I have ever seen one on a golf course. (honestly really any of them).
I wonder this same thing all the time. My guess is yes, they probably make money as currently priced assuming they sell what they bought in bulk. I’m just not sure how many will buy this ball over a Bridgestone or Srixon ball at the same price (on sale).

Having to buy 27 of anything upfront seems crazy to me. Want to try my new ball?, that will be $70 please

I wonder this same thing all the time. My guess is yes, they probably make money as currently priced assuming they sell what they bought in bulk. I’m just not sure how many will buy this ball over a Bridgestone or Srixon ball at the same price (on sale).

That's kind of where I'm at. I would think 95% of people still buy their golf balls from the main companies, leaving very little for the rest, but maybe I'm completely wrong on that.

Started a new thread rather than clog this one up on the overall idea.

I really don't care how they number them, just so there are no 4's

Having to buy 27 of anything upfront seems crazy to me. Want to try my new ball?, that will be $70 please
That’s actually a great point. The upfront investment is way more than I’d want going in blind.

Back