And you think Giannis was MVP, once... let alone B2B? Guy literally can't shoot beyond 17-18 feet, sure team success but you saw what Heat did to him and now every team is starting to do to slow him down.... build a wall and stop transition
That’s kind of my point. The MVP is usually given to the best player on the team with the best or second best record, which can be much different than the best player in the league. There are exceptions, but it is the best predictor. Seriously, it was my team, but was Karl Malone ever more valuable than Michael Jordan? Was Charles Barkley?

He does..... with the ball in his hands :p
We didn’t see that side of him too much the last couple years 😖 the team is built much better this year (I say optimistically one week into the season).

We didn’t see that side of him too much the last couple years 😖 the team is built much better this year (I say optimistically one week into the season).
Curry is making a huge difference For the Sixers. It’s amazing sometimes what a difference a role player or two can make.

Curry is making a huge difference For the Sixers. It’s amazing sometimes what a difference a role player or two can make.
I was not happy and didn’t understand when the Blazers let him walk last year. He has the ability to be a great complementing piece in the starting lineup or a spark off the bench.

That deal made me happy. Always rated him not just as a shooter. Green made me smile too. He's got his detractors but I rate him too.

That deal made me happy. Always rated him not just as a shooter. Green made me smile too. He's got his detractors but I rate him too.
He’s sooooo slooooowww! But he’s a good fit and he finally had a nice game against Charlotte.

Not sure they're a 5 or better, if healthy I think they're a 7 maybe 6 seed when all is said and done, but Booker will be a primary/big part of that reason, hence most valuable?
MVP consideration, then Suns must be a 5 seed or better. I never said they were a top 5 team.

As to position in western conference, they are a more complete team than Dallas. See where most rank that team. As crazy as this sounds coming from a Suns fan....I think a 7-10 seed play in level, is a disappointment on the season IMO. I’ll of course take it over the trash they have been. But they’re a much better team this year, so expectations have to raise.

Wife went upstairs to watch the SNF game so now I get to watch the Blazers! :)

What is your Blazer connection?
I was a student at Lehigh while CJ was there. Really wish he’d get traded to an east coast team so I don’t need to stay up so late :LOL:

I was a student at Lehigh while CJ was there. Really wish he’d get traded to an east coast team so I don’t need to stay up so late :LOL:
That makes sense. Damian went to school at my alma mater and is very popular here in Utah.

That makes sense. Damian went to school at my alma mater and is very popular here in Utah.
Glad to hear it! CJ is active with the alumni network at Lehigh and highly regarded.

Wiseman has a quick first step and good hands for a big.

Lilliard played at Weber St. a few years after you graduated. 😀

Oubre is 1/27 from three to start the year 😳

Lilliard played at Weber St. a few years after you graduated. 😀
Thanks so much for pointing that out. 😂. I met him a few times, because I am very involved with the school still.

Portland trying to shoot their way out of this three pointer funk.

Welp 6 games in and I’ve already “unsubscribed” from the Timberwolves.... think I’ll cheer for the Raptors or Bucks this year...

Yeah. I liked him with the Suns. But not enough to build a team around him.
The Warriors acted out of desperation. It is kind of funny, though. When Golden State was on top of the world, their management bragged that they were ahead of everybody else in team building. They were smarter. It is easy to be smart when you have the most talent. They had the best three point shooting back court of all time right when the three point shot took over the game. it also was catching lightening in a bottle when the cap rose precipitously right when Durrant wanted to divorce Westbrook. Now, they don’t look so smart, building a team with Wiggins and Oubre as the wings.

Welp 6 games in and I’ve already “unsubscribed” from the Timberwolves.... think I’ll cheer for the Raptors or Bucks this year...
May want to pass on the Raptors this year, it’s been an ugly start.

The right every other game Blazers showed up tonight. Strong performance by Lillard and McCollum. If they can mesh as a unit with Jones and Covington, they have the potential to be a better offensive team and significantly better team defensively.
Would like to revisit the every other game Blazers. The wrong one showed up tonight.

May want to pass on the Raptors this year, it’s been an ugly start.
I think the Raptors are done. They survived losing Kawhi last year, but the additional loss of two good post players this past offseason is the straw that broke the camel’s back.

I think the Raptors are done. They survived losing Kawhi last year, but the additional loss of two good post players this past offseason is the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Playing home games in Tampa also can’t be helping.

Back