Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

I’m downright floored by the lack of buzz on these woods and I’m guessing it’s the fact that Srixon isn’t historically a huge driver name.

question for folks - what could Srixon do different to grab attention? I’m really curious because the ZX5 has flat out outperformed the 2020 drivers I have on hand.

Srixon has no presence at all where i live. A few years back they had a set of z745’s on the rack and I was surprised.When talking to them it was a custom order that came wrong so the guy who ordered them just got his money back. They said at that time they had no plans on carrying Srixon clubs which is too bad. I love love to try them out

Srixon has no presence at all where i live. A few years back they had a set of z745’s on the rack and I was surprised.When talking to them it was a custom order that came wrong so the guy who ordered them just got his money back. They said at that time they had no plans on carrying Srixon clubs which is too bad. I love love to try them out
I had no idea that it was that tough to get your hands on the stuff. I keep hearing the same story.

Anything more than finding Srixon golf balls in my region is the same as finding world peace and Big Foot.

Anything more than finding Srixon golf balls in my region is the same as finding world peace and Big Foot.
This makes me sad. Very, very sad. No fitting days anywhere?!

This makes me sad. Very, very sad. No fitting days anywhere?!

over 2 hours away at best. I am just under 3 hours out of Columbus and McGolf is just about 45 minutes short of there. I can get my hands on Mizuno now (very recent development) Callaway, Ping, Taylormade, and Titleist... I have to search hard for Cobra. Some say Wilson Staff exist.... .... .....

over 2 hours away at best. I am just under 3 hours out of Columbus and McGolf is just about 45 minutes short of there. I can get my hands on Mizuno now (very recent development) Callaway, Ping, Taylormade, and Titleist... I have to search hard for Cobra. Some say Wilson Staff exist.... .... .....

#goldenticket :unsure:

#goldenticket :unsure:

oh the wheels are spinning so hard I’m almost confused. The Morgan Cup sounds to good to pass up though. When the details come out I’ll make a decision. I won, just didn’t win any extra info :):)

I’m not sure Wilson still exists. I’ve heard rumors but I haven’t seen evidence of life. Now Srixon - I’ve seen some things.

The ZX 5 if it gets tested, will end up being in a lot of bags. That is a big if, but the driver is fantastic.
This is one I truly want some time on. So much of a different take on things by Srixon, and
I fear they just won’t get the attention for innovation they deserve.

This is one I truly want some time on. So much of a different take on things by Srixon, and
I fear they just won’t get the attention for innovation they deserve.
I bet it makes your bag with the right shaft. God knows you have a lot of perfect ones of those. Srixon has got something pretty good here.

I bet it makes your bag with the right shaft. God knows you have a lot of perfect ones of those. Srixon has got something pretty good here.
I mean....I have a shaft literally designed for my swing? :ROFLMAO:;)

The new alignment mark and pin stripe on the back look really good to my eye.

Some images from our Instagram and showing off the weights.

i was actually on there
I’m downright floored by the lack of buzz on these woods and I’m guessing it’s the fact that Srixon isn’t historically a huge driver name.

question for folks - what could Srixon do different to grab attention? I’m really curious because the ZX5 has flat out outperformed the 2020 drivers I have on hand.

I think it comes down to tour marketing. I was on their site the other day. Seems like they don’t have a whole lot folks playing them.

Always a big Srixon fan, and the ZX5 Driver sounds like a real winner! The Rebound Frame sounds like something that really should work for getting that little bit more ball speed, and a great looking driver that is straight and long, this might just be a must try for 2021.

I feel like Srixon drivers have been slept on the past couple of releases. For whatever reason it’s not one of the top drivers to think to try but that seems to be changing with this one. It feels like a lot more buzz is going on

Looks like I need to take some time with a Srixon demo. The ZX products they are bringing to the market are way too intriguing to not take a look,

That is the million dollar question.
People said tour play and now they have that. Premium shafts which they started last time around.
Good looking head, which they have.
Low spin which they have.
Forgiveness which they have.

Maybe part of it is early launch and not hitting for another month?
That is the million dollar question.
People said tour play and now they have that. Premium shafts which they started last time around.
Good looking head, which they have.
Low spin which they have.
Forgiveness which they have.

Maybe part of it is early launch and not hitting for another month?

I would think that the late in the season release cycle every two years has something to do with it because at that time at least where I live golf clubs have been put away and stores have no new stock and typically they are in no rush to bring in much over the winter.

Golf club sales in my area over the winter is dismal/minimal. It would be a great time to go in and test the different OEM’s back to back but what I find in my area at least is that the fitting carts are incomplete so it’s a real disappointment in terms of trying different shafts. I remember when I bought the Z785 driver. I purchased it in November on eBay and they didn’t even have it in closest Golftown where I live lived until the following May, over six months since it was launched. Plus is was located in a second tier location in the store (marketing budget prevails

Heck, it usually is May before the new releases even have their non-charge shaft options stocked in the fitting carts.

Secondly, once spring arrives, 6 months have passed since the initial launch/hype and the bigger names/marketing budgets i.e. Callaway, Taylormade have hit and the stores are pushing them hard.

I think as well Srixon really need more mass Nort American exposure i.e. great performances on the PGA tour. I can only comment about the area where I live and play but Srixon does have a very small following in irons but from a woods perspective it has been non-existent.

I would think that the late in the season release cycle every two years has something to do with it because at that time at least where I live golf clubs have been put away and stores have no new stock and typically they are in no rush to bring in much over the winter.

Golf club sales in my area over the winter is dismal/minimal. It would be a great time to go in and test the different OEM’s back to back but what I find in my area at least is that the fitting carts are incomplete so it’s a real disappointment in terms of trying different shafts. I remember when I bought the Z785 driver. I purchased it in November on eBay and they didn’t even have it in closest Golftown where I live lived until the following May, over six months since it was launched. Plus is was located in a second tier location in the store (marketing budget prevails

Heck, it usually is May before the new releases even have their non-charge shaft options stocked in the fitting carts.

Secondly, once spring arrives, 6 months have passed since the initial launch/hype and the bigger names/marketing budgets i.e. Callaway, Taylormade have hit and the stores are pushing them hard.

I think as well Srixon really need more mass Nort American exposure i.e. great performances on the PGA tour. I can only comment about the area where I live and play but Srixon does have a very small following in irons but from a woods perspective it has been non-existent.
Doesn’t every company release in the winter?

Srixon drivers go for sale each release in January the same as Callaway, Taylormade, Cobra and Ping generally speaking.

I may be mistaken but I thought Srixon is usually late fall and Callaway/Taylormade at the PGA show at the beginning of the new year.

It is just in my part of the country the golf club market just opens up in April/May timeframe and any buzz created by the original Srixon launch has been overtaken by the bigger OEM marketing budgets. You walk into a Golftown in Canada (#1Golf retailer by far) and you are bombarded by the big 4 (Callaway, Taylormade, Titleist & Ping). Cobra follows next then if your lucky maybe some Srixon, Wilson & Tour Edge.

I understand my local area is not even close to being a barometer on the retail sales market but locally there is so little, if any Srixon product. The irons and the Cleveland wedges are available but the woods are just very rare.

For the past 2 years, my local Golftown didn’t even carry Srixon drivers or fairways! I had to drive almost 2 hours to see the last release and it wasn’t even in the store until I recall mid to late March of the following year. I bought the Z785 driver on EBay without even hitting or seeing in person in late fall and didn’t see my next one for 4-5 months. I have owned multiple sets of Srixon irons which is why I purchased last time unseen both the 785 driver and the 3 wood. In both case they performed great, I just had the wrong shaft combo.

I may be mistaken but I thought Srixon is usually late fall and Callaway/Taylormade at the PGA show at the beginning of the new year.

I believe each of the last few Srixon releases including this one they hit stores in January. TaylorMade and Callaway, Ping and Cobra did as well. Titleist always goes a bit earlier, by a month or so.

I totally understand the geography aspect. If we use PGA Show as a barometer of product at retail, it is middle of January each year.

This specific line got some early buzz because it hit the USGA and Japan earlier than normal, since it was in some tour players bags, but similar retail date in the midst of winter.

I have to wonder if they are still considered a ball and iron company to general public and how to overcome that.

I believe each of the last few Srixon releases including this one they hit stores in January. TaylorMade and Callaway, Ping and Cobra did as well. Titleist always goes a bit earlier, by a month or so.

I totally understand the geography aspect. If we use PGA Show as a barometer of product at retail, it is middle of January each year.

This specific line got some early buzz because it hit the USGA and Japan earlier than normal, since it was in some tour players bags, but similar retail date in the midst of winter.

I have to wonder if they are still considered a ball and iron company to general public and how to overcome that.

Have them hire whoever does Taylormade advertising and marketing.

Back