Callaway Releases B21 Irons, Hybrid and Fairway Woods

Just watched another review on the irons-
The guy hit them great, said they ticked all the boxes, said they were the best GI irons he’d ever tried, said the sound and feel was a little different and they were chunky looking.
He then proceeded to say they wouldn’t make his bag. I thought to myself what the f are you talking about your a 15 handicap and these aren’t making your bag their not what your looking for? I’m below an 8 and I’m strongly considering these. During the video I watched the guy say how “easy” these clubs were to hit probably 25 times he went on and on blah blah blah yet they won’t make his bag.

This goes back to the once a month threads that are created about can you play a club that might not check your boxes for style or whatever but you’ll play better club. I gotta admit I think most people are BSing when they say yes I can, I don’t buy it..
I think it’s all in peoples head that playing GIs will somehow make them worse or lower their golfing stature. When I first looked down at my hybrid I was a bit thrown off by the offset and closed face and thought I would end up being “too good “ for this club even as an 18 handicap. After a short adjustment period it’s now the best club in the bag for me. Unless you are really working the ball I can’t see any downside to playing these. So much distance and forgiveness.

Just finished watching this episode again, it’s a good listen and gives a little information throughout the b21 lineup.

Just finished up a 2 hr session at the simulator/ putting green. Wanted to get some numbers on the B-21 to show you all.

8F700D49-50E9-4A49-A792-C01D8E786A74.jpeg

Had 2 pretty bad shanks, but other than those these are numbers I’m super happy with. This was with 0 wind and all off the mat.

Average total distance w/o shanks: 215
Average Apex w/o shanks : 23.3 yards
Average Ball Speed w/o shanks: 130 mph

Average total distance I’m very pleased with. I’m a hard swinger, but my best shots in this set were smooth swings. If you can get the club square at impact with this club it will travel!

The apex is obviously pretty high. I have a very steep swing which is part of it, but this club is so easy to launch it’s ridiculous. If you look at my launch angle it’s all over the place (yuck). But you don’t have to have the face wide open to hit this club high. If you hit it square on the face, no matter if it starts low or high, it will get up in the air for you which is exactly what Callaway was trying to do with this club. My launch angle needs to be even higher with this club, and on normal grass it probably would be a tad higher with even more distance.

My ball speed is about 15 mph off your average. My ball speed is something that is something I’m looking to improve on all the time. It would be much more consistent if I could hit the center of the club face. However I don’t, but I think that still is a testament to how forgiving the club is. Shot 1 and Shot 8 are what I like to see on the course, but even if I’m not hitting the club on center the ball still travels.

I think if anyone compared this hybrid to their current gamer, the numbers that matter would probably be better with the B-21. The offset is something is a bit niche but if you can get over that then this club will most definitely will work wonders for you .

Just finished up a 2 hr session at the simulator/ putting green. Wanted to get some numbers on the B-21 to show you all.

View attachment 8986066

Had 2 pretty bad shanks, but other than those these are numbers I’m super happy with. This was with 0 wind and all off the mat.

Average total distance I’m very pleased with. I’m a hard swinger, but my best shots in this set were smooth swings. If you can get the club square at impact with this club it will travel!

The apex is obviously pretty high. I have a very steep swing which is part of it, but this club is so easy to launch it’s ridiculous. If you look at my launch angle it’s all over the place (yuck). But you don’t have to have the face wide open to hit this club high. If you hit it square on the face, no matter if it starts low or high, it will get up in the air for you which is exactly what Callaway was trying to do with this club. My launch angle needs to be even higher with this club, and on normal grass it probably would be a tad higher with even more distance.

My ball speed is about 15 mph off your average. My ball speed is something that is something I’m looking to improve on all the time. It would be much more consistent if I could hit the center of the club face. However I don’t, but I think that still is a testament to how forgiving the club is. Shot 1 and Shot 8 are what I like to see on the course, but even if I’m not hitting the club on center the ball still travels.

I think if anyone compared this hybrid to their current gamer, the numbers that matter would probably be better with the B-21. The offset is something is a bit niche but if you can get over that then this club will most definitely will work wonders for you .
Thanks for sharing, very cool to see the data! Seems like you’re hitting bombs on the sweet spot and maintaining good distance off of it. That’s been my experience with the hybrid too.

View attachment 8986066

You had stated you are a hard swinger, I’d be curious what the numbers would look like and the offline distance/classification if you were to take a little off and free swing/easy swing. I know it’s easier said than done but I guess I’m just curious what kind of results you’d get. Distance wise you said you were happy with that, overall with the club and everything else how do you feel? Do you feel like you hit this club well and would keep it in the bag?

Just watched another review on the irons-
The guy hit them great, said they ticked all the boxes, said they were the best GI irons he’d ever tried, said the sound and feel was a little different and they were chunky looking.
He then proceeded to say they wouldn’t make his bag. I thought to myself what the f are you talking about your a 15 handicap and these aren’t making your bag their not what your looking for? I’m below an 8 and I’m strongly considering these. During the video I watched the guy say how “easy” these clubs were to hit probably 25 times he went on and on blah blah blah yet they won’t make his bag.

This goes back to the once a month threads that are created about can you play a club that might not check your boxes for style or whatever but you’ll play better club. I gotta admit I think most people are BSing when they say yes I can, I don’t buy it..

saw the same video. He’s not a 15 cap. Far from it. He came from PXG 0211 irons which are a much smaller iron profile and one that fits his eye more than an SGI does.

saw the same video. He’s not a 15 cap. Far from it. He came from PXG 0211 irons which are a much smaller iron profile and one that fits his eye more than an SGI does.
If it’s the same video he don’t look like no “far from it” and to say he came from such and such irons, I came from irons the size of a dime who gives a rip..
I gotta admit the videos on YouTube may be decent at best for some reviews or instructional stuff I guess but they’ve got some of the UGLIEST swings I’ve ever seen.
And they outta put those Callaway GI shovels in their hand and play them! And like it!
Anymore I believe the YouTube is all hype, a review guy is now a self proclaimed head pro at the local driving range, it becomes what looks best, not what the hell I can play..

You had stated you are a hard swinger, I’d be curious what the numbers would look like and the offline distance/classification if you were to take a little off and free swing/easy swing. I know it’s easier said than done but I guess I’m just curious what kind of results you’d get. Distance wise you said you were happy with that, overall with the club and everything else how do you feel? Do you feel like you hit this club well and would keep it in the bag?

Absolutely keeping this in the bag. It’s my best club. Id say shot 1 is my ideal stats for a stock swing that’s smooth. I tried to swing lighter at the beginning and then swing harder as I went along. The one I hit 250 though I really didn’t even swing that hard, it was just a pull draw, which unfortunately is a consequence if your swing gets off plane like mine. To be honest though I was generally aiming at the target but focusing less on hitting the target and more about trying to hit my ideal ball flight for the the data. So the target data might not be as useful because I was playing for a pretty large draw and the ones that were pushed right were a little more straight then what was recorded.

I played 9 holes on the sim after this session and my best two shots were with the hybrid. Hit the first to 28 feet from 244. Hit the second from 225 to 39 feet. So I would say it’s very precise up to about 90% of your max distance with the club. If I can hit it total distance off the tee 250 and total distance off the ground 215-225 then that’s all I ask of this club. Off the tee it’s easy to smooth swing one 250 with accuracy. Off the ground I’d say it’s much harder to stay accurate and go over 225. And for me a really good 4 iron can go 225 and so generally if I’m looking to put It close I’ll use that, but if I feel like i would have to swing to hard for a 4 iron, then I like to use the hybrid like a more controlled 3 wood that is more of just a green or near the green finder.

Thanks for sharing, very cool to see the data! Seems like you’re hitting bombs on the sweet spot and maintaining good distance off of it. That’s been my experience with the hybrid too.

definitely, and I would say I really didn’t swing it great at this session which speaks even more to how much is possible with this club, and how forgiving it still is.

If it’s the same video he don’t look like no “far from it” and to say he came from such and such irons, I came from irons the size of a dime who gives a rip..
I gotta admit the videos on YouTube may be decent at best for some reviews or instructional stuff I guess but they’ve got some of the UGLIEST swings I’ve ever seen.
And they outta put those Callaway GI shovels in their hand and play them! And like it!
Anymore I believe the YouTube is all hype, a review guy is now a self proclaimed head pro at the local driving range, it becomes what looks best, not what the hell I can play..

I’m just saying he came from 0211 irons cause that’s what he was fit into last year and he repeatedly mentions in he likes a slimmer profile.
I could care less what irons he really ‘should’ play.
but he plays what he likes. Same with me. I love Fat SGI shovels even though 25-30% of my rounds I shoot in the 70’s.

As for his ability. He claims “average” golf ability yet on his course videos he rarely shoots outside of par or a couple over. Drives the ball on avg 250-270, 7i 160-170 carry. Far from a 15 cap in my opinion. Sure crappy golfers can hit it far but this guy is not shanking the ball all over the course.

as for his swing... Jim Furyk doesn’t have a pretty swing either.

I’m just saying he came from 0211 irons cause that’s what he was fit into last year and he repeatedly mentions in he likes a slimmer profile.
I could care less what irons he really ‘should’ play.
but he plays what he likes. Same with me. I love Fat SGI shovels even though 25-30% of my rounds I shoot in the 70’s.

As for his ability. He claims “average” golf ability yet on his course videos he rarely shoots outside of par or a couple over. Drives the ball on avg 250-270, 7i 160-170 carry. Far from a 15 cap in my opinion. Sure crappy golfers can hit it far but this guy is not shanking the ball all over the course.
Idk if we’re talking about the same guy.

I haven't been posting much about this club in the last month or two. Main reason is I haven't been using it as often on the course and haven't been getting enough feedback to give. This club launches so awesome. But it just doesn't fit my eye or swing. I am giving it away in this thread. Please join if you want it. My only ask is that you continue to give feedback here. https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...away-b21-4h-stock-shaft-regular-flex.8926717/

Well today I received the last club to round out the top end of my bag, 4 hybrid. It’s funny how 1 club started this whole thing, thank you again THP & @JB .
Callaway B21 driver, 3 & 5 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid.

18B7A261-29D7-481A-BB6D-6BF17ED93217.jpegB7B7F7E6-0FB4-4374-B193-7BEE591BDD81.jpeg

I won a BB B21 19° 3-Hybrid from the NFL Pickem contest!
5E10EF35-FE67-43C5-9F3E-9947D39EE165.jpeg5E10EF35-FE67-43C5-9F3E-9947D39EE165.jpeg

I'm looking to upgrade my 5 year old Big Bertha OS irons, and I think these new B21's will be the way I go. Sticking with similar size and design, but with the newest technology can only be a good thing in my book.

I'm looking to upgrade my 5 year old Big Bertha OS irons, and I think these new B21's will be the way I go. Sticking with similar size and design, but with the newest technology can only be a good thing in my book.

Good luck with them. Let us know how they turn out.

If this is the direction your going, please give us a little review. I'm interested in hearing about them!

Was out at a PGASS and hit the B21 3 wood. This has got to be the EASIEST FW I have ever hit. It's almost a no brainer. It has a very low profile so it sits flat on the ground and all you do is just swing it. I've never hit anything this easy. Distance was almost secondary to me, I just want it straight and to hit it where I aim.
Currently have a Cobra King F7 with rails, but the way the B21 sets up, rails aren't necessary..it actually sits flatter(sole wise) than the Cobra. It will be in the bag!

The new B21 Irons will be here tomorrow, I'll get my grips on them and hopefully get into a simulator for a test run soon. Hoping the snow is gone on the courses so they can open up fast.

Have the driver already, but ordered the 3w and 5w to complete the set. Those are the clubs I probably struggle with the most, so why not get all the help I can. Just sucks it'll be a 3-5 week wait.

Doesn't seem to be much chatter about the B21 irons. Anyone playing them? Thoughts?
Whenever I pass by them in the shop, they seem to grab my attention as a really good looking SGI iron. Sure thick and chunky and loads of offset but look to a be a no brainer to hit.
Saw they are now on CPO and thought about trying them out

In limited play this season, (weather. work and shoulder bursitis/ tendonitis have been conspiring against me) I have really liked the B21 4H. I was not a big fan of hybrids before this season, but I have been very pleased with what I am seeing with the 4H. It's easy to launch and I am pleased with the distance and ball flight.

I have 4 rounds on the B21 irons and they are very good. Forgiving, easy to hit, and a high ball flight..........everything I look for in an iron, and they look great.

I just picked up a B21 driver last week and used it Friday. My swing was a bit off, and the wind was crazy......but when I did make good contact it was a high straight long ball flight. And it looks amazing too

Has anyone tried the B21 hybrid with something other than the stock RCH shaft? I'm playing the stiff 65 gram RCH shaft and want to try something heavier in X flex with the hybrid. I know the RCH shafts were designed to work specifically with this club so I'm hesitant to try anything else. Anyone playing the hybrid with a custom shaft and getting good results?

Back