Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

I am currently testing some stuff that hits store next year and am super impressed, but that is not to say the B21 is coming out. As of right now it is staying.
That is no faint praise.

Honestly, I should probably be gaming it full time. I practically do, it seems every other round I look in the back hatch when loading the cart and put it in the bag.

And the sound.......🔥🔥🔥
It really is one of the very best feeling/sounding drivers that I can remember playing.

Nope, that beauty is in my beloved EXS Pro that’s just the most filthy cannon I’ve ever hit.

That’s probably why I’ve not moved to this. Can’t make myself switch the shaft out of the EXS Pro. But, I do have the non graphic version somewhere still.....
What are you playing in this head?

If there is a better sounding/feeling driver out there, I would love to know what it is.

If there is a better sounding/feeling driver out there, I would love to know what it is.
It’s pretty spot on fantastic. SO much better than Mav Max and it’s way too harshness.

I just got my B21 a couple of weeks ago -- WOW! I have always been a Ping Driver fan.. but because of those ugly Turbulators -- I looked elsewhere and now I have to Thank Ping for bringing out such an ugly driver head. I would have not gone to the otherside. Darn Glad I did - and very happy with the Helium Shaft.:love:

Was talking about this one today and I’ve kid of come the the realization I need to give it a fair shake this next season, and I need to put my blank custom shaft into it and see how it goes.

I will say it for the 1,000th time, this club is a unicorn.

I've got this driver and the first few rounds with it were really good, but as of late I can't seem to hit it at all. I'm going to change shafts in it for the next round to see if that makes a difference.

I've got this driver and the first few rounds with it were really good, but as of late I can't seem to hit it at all. I'm going to change shafts in it for the next round to see if that makes a difference.
Sounds like golf to me brother. :ROFLMAO:;)

I went to Golf Galaxy the other day and saw the Golf Pride team navy and red grip. I though, hey that would look awesome on the B21. This is not only a fantastic driver, but with the Eevenflow White and this navy and red grip onmy version is a beautiful piece of equipment as well.

20210101_150312.jpg20210101_150315.jpg

Last edited:
I hit this in the SIM this afternoon. I was all over the face. And, had a case of the lefts with this driver. When I swapped to the GS53 Max, I hit the center or toe-side of center 17 times in a row. I have a HZRDUS Black Smoke in that driver. I’m thinking I need to put something else in the BB21 that weighs a little more and stouter than the RCH.

Took this one out yesterday for grins and after my discussion with Dan on Off Course fired me up for it again....I’ll say it again, UNICORN.

If you don’t need low spin, it’s not going to be a good go for you, I think we have seen that with a few here that just thought it was a more draw biased Max, which we tried to tell you it wasn’t :ROFLMAO:;)

On misses, the spin stays shockingly low and the distance you keep on a miss or non center strike is unlike anything I’ve ever seen before in any driver.

It’s still not my favorite to look down at shape wise, but man, it’s freaking lethal.

@Jman - This may be my driver for 2021. I had an opportunity to test it on the course, and my drastic slices became only moderate slices and kept the ball in play. Ironically, at least in my mind, as I saw the ball wasn't going to go OOB on the drive, it just gave me more confidence to then swing harder. Unicorn is a good word for it. I wonder if the Epic Speed Max (or whatever that is called) takes the B21 and makes it even better with the sliding weight. Can't wait for the THP review on these new Callaways as well.

@Jman - This may be my driver for 2021. I had an opportunity to test it on the course, and my drastic slices became only moderate slices and kept the ball in play. Ironically, at least in my mind, as I saw the ball wasn't going to go OOB on the drive, it just gave me more confidence to then swing harder. Unicorn is a good word for it. I wonder if the Epic Speed Max (or whatever that is called) takes the B21 and makes it even better with the sliding weight. Can't wait for the THP review on these new Callaways as well.
All I can say is this, they are very different drivers. There’s nothing like this out there, or coming at this moment.

Took this one out yesterday for grins and after my discussion with Dan on Off Course fired me up for it again....I’ll say it again, UNICORN.

If you don’t need low spin, it’s not going to be a good go for you, I think we have seen that with a few here that just thought it was a more draw biased Max, which we tried to tell you it wasn’t :ROFLMAO:;)

On misses, the spin stays shockingly low and the distance you keep on a miss or non center strike is unlike anything I’ve ever seen before in any driver.

It’s still not my favorite to look down at shape wise, but man, it’s freaking lethal.

You like looking at the middle of the fairway though right? and past your partners ball to yours as you wait for them to hit. haha.

This statement here is what makes me love this driver. I've seen distance with this driver that I've never seen before, and I definitely think a big part of that is not being afraid to just let it rip. I've seen some call this point and shoot and I 100% agree for me, if I get my alignment correct this thing is a fairway finding rocket launcher.

@thewilderside . I agree. I only had one round to test it. With a few tweaks in my setup, perhaps swing (lol), maybe an appropriate shaft fitting- I could see this club really helping me out.

@thewilderside . I agree. I only had one round to test it. With a few tweaks in my setup, perhaps swing (lol), maybe an appropriate shaft fitting- I could see this club really helping me out.
It took me about 5 holes to figure this thing out. Once I stopped trying to avoid the right miss that's plagued me forever it really came to life.

It took me about 5 holes to figure this thing out. Once I stopped trying to avoid the right miss that's plagued me forever it really came to life.
Yeah I think that's the thing with this driver, it was called point and shoot, lineup and go, it really is a free swinger. I'm excited for the season to roll around and get back out there, lots of b21 in my bag and I have a lot of confidence they'll all play well.

I don't have a monitor, but I would say this driver has significantly reduced spin for me. I'm probably a hair under 4k RPMs now. One thing I have noticed, is when I miss a little out towards the toe, I tend to see a straighter flight. For the first time in a long time, I have no desire to hit a different driver. I've liked drivers a lot, but nothing has kept my eye from wandering. Closest admiration I've had compared to the B21 is the old Optiforce 440. Really is a game changer.

Was just thinking back, and I only missed three times I used it Sunday. One was the first swing of the day, and it wasn't far off. One was a pull that might have had a chance had the opening in the trees not been narrower than the tee box. The other was just a lazy swing.

Based on the internals design, there’s no need to loft up like with a standard low forward design, this is an all new recipe, and launch is part of the equation.
does it not have a triangular shape? like the taylormade aeroburner? it looks larger, my point is that this looks better than the aeroburner at least for me

Yeah I think that's the thing with this driver, it was called point and shoot, lineup and go, it really is a free swinger. I'm excited for the season to roll around and get back out there, lots of b21 in my bag and I have a lot of confidence they'll all play well.
Yeah there's a very real chance that once the B21 line hit CPO I'll be scanning for a 5/7 wood or 3h to bridge the gap between driver and 4 iron.

This statement here is what makes me love this driver. I've seen distance with this driver that I've never seen before, and I definitely think a big part of that is not being afraid to just let it rip. I've seen some call this point and shoot and I 100% agree for me, if I get my alignment correct this thing is a fairway finding rocket launcher.
Yep, the more you hit it the less faer of the teebox is in your mind, which allows you to swing freely, which leads to better drives. It's a virtuous cycle to be on for sure. So often in golf the cycle works the other way.

Back