First Look: Ben Hogan VKTR+ Hybrid

One thing I like about VKTR+ is that it performs like 3 iron or a utility iron than a regular hybrid. Proforce V2 shaft is a pretty damn low launch shaft compared to my G30 5 wood TFC stiff shaft launched much higher as my top 3 fav clubs in the bag. My 2020 season is still young and having fun so far!

This thing is a beast.
full control hybrid with decent distance, great forgiveness and you get some serious iron replacement here.

Spent time with the VKTR+ 3 Hybrid in the THP Tech Studio tonight and it is so good ...

Last edited:
Spent time with the VKTR+ 3 Hybrid in the THP Tech Studio tonight and it is so good ...
I have the 3 and the 5 here and both are just so good. Very small profile for a hybrid and as many companies have gone pure low spin distance this remains a great iron replacement.

I have the 3 and the 5 here and both are just so good. Very small profile for a hybrid and as many companies have gone pure low spin distance this remains a great iron replacement.

i think I need this in 3 and 4

I’m waiting on these to hit the demo program on Ben Hogan Golf! I want to compare them to my VKTR hybrids.

I am close to ordering one of these to bridge my 3w to Uihi 4

I am close to ordering one of these to bridge my 3w to Uihi 4
It’s darn solid and a good improvement over the original

One of these is for sure going in the bag. Initial thought is a 22* 4H.

Comment to come back. Looking at putting 2 of these hybrids in the bag instead of my normal 3 & 5 wood setup... 🤔

These any good for a high handicapper? Trying to figure out if I want to grab one of these in 22 degree vs the Big Bertha B21, Mavrik Max, or TEE C721.

These any good for a high handicapper? Trying to figure out if I want to grab one of these in 22 degree vs the Big Bertha B21, Mavrik Max, or TEE C721.
The others you mention are going to offer a bit lore forgiveness.

Checking in post event. I ended up with the 18* 3H and I think I kinda like it. I've hit some really good shots and some clunkers but that's on me.

First I love the way this sets up at address. A bit unique with the high square toe but it works. I'm also really liking the way it sounds.

So far I've had a few shots that stand out to me. Both holes 9 and 18 at my course are demanding tee shots. Something in the 200 to 220 range works best and there is a small window that leaves you a good angle for your approach. Oh yeah, water left on both holes.

This is all relevant because I depend on my hybrid for both of these tee shots. If it can't do the job here that's a big problem. Happy to report I'm 3/3 so far with this baby. It's just such a nice controllable flight with a smooth swing.

I can't seem to get the hang of these hybrids, yet. Took the 4 with me out on the range today. Hit a nice "flushed" shot that had this great towering flight but I'm struggling to get these up in the air overall. Trajectory is low and left, which is not my typical miss. Might need to play around with it a bit more to get the swing right.

The hybrids themselves look great. Kind of tall for a hybrid, but still on the smaller side overall. Clean, frames the ball nicely.

I can't seem to get the hang of these hybrids, yet. Took the 4 with me out on the range today. Hit a nice "flushed" shot that had this great towering flight but I'm struggling to get these up in the air overall. Trajectory is low and left, which is not my typical miss. Might need to play around with it a bit more to get the swing right.

The hybrids themselves look great. Kind of tall for a hybrid, but still on the smaller side overall. Clean, frames the ball nicely.

agree on the look, they look great. very iron replacement hybrids. Which is what they should be, IMO.

I think I've still only hit one shot with it so TBD. the lack of elevation is a bit of a worry, so will have to keep an eye on it.

Swing it like an iron!

Off the deck I do agree that they aren't the easiest to elevate. Not sure if that's the club or the fact that I'm only working with 18*. On really good swings I get a nice flight, but anything less and it's low and left.

Got out for 18 yesterday and only needed to pull this club twice, and that was the tee shot on 9 and 18 as I mentioned before. Hit both fairways again, PTx Pro's setup 2 really nice looks at birdie and I walked away with 2 pars :D

The tee shot I hit on 18 is worth mentioning though. It was a smoked baby draw which PERFECTLY fits the shape you need if you want a good look at your approach. I can honestly say I was in the best position I've ever been on this hole. Not many sane people would try to thread the ball into the location I ended up in. I'm starting to really gain confidence with this club off the tee.

I like the wider loft gaps for slower swing speed players.

I'd love to see a full-size fairway wood model with those same lofts and spacings.

This is just a straight 4i replacement. I'm pretty sure the edge 4i in the bag goes further.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Launch high and land soft at a little over 200yds is a pretty useful shot.

I loved the original VKTR hybrids. I want to try these out to see what is the difference.

outside of the GS53 max, this has been the best and most consistent club in my bag for awhile. I had to get over the fact it's not a distance monster like some of the hybrids I've been playing before, but it's just easy to launch high and straight.

Still can’t get these to launch. I was looking forward to replacing my 5w/4h combo with the hybrid duo, but getting these in the air is a non-starter at this point and I’m getting maybe 1 out of 5 to perform anywhere near my previous hybrid. I positioned the ball further back, swung down like an iron, opened up my stance a bit.. nothing helped. Really frustrating that I can’t seem to figure out how to hit these because they’re really not much different than the other hybrids out there.

Back