What’s New: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft Hits Retail

Today confirmed this ball performs not only in normal temperatures, but also in colder temps. Tee time temperature today was 48* and the first few holes I didn’t see any distance loss at all. It was not hard and never felt firm coming off any of the clubs, especially the putter.

also today I used a triple track ball and really liked it. I’ve been hit or miss with TT, but today for some reason I had a lot of putts with subtle breaks and the TT helped read the break really well. It was a big contributor for me only having 29 putts today.

Today confirmed this ball performs not only in normal temperatures, but also in colder temps. Tee time temperature today was 48* and the first few holes I didn’t see any distance loss at all. It was not hard and never felt firm coming off any of the clubs, especially the putter.

also today I used a triple track ball and really liked it. I’ve been hit or miss with TT, but today for some reason I had a lot of putts with subtle breaks and the TT helped read the break really well. It was a big contributor for me only having 29 putts today.

I saw the same results with the cold weather golf this year. I played in legit freezing weather(30* wind chill) and had the last drive of the day go 320.

The TT is great! So is 29 putts!

I played the Chrome Soft today in the 40* temps and the ball did just fine. Always have shorted distances in the cold but it handled the wind great and it’s one thing that continues to impress about the ball

A bit if an update on my experience with the 2020 CSX. There have been a lot of reviews, good and bad, on the performance of the ball, but my last 4-5 rounds I’ve been focusing on using the TT alignment while putting and making notes on how it helps.

- my initial reservation for not using TT was that it would take too long to line up and make me slow on the greens. What I found out was it didn’t take me any longer than a single alignment line from normal balls. A few times I’ve played with players who took longer than I did lining up putts and a couple didn’t have any alignment marks to help them. What I found was if I focus on lining up the center line on the line I read and I take a quick look at the outer lines for guidance. It doesn’t take much time at all.
- I find myself using it on longer putts (10’ and longer) more effectively than shorter putts. Unless the putt has a severe break I am trusting my line with shorter putts with good results.
- to the previous comment on longer putts I do not think I can putt without TT. It makes it so easy to line up and hit my lines. I’m finding that I am giving myself a better chance to make longer putts now that I’m using TT.

It was an alignment aide that I dismissed early on, but I’m a convert and a believer now. The alignment works and makes putting so much easier. My biggest hesitation was thinking it would add more time to my putting process and it hasn’t. Ok that the price is dropped and not knowing when production on this version will stop, I am stocking up on CSX TT.

A bit if an update on my experience with the 2020 CSX. There have been a lot of reviews, good and bad, on the performance of the ball, but my last 4-5 rounds I’ve been focusing on using the TT alignment while putting and making notes on how it helps.

- my initial reservation for not using TT was that it would take too long to line up and make me slow on the greens. What I found out was it didn’t take me any longer than a single alignment line from normal balls. A few times I’ve played with players who took longer than I did lining up putts and a couple didn’t have any alignment marks to help them. What I found was if I focus on lining up the center line on the line I read and I take a quick look at the outer lines for guidance. It doesn’t take much time at all.
- I find myself using it on longer putts (10’ and longer) more effectively than shorter putts. Unless the putt has a severe break I am trusting my line with shorter putts with good results.
- to the previous comment on longer putts I do not think I can putt without TT. It makes it so easy to line up and hit my lines. I’m finding that I am giving myself a better chance to make longer putts now that I’m using TT.

It was an alignment aide that I dismissed early on, but I’m a convert and a believer now. The alignment works and makes putting so much easier. My biggest hesitation was thinking it would add more time to my putting process and it hasn’t. Ok that the price is dropped and not knowing when production on this version will stop, I am stocking up on CSX TT.

I putted with a single line for years. Found it not only took a lot of time to properly line up, I didn’t always trust it, and I focused primarily on the line, leaving way too many putts short. I switched to the Truvis balls for a couple of years, relying more on my eyes and feel, which I found much better. For that reason, I was hesitant to try the TT, sticking with Truvis for awhile. But the three lines, spaces as they are, etc., make the lineup process so much quicker, AND when I stand over the ball, I actually trust it. My putting has improved with the TT ball for sure.

played the CSX today and keep getting reminded how surprisingly good that ball is for me. i need to do a ball fitting an compare the CS and CSX. would be fun to see the #s side by side.

I putted with a single line for years. Found it not only took a lot of time to properly line up, I didn’t always trust it, and I focused primarily on the line, leaving way too many putts short. I switched to the Truvis balls for a couple of years, relying more on my eyes and feel, which I found much better. For that reason, I was hesitant to try the TT, sticking with Truvis for awhile. But the three lines, spaces as they are, etc., make the lineup process so much quicker, AND when I stand over the ball, I actually trust it. My putting has improved with the TT ball for sure.

It took me a while to trust the lines. I kept feeling like I was off or not lined up properly using TT. That was the biggest hurdle, trusting what the ball was telling me. It goes to show how off I was aligning my ball without it.

It took me a while to trust the lines. I kept feeling like I was off or not lined up properly using TT. That was the biggest hurdle, trusting what the ball was telling me. It goes to show how off I was aligning my ball without it.
that is my struggle with using any line(s). i feel like it's good and then stand up and i doubt it. practice could eliminate that doubt i guess.

that is my struggle with using any line(s). i feel like it's good and then stand up and i doubt it. practice could eliminate that doubt i guess.

With a single line, I struggled a lot to feel like I had the “precise” line. I think the 3 together give me the illusion that it’s one big line which is less likely to be offline than that single skinny one.

It’s not easy. Going to the Odyssey Experience and the Grandaddy, each guy was asked to line up a putt or putter where you think it correct in relation to the hole. Then Sean or Luke placed a laser on the putter head and showed you how off you were in relation to center of the cup.

that test told me all I needed to know that I wasn’t lined up as well as I thought I was. Of course being an Internet golfer I had to learn the hard way.

With a single line, I struggled a lot to feel like I had the “precise” line. I think the 3 together give me the illusion that it’s one big line which is less likely to be offline than that single skinny one.
i like TT waaaay more than a single line so i'm there with you

It’s not easy. Going to the Odyssey Experience and the Grandaddy, each guy was asked to line up a putt or putter where you think it correct in relation to the hole. Then Sean or Luke placed a laser on the putter head and showed you how off you were in relation to center of the cup.

that test told me all I needed to know that I wasn’t lined up as well as I thought I was. Of course being an Internet golfer I had to learn the hard way.
i really want to try that too... just to have one more thing to be depressed about my golf game! 😂 no, seriously, though, I'd love to learn how off my aim is

The CSX spins so much around the green. Insanity how much bite this ball has.

My last round I played the CSX in cold temps (upper 30s) and was surprised at how well this ball performed. Good check on chips and felt soft enough off of my irons and wedges. I'm still testing it but so far I'm not seeing a downside

I'm a huge fan. I love the extra sauce I get from it.

Oddly enough when I first tried the CSX, I didn't see this extra sauce people were talking about but I have seen nice spin with the custom THP Championship Truvis CSX. I already liked the CSX off irons and driver, but now I know I could play it or the CS full time and be happy with either.

Oddly enough when I first tried the CSX, I didn't see this extra sauce people were talking about but I have seen nice spin with the custom THP Championship Truvis CSX. I already liked the CSX off irons and driver, but now I know I could play it or the CS full time and be happy with either.

That CSX has checked up so fast on me that I’ve left myself short more often than not if I’m not being aggressive. I can play it to stop or roll out depending on how I align the face and position the ball in setup. I love this ball!

I'm a huge fan. I love the extra sauce I get from it.
For a lower hitter like you, the spin and quick launch have to be nice. Well I mean that and you got to design your own, which is pretty cool.

I will be buying some of the regular Chrome Soft balls today to test against the CSX. I was wondering if a few extra hundred RPMs of spin would help out my dispersion on the driver and make it easier for drop and stop longer irons.

I will be buying some of the regular Chrome Soft balls today to test against the CSX. I was wondering if a few extra hundred RPMs of spin would help out my dispersion on the driver and make it easier for drop and stop longer irons.
This should be interesting.. I have played regular CS pretty much exclusively all of last year and just had great luck with it. Around the green it has more than enough spin to get hop and stop action. Durability is great on these balls.
Probably why I have 5 dozen sitting in the storage. Love the Truvis USA ball.

My last two rounds I've played the 2020 CSX and have been pleased. I've had good distances and great spin. I had 2 chips bite and stop much quicker than I anticipated. I adjusted and was able to be more aggressive and throw the ball further knowing it would grab. I also only lost one ball in 2 rounds on courses with a decent amount of water. The ball I lost plugged in the mud somewhere in a soft spot just right of the green.

Am I the only one that preferred the feel of the 2018 CS over the 2020 ball?

Am I the only one that preferred the feel of the 2018 CS over the 2020 ball?
The 2018 ball didn't win me over but the 2021 CSX has taken over in my bag

Curious why you choose CSX over CS?
I tried both at my last Club Champion fitting and the fitter recommended the CSX with the irons I had built (Orka RS10CB). In all honesty I think they were only a couple hundred RPMs different in spin for me. I like the softer feel of the CS in the short came and have several dozen of each that I put into play. I tend to get handsy with my irons and spin the ball too much which is why the fitter suggested the CSX.

Back