2021 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting date is tomorrow for me. I have been dealing with shoulder bursitis and tendonitis since November. So, I’m going to have to keep that in mind.

Have no incentive to run. Weather is helping me. 😆 Freezing rain, sleet and snow forecasted through Monday. Beautiful winter weather in NY.

Happy New Year!
Good workout today
Squats 260x5x3. Overhead Press 110x5x3, deadlift 365x5 all hook grip. Followed up with a Spicy Chicken Sandwich and waffle fries.

I need to walk more rounds than I did in 2020. Need that exercise.

I played platform tennis for the first time this morning. Counting it as a workout.

Started the year with a 30-minute peloton ride and some core. I've been doing 4-5 30-45 minute pelotons rides weekly for the last month or so, hopefully, that will continue through the year!

Started the year with a nice 3 mile walk

Was going to see how it went. Sounds good for the first day of 2021!!
I’m not going to lie...I struggled a bit. Kept a manageable pace between 9:10 & 9:30.

Day 2 & another run complete. Threw in some push-ups & sit-ups to finish it off.

-Eat better (@RealPretendPsychic said it best on his #4 goal)
-Complete a multi week workout schedule
-Start actually stretching on a daily basis.
-BIG GOLF FITNESS GOAL: Hit 115mph clubhead speed.

Day 1 of 2021 for me starts tonight. Plan on a power yoga session.

Did my usual 5k row at a moderate pace (22 min), full stretch, then walked 18.

Just completed a 30 minute ride on the peloton. Great tunes, great instructor, and a load of calories burnt (although I take that number with a bit of a pinch of salt). Managed to keep the heart rate up and sweating buckets, which is probably a better indicator of a good work out.

Just completed a 30 minute ride on the peloton. Great tunes, great instructor, and a load of calories burnt (although I take that number with a bit of a pinch of salt). Managed to keep the heart rate up and sweating buckets, which is probably a better indicator of a good work out.
Sounds like a great ride. We looked into a Peloton awhile back but never could pull the trigger.

30 minutes on the Echelon. Got my heart rate up and burned some calories. Got keep at it.

I wish the seat post had a little more to it. I can’t get my legs extended as far as I’d like.

Got my yoga and push ups in for yesterday. My 12 y.o. nephew jumped in with a push up challenge, so I have a little added motivation.

I wish the seat post had a little more to it. I can’t get my legs extended as far as I’d like.
Not being there, I cannot see what you're experiencing, but, generally speaking the ideal seat height is such that there's a slight bend in your knee when the pedal's bottomed-out. Don't know about your bike, but I've never had any problem getting that much height, with room to spare, on any exercise bike I've tried, and I'm tall.

Not being there, I cannot see what you're experiencing, but, generally speaking the ideal seat height is such that there's a slight bend in your knee when the pedal's bottomed-out. Don't know about your bike, but I've never had any problem getting that much height, with room to spare, on any exercise bike I've tried, and I'm tall.
I’m at max height. I feel like I’m about an inch or so from where I’d really prefer to be. That would get me in a position pretty much the same as I like on my regular bike, which is a slight bend.

Position as is isn’t bad, at all. I’d just like a tad bit more extension.

Started off the year right with finishing a 5k today. I’m happy with the fact I finished as the last time I’ve run was back on 11/21/2020. I’ll take sub 10 min miles with me getting faster on each mile! 💪🏻
That's awesome!! Great job!!

Day 3 and another run completed 4.6 miles today.

I'm being a bad, bad boy these last two days. Been a complete couch potato and ate whatever I wanted. But that ends with dinner this evening.

I'm being a bad, bad boy these last two days. Been a complete couch potato and ate whatever I wanted. But that ends with dinner this evening.
Yes get back at it!!! I almost skipped my run today but said get off your ass!!!

Hmmm, must have a couple competing threads as I swear I’ve posted this already...

I met my 2020 and 2021 weight loss goal (25# a year) in 2020 but I don’t look as good at this weight as I thought I would since I don’t carry it as well as I did 20 years, the last time I was at this weight.

I have no specifics but probably 20-25 pounds more. I may go all in to keep motivated and challenge my boss as it was neck and neck until they upped my chemo then I got so sick from it I lost like 30#’s in a month.

That’s finally almost over, 4 more days. It’s a lot easier on me now that I resorted to medical. Helps tremendously with nerve pain and if not stimulating my appetite at least keeping what I do eat down.

I’m hoping my golfing woes are about done too. I’ve played well my last 3-4 rounds, really well. I’ve lost a good amount of CHS post accident so I have to think a little more. So I’d like to get back to a consistent 5 or so. That’s about where I was pre illness. I’m actually trending under 5 right now, but.... my best round ever drops after my next posted round so I’m not really a 5, although I did end the season playing a little better than a 5. I just hope those embarrassing rounds where I top 2-3 tee shots and almost kill everyone on the course with errant shots stop. I can take a 90 on a bad day but there SHOULD never be a triple digit score posted on the courses I play regularly (read as short and easy).

Sounds like a great ride. We looked into a Peloton awhile back but never could pull the trigger.

At the minute I’m just using the app with a spin bike off Amazon. I enjoy the rides so much though, I plan on getting the bike later this year. It’s pricey, but the fact this has managed to hook me into keeping up with working out, when I normally give in after a few weeks, for me, it’ll be worth the cost.

At the minute I’m just using the app with a spin bike off Amazon. I enjoy the rides so much though, I plan on getting the bike later this year. It’s pricey, but the fact this has managed to hook me into keeping up with working out, when I normally give in after a few weeks, for me, it’ll be worth the cost.
That’s great...have you looked into the Echelon? About a 1/3 of the price & they have workouts as well.

That’s great...have you looked into the Echelon? About a 1/3 of the price & they have workouts as well.

I’m aware of the Echelon. I really like the whole Peloton ecosystem. I now have my favourite instructors and I like the cadence and resistance call outs. I do sometimes wonder whether it’s worth paying and extra $25 a month just for access to the leaderboard and a couple of extra metrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back