The Side Hustle Thread

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone here on THP run a side hustle? Outside of golf, working on side businesses or hustles is one of my favorite things. There's something about having 10 bucks and turning it into 20 because of a a good idea that really gets me excited. Some things I've been really into have been flipping things on Craigslist/FB/eBay, selling on Etsy, and flipping sneakers/streetwear.

My most recent hustle has been creating a paid email newsletter about how to flip sneakers/streetwear, and it notifies people of what items are coming out, where to buy them, how much you can make, etc. Not gonna link here, as I'm not trying to self-promote, just to learn what other side hustles people might be into.

Anyone else enjoy or run a side hustle?

Always enjoy a little entrepreneurial spirit! I’ve made commission leatherwork in the past: holsters, knife sheaths, axe masks, pouches, belts, guitar straps etc...

I used to do photography on the side but it became too much of a hassle... And I wasn't enjoying shooting anymore... Just like when I became a dive instructor... I don't care what that adage says..."do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life"... I'm happy to shoot my own stuff and dive without worrying about students and certifications, etc.

I like collecting and selling antique Gillette razors. Not really a side hustle, just something I enjoy. And same thing with coaching diving. I’m not currently coaching, but I’d love to get back into it even if it’s just in a volunteer role. Beyond that, my wife and I are fortunate to be in a good place where our time is more valuable than any earnings from a side hustle.

My side hustle is golf. I own a small sports camp business. I run a wrestling camp (only one week a year), and several golf camps/clinics and recruiting services (included with the camps) for Junior/HS Golfers.

I recruit on the side, but it can be both hard and heartbreaking.

I'm currently recruiting for 3rd Party Logistics sales types with non-asset, FTL experience - remote opportunities as well as in-house in cities across the U.S.. Just throwing that out there in case a THPer is interested or can refer someone. I do pay $500 and up for any referrals we hire.

I started a golf custom build business just over a year ago, work with Robin at Xcaliber and love it for the access to amazing gear and trying to get it into the hands of others to help them out.

I repair and clean fishing reels, make custom fishing rods, carpentry, make and repair fiberglass panels for race cars and boats, and cater bbq. Did a lot less side work in 2020 due to covid and a baby though.

Got a little side business starting up in the new year. By end of the year hoping to double the stock. And in 5 years open up a corner store selling products from the land and daily needs. Have a game plan all drawn up think it will go according to plan

Got a little side business starting up in the new year. By end of the year hoping to double the stock. And in 5 years open up a corner store selling products from the land and daily needs. Have a game plan all drawn up think it will go according to plan

Good luck!!

God-willing, we'll be growing and selling some blueberries this spring.

My wife and I rep for raw dog food. It is all we feed are dogs so we started selling it to offset the cost for all of our dogs. We make about enough to pay for feeding our crew.

My wife and I rep for raw dog food. It is all we feed are dogs so we started selling it to offset the cost for all of our dogs. We make about enough to pay for feeding our crew.
That's a good gig. I wish we could do something like that up here. Feeding raw is EXPENSIVE!

Where do you live? You may be able to rep

no way. i don’t have enough time to do half the stuff i’d like to. side hustle is pretty far down that list.

Yup that won’t work
Yeah, a little tricky getting raw meat across international borders... Unfortunately. We feed raw for all 3 of our dogs so it adds up quick.

Not really a hustle but I do some work with my tractor and do welding/fabrication on my days off and after work if I'm feeling like it. After expenses last year I cleared about $11,000.00 that went right into our retirement fund.

My wife & I have talked about a side business, so necessarily wouldn’t call it a hustle.

My wife & I have talked about a side business, so necessarily wouldn’t call it a hustle.
Yeah, I wouldn't really call any of these a hustle... more like side businesses like you've mentioned.

Yeah, I wouldn't really call any of these a hustle... more like side businesses like you've mentioned.
Hahaha however if We did that it would turn into more of a side business.

I keep an eye out on a local BST for deals that I might flip.

Do basic clubwork on the sidereshafting or gripping for friends, but not enough to really make any money.

Hoping to do a bit of woodworking this year once it gets warmer.

What I need is more time in the day, so i can have time for a side hustle as well as being a parent.

I keep an eye out on a local BST for deals that I might flip.

Do basic clubwork on the sidereshafting or gripping for friends, but not enough to really make any money.

Hoping to do a bit of woodworking this year once it gets warmer.

What I need is more time in the day, so i can have time for a side hustle as well as being a parent.
If my buddies provide the materials, I just ask for a brew next time we're playing. I enjoy doing the club work, so it's a win-win.

Back