UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
More than a handful of years ago, UST Mamiya came out with an iron shaft called Recoil and it took the golf industry by storm. A huge success, the Recoil lineup is now the #1 graphite iron shaft on the market with a myriad of options to choose from. This year, they are releasing a new lineup called Recoil DART.

To begin, DART stands for Dual Action Recoil Technology and it is coming after years of development and testing. Getting into the technical weeds for a bit, DART is designed to optimize hoop stiffness in the critical areas of the shaft. In the flex zone of the shaft, you will find an increase in hoop dynamics bringing maximum energy transfer and better feel. In the tip section, the hoop stiffness is increased to stabilize and offer more consistency.

Continue reading...

Very interesting shafts! Recoil feel with more stability is never a bad thing. It’s going to be cool to see this tech in action.

If it’s Recoil, it’s got to be good.

I love my Recoils and will definitely check out the new ones when a little heavier choice is released.

Good intro @JB, these sound interesting. I like the idea of max stiffness in a lighter weight package. It will be fun to see more testing on these.

Sounds like some nice technology. Great name. Those are some light shafts!

Interested to see the added stability of a lighter weight shaft. The Recoils I have tried in the past I really liked, may need to give these a run.

• Admin
Sounds like some nice technology. Great name. Those are some light shafts!
As mentioned, I expect to see more weights skewing heavier in the future. Recoil has a lot of users in the lighter weights, but the company definitely is not forgetting about those that use steel like weight.

I have certianly enjoyed my current F3 Recoils and the 75 DART F3 sounds really appealing to me.

Love the direction that UST Mamiya is taking this line. And the graphics are sharp as well.

This is interesting. Can’t wait to see your tests which will be great to see the details, seen a 2/1 release date on there site will love to try out and test.

Oh man, these sound fantastic. I love my Recoils, and anything improving on those is eye opening. Hopefully these do very well at the lighter weights to justify moving them into the heavier weights as well.

Recoil DART sounds like a great addition to their line up!

This is interesting. Can’t wait to see your tests which will be great to see the details, seen a 2/1 release date on there site will love to try out and test.

I have been testing them out quite a bit over the last few days and I like what I see. Interestingly enough, the DART 75 F4 gives me pretty similar performance to the Recoil 95. So if that holds up and can stay the test of time, going lighter could add some benefit to me personally.

I’d be inclined to try either one of the stiff shafts. I don’t know what I need as far as weight class but I have been looking at lighter shafts.
”Hoop” this is a term I’ve never heard of in regards to shafts, it’s something new to me but then again my shaft game is weak.
Always learning something here.

That's very interesting, I was hoping these would be a lighter weight shaft we could try. I prefer lighter weight shafts so these could certainly fit the bill!

looking forward to the heavier weight classes. also curious whether these will be offered in custom graphics.

Sold!!! Can't wait to see these in action and hear peoples thoughts.

I have been testing them out quite a bit over the last few days and I like what I see. Interestingly enough, the DART 75 F4 gives me pretty similar performance to the Recoil 95. So if that holds up and can stay the test of time, going lighter could add some benefit to me personally.
Is there any notable increase in SS from the drop in weight?

I’m excited to see the Recoil tech refined to the next level. I know some thought they originals played softer than they wanted and it sounds like the changes made will remedy that. I’m disappointed that heavier weights aren’t available which also probably means they won’t be stock offerings in any upcoming releases. Still I think these are going to impress many and be class leading iron shafts.

I’ve been playing Recoils for the past five years primarily in the 95 weight class. Going to be interesting to see the impact of a drop to 75 gram, that’s quite a drop. Although JB mentioned a higher weight is in future plans. I do like the commentary about stiffening the tip, it will certainly help with dispersion. Looking forward to detailed reviews.

Is there any notable increase in SS from the drop in weight?

It is hard for me to say since I am not using the same club head in both, but I would venture a guess that there is a small increase. FWIW, during the test I did get a bit more ball speed mph, but impossible for me so far to tell how much is lighter shaft vs new club head. Once everything is released and I have more of the shafts in hand, we can definitely do some more thorough testing and I would expect some content to come out shortly after the THP Showcase.

Lightweight, higher launch and lighter, I am probably not the person who would fit into this shaft, but if this is the replacement for the Recoli 760/780 line, they will be a hit.

Sounds like they are making a great shaft even better. Definitely not for me in that weight range now, but hopefully as you noted they will be bringing these out in the heavier weights like 95 and 110. Would definitely give them a strong look.

Cool read. Hoop stiffness is how well the shaft resists ovaling as you load it correct?

theoretically, the more is stays round the more consistent it will be.

Well hello there. I think this is going in the bag once the higher weights come up because that sounds perfect. Not sure about the graphics but I’m sure they aren’t noticeable at address.

Back