UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

Interesting that these are in the lighter weight class, are they aimed at getting slower swingers into the graphite line? Saying that the performance is similar to the 95 is very intriguing.

Immediately interested. Only concern would be swing weight, but I'm sure there's a way to offset that.

Very interesting... I believe Danny hinted at the UST Mamiya/ Ben Hogan Experience that they were working on something for a while now that was coming, this was probably it.

Question? Is the current Recoil that we know and love staying in line, or will eventually be replaced for this line?

Cool read. Hoop stiffness is how well the shaft resists ovaling as you load it correct?

theoretically, the more is stays round the more consistent it will be.

Yes. Hoop strength is about deformation during the swing.

Interesting that these are in the lighter weight class, are they aimed at getting slower swingers into the graphite line? Saying that the performance is similar to the 95 is very intriguing.

The DART line is not going to be aimed at slower swingers. It will feature heavier weights in time.

Question? Is the current Recoil that we know and love staying in line, or will eventually be replaced for this line?

I think time will tell there and it will be dependent on how golfers take to the new DART based on demand. If I was a betting man, I would say the future is bright and people are going to really like this one.

I’d be inclined to try either one of the stiff shafts. I don’t know what I need as far as weight class but I have been looking at lighter shafts.
”Hoop” this is a term I’ve never heard of in regards to shafts, it’s something new to me but then again my shaft game is weak.
Always learning something here.
Cool read. Hoop stiffness is how well the shaft resists ovaling as you load it correct?

theoretically, the more is stays round the more consistent it will be.
If it is the same terminology as used in pipe welding and construction, yes. Interested in learning how they manage that without stressing the outer radius of the bend?

Sounds like skme interesting techm I have yet to try recoils but something I should seek out this year i guess

With these in play, the GT could be in play too

Lightweight, higher launch and lighter, I am probably not the person who would fit into this shaft, but if this is the replacement for the Recoli 760/780 line, they will be a hit.

Me either! Ha! But will be fun to follow others to see their thoughts.

I love to see a new technology into the Recoils. I have the F4 110's but they never really felt right or worked out for my sorry ass swing. So they are just collecting dust. I'm hoping that this tech is something that will work. I'd like to see if Danny Le could find what works best ;) in Vegas.

First, thank you for the release write up. As far as I can tell, you are breaking this release story!

Love the name dart. Easy to remember and what golfer doesn’t want to hit darts.

As to the shafts, I like others ^^ look forward to this tech in heavier shafts with lower launch. In the meantime these will likely be popular. I heard a rumor this will be one of the shafts in the Apex 21’s. That would be a big deal!

I would definitely be in the market for this, I would think the 75 F4

Me either! Ha! But will be fun to follow others to see their thoughts.

make this one in a heavier weight and with a proto type of launch, now you have my attention.

Are these the next evolution for the 760 780 es smac wrap line of shafts.

Are these the next evolution for the 760 780 es smac wrap line of shafts.

Not really. Per the article, they are the next evolution of the Recoil shafts.

Not really. Per the article, they are the next evolution of the Recoil shafts.
I can actually say I’ve never hit any recoils that I didn’t like. Had them
In f9 irons have them in my cobra hybrids. Would like to try prototype 95 in my forge tec irons.

As a Recoil player for the past 6+ years, I am definitely interesting in learning more and trying this new line. I have been using sub-100 gram shafts in steel and graphite for the past 10 years so going down another 10 grams from my current 780 ES SW in not a big concern for me.

The DART line is not going to be aimed at slower swingers. It will feature heavier weights in time.

I think time will tell there and it will be dependent on how golfers take to the new DART based on demand. If I was a betting man, I would say the future is bright and people are going to really like this one.

Good to know heavier weights are coming!

Awesome release with some amazing graphics! I’m hoping a heavier version with an F5 offering comes later.

Curious to know why only lighter weights were introduced during the initial launch. :unsure:

Curious to know why only lighter weights were introduced during the initial launch. :unsure:

really hope they come out with heavier weights later on...I really enjoyed having the proto wedge shafts in 3 wedges

Because that is what is most popular. Despite the mentality online that heavier is necessary, its outside of the normal spectrum and we have seen driver shafts go consistently lighter over the years and iron shafts (including steel) as well. What was once only 65-80 in drivers is now 50-60 and what was once 125+ in steel is now 20+ lighter as well.

With modern materials and design strength can be less of an issue and has been embraced largely by the masses. I believe we see those heavier weights, but it is a smaller segment for sure.

Back