UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

Nice Presser JB

Graphics are great name is fun and the 75 F4 seems like it would be fun in a UT

I’ve been playing Recoils for the past five years primarily in the 95 weight class. Going to be interesting to see the impact of a drop to 75 gram, that’s quite a drop. Although JB mentioned a higher weight is in future plans. I do like the commentary about stiffening the tip, it will certainly help with dispersion. Looking forward to detailed reviews.
It's more about creating "higher hoop stiffness" in the tip section.
Danny

As a new convert to graphite I love seeing them continue to innovate. I hope the heavier options are out sooner rather than later as these sound awesome.

@DannyLe , having not had graphite in the bag before, how would I go about getting similar performance based on current steel specs? I have Cobra Forged TEC with Modus3 Pro XS and 919 Tour with DG 120 XS.
I would recommend looking at similar weight first and starting there. In this case, 110 or 125 will both work.
Danny

Is there a pretty picture for said "higher hoop stiffness"?
This is two extremes and easy for everyone to understand.

Grab a plastic straw and push down on either ends. This is extremely "low hoop" and something that would create a very inconsistent shaft. Get a metal straw and do the same. The metal straw would be extremely "high hoop" and something that would create a very bad feeling shaft and something most golfers can't load properly.
Danny

Grab a plastic straw and push down on either ends. This is extremely "low hoop" and something that would create a very inconsistent shaft. Get a metal straw and do the same. The metal straw would be extremely "high hoop" and something that would create a very bad feeling shaft and something most golfers can't load properly.
Danny
Each weight category will require "different hoop stiffness".

Danny

I would recommend looking at similar weight first and starting there. In this case, 110 or 125 will both work.
Danny
Thanks Danny, what are your thoughts on lighter in the longer irons moving to heavier in the scoring clubs?

Thanks Danny, what are your thoughts on lighter in the longer irons moving to heavier in the scoring clubs?
I'm a proponent of doing that across the entire spectrum of your clubs. Lightest weight in driver and heaviest in your last wedge.

This is what I play:
50/60g driver/fairway
85g hybrid
95g irons/wedges
110g sand/lob wedge

Danny

I'm a proponent of doing that across the entire spectrum of your clubs. Lightest weight in driver and heaviest in your last wedge.

This is what I play:
50/60g driver/fairway
85g hybrid
95g irons/wedges
110g sand/lob wedge

Danny

Gasp...You playing 95g iron shafts with a fast swing speed.
Don't let them see your sole width or top line though :ROFLMAO:

Danny

Currently have lighter recoils in my irons. These sound fantastic and with improvements over an already incredible shaft, these are going to knock it out of the park!

The new Dart shaft sounds like a very natural design element that had a lot of engineering hurdles to pull off correctly. Having the privilege of switching to all graphite and seeing the advantages that it’s provided me, I’m excited to see where this new improvement takes shaft performance .

Aftermarket Retail = $39.99/each.
This will be available as a stock graphite option in a very popular iron model to be announced soon and custom in pretty much every major OEM iron program.

Danny
When do you think the shaft will become available in a 95-ish weight class?

Quick/boring story on shaft weight. When I started in the golf business in 2000, I was playing Dynamic Gold S300
When do you think the shaft will become available in a 95-ish weight class?
Closer to the end of the year. Our main focus was to produce a product that a majority of golfers would fit into first. The heavier weights are more complicated and takes a little longer because we are designing individual lengths for each wieght and flex.

Just look at our current offering:

95 F3/F4 = 18 individual irons
110 F4/F5 = 18 individual irons

That is a total of 36 different design.

THP will be the first to know.

Danny

@DannyLe will have these in the bag soon :ROFLMAO:

These look fun! Seems like recoils are really catching on year to year....

As mentioned, I expect to see more weights skewing heavier in the future. Recoil has a lot of users in the lighter weights, but the company definitely is not forgetting about those that use steel like weight.
Glad to see that since these weights to not appeal to me but I still love me some Recoils.

Quick/boring story on shaft weight. When I started in the golf business in 2000, I was playing Dynamic Gold S300

Closer to the end of the year. Our main focus was to produce a product that a majority of golfers would fit into first. The heavier weights are more complicated and takes a little longer because we are designing individual lengths for each wieght and flex.

Just look at our current offering:

95 F3/F4 = 18 individual irons
110 F4/F5 = 18 individual irons

That is a total of 36 different design.

THP will be the first to know.

Danny
What recoil shaft do you see being best option in the one length revolution.

What recoil shaft do you see being best option in the one length revolution.
I’m not Danny, but will be going to the DART 75s in my set I believe.

I’m not Danny, but will be going to the DART 75s in my set I believe.
Reason to go to them vs the proto you have.

Looking forward to thoughts on these. Really waiting for the day when low flight is an option. They look great!

I’m very interested in these shafts.

Back