Got loose finally yesterday and hit a few with the 7i as I ponder my 2021 setup. This time, NOT going hard after everything, and putting Tour B XS in as the ball. Ten shots....

184 Carry average, 35 yard peak average, 5100 RPM average.

Then I took one more and “stepped on it”, 195 carry again with 133 ball speed. :ROFLMAO:
Did you end of reshafting? If so, what did you go with?

I am just wondering how a PW would feel at 7 or 6 iron length. If it is normally a 120 yard club, it would seem it would be pumping 135-140 and would totally mess up my 120 in game LOL

Why do you think it would go much further than your current one?
I have posted a ton of data in the OL thread and haven't seen that at all.

Did you end of reshafting? If so, what did you go with?
I didn’t. I’ve been lazy. You’ve shamed me. I do have an Elevate Tour sitting out for it

Why do you think it would go much further than your current one?
I have posted a ton of data in the OL thread and haven't seen that at all.
I know it shouldn't and the data seems to indicate it shouldn't, but the extra length has to be more club speed at impact which would equal yardage on a well struck ball.

I know it shouldn't and the data seems to indicate it shouldn't, but the extra length has to be more club speed at impact which would equal yardage on a well struck ball.

So by that same thought, the shorter length clubs couldn't go as far, leaving no gapping between any of them, right?
I would tell you that length is just one aspect of the distance part and while I do agree speed plays a role, we have not seen the gapping issues at all over repeated trial with multiple golfers.

I didn’t. I’ve been lazy. You’ve shamed me. I do have an Elevate Tour sitting out for it
Haha. No shame meant, was just curious what the new shaft was/is going to be. Judging solely on name, do you expect more peak height out of the elevate? Is that the reason for the switch? Or is it something else?

When you mean thick, does it make you think more like a driving iron when looking down on it?

The top line looked fine. The sole looked thick.

Haha. No shame meant, was just curious what the new shaft was/is going to be. Judging solely on name, do you expect more peak height out of the elevate? Is that the reason for the switch? Or is it something else?
Really. The Tour90 creates some issues for me in my swing and delivery, I know that I’m trying to save it or manipulate it the whole swing and it’s costing me face and dynamic loft issues at impact. The Elevate Tour I like because they’re literally made for lower spinning heads like this, plus, it’s a weight in X100 and profile my body knows well.

But, if I play them this year in OL, I’m going graphite. No doubt.

Really. The Tour90 creates some issues for me in my swing and delivery, I know that I’m trying to save it or manipulate it the whole swing and it’s costing me face and dynamic loft issues at impact. The Elevate Tour I like because they’re literally made for lower spinning heads like this, plus, it’s a weight in X100 and profile my body knows well.

Great information. Shaft/head pairings and the why behind them is an area I lack knowledge, so getting nuggets like this always helps!

Great information. Shaft/head pairings and the why behind them is an area I lack knowledge, so getting nuggets like this always helps!
It’s fun.

I know I’ll likely lose some top end speed when I remove the Tour90, but I suspect my efficiency will go up to counter it

Why the push for OL ?
You seem to have a solid game already.

Why the push for OL ?
You seem to have a solid game already.
Perhaps for the same reason I'm considering a new putter, despite the fact I seem to be doing well, at least in practice, with my current putter: For the fun/experimentation of it?

I do.

Why not though?

I was just curious your motivation for it. Is a a ball striking issue with traditional length clubs, current gapping issues or sheer curiosity, etc.

Guess if my scratch golfer buddy all of a sudden told me he was trying OL I’d slap him upside the head as his issue is short game (pitching and chipping).

Perhaps for the same reason I'm considering a new putter, despite the fact I seem to be doing well, at least in practice, with my current putter: For the fun/experimentation of it?

And that’s fine. I was just curious. Heck I just bought a Mav to try and unseat my best gamer driver of all time (Flash). Have no need to switch. But always fun to test

I was just curious your motivation for it. Is a a ball striking issue with traditional length clubs, current gapping issues or sheer curiosity, etc.

Guess if my scratch golfer buddy all of a sudden told me he was trying OL I’d slap him upside the head as his issue is short game (pitching and chipping).
It’s a story to tell and I’m passionate about telling stories. I also believe I can strike the ball well with whatever I use, that sounds a little cocky, but it’s really not.

I can answer this from someone already doing it.
Golf is about an elimination of variables. If I can do that and make the game easier and I am not stuck in my ways, I see no reason not to try. I don't have a hang up on iron style, sole widths or top lines, play to a single digit handicap with irons always being my strongest part of the game.

Yet this switch has brought on even more consistency.

Golf is about an elimination of variables.
This is why I'm interested in OL.

In fact: I'd say this is my main interest in these irons. TBH: I'm hitting well enough, at my stage of development, with my Lord-knows-how-old TaylorMade CB knock-offs that there'd have to be an awfully persuasive argument to get me to consider going out and spending $800-$1600 on a new set of irons. I find the concept of OL to be quite persuasive.

I can't wait to hit these and see if they could be for me

Unless these are just an absolute mess of a fit for me, they will be mine.

I don't know whether these are similar at all to the TM M6 (other than SGIs with strong lofts) but I liked the M6 for what it was. The only ting I disliked about them was a lack of feedback on impact compared to say the G410.

One aspect of OL that is very under discussed is how it can benefit really good players (since they're not usually the target audience). If your buddy could cut down his practice time with irons and allot the extra time to his short game, his overall game could improve.

I’m torn on these. I really like the black PVD but know how they typically wear. The chrome sole should help a bit but the face wear will not be the size of a dime haha

I’m torn on these. I really like the black PVD but know how they typically wear. The chrome sole should help a bit but the face wear will not be the size of a dime haha
Something to aspire for? ;)

Back