Jon Rahm Joins Callaway Staff

I don’t think the retail versions are that close.. the TP5x is a much firmer ball. The chrome soft x is an excellent ball. But I would put it closer to the regular TP5. At least in my opinion.
The spin profile is mid-high on the CSX.

Raises an interesting question. Do most pros play a ball that is available or at this time of year will be available early next year?
It will depend on where we are in our cycle - in a year where we will be bringing new balls to retail, for part of the year before the pros would most likely be starting to transition into the new ball. In a non-intro year like we are in this year, most guys will continue what they have been using until we start bringing them the next generation.

Brand placement is key.... Eyes on Sunday leader board, now Rahm needs to perform

I know that I've never in any way sought out Rahm to watch, and I will be now. I can't be the only one who previously liked Callaway more than him, or vice versa. I hope it works that way a lot, for both parties.

Per PGA Tour this is what is in his bag: https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentre...lubs-equipment-jon-rahm-new-callaway-bag.html

Driver: Callaway Proto Triple Diamond (10.5)

Shaft: Aldila Tour Green 75 TX

4-wood: Callaway Mavrik SZ (16.5)

Shaft: Aldila Tour Green 75 TX

5-wood: Callaway Mavrik SZ (18)

Shaft: Graphite Design Tour AD DI (Black) 8X

Irons: Callaway UT Proto (4) Callaway Apex Proto (4-PW)

Shafts: Project X Rifle 6.5

TBD on whether the UT or STD 4 iron will be in play.

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged JPN (52/8, 56/12,60/10)

Shafts: Project X Rifle 6.5

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

Ball: Callaway CSX

Will be interesting to see if the changes affect his game at all like it has others in the past. I do think its a great get for Callaway though.

Interesting that he didn't switch putters too

Rahmbo rocking the Jordan 11 white/black cleats today. That is awesome and way better than the adidas dad shoes he used to wear.

Rahmbo rocking the Jordan 11 white/black cleats today. That is awesome and way better than the adidas dad shoes he used to wear.

I would be a happy guy to be able to score a pair of those!

Will be interesting to see if the changes affect his game at all like it has others in the past. I do think its a great get for Callaway though.

Interesting that he didn't switch putters too

I could see a putter change taking more time to dial in. If he does indeed change from the trusty spider.

I could see a putter change taking more time to dial in. If he does indeed change from the trusty spider.
With the SL Ten being so similar to the Spider, I’d think that wouldn’t be a tough transition for him.

With the SL Ten being so similar to the Spider, I’d think that wouldn’t be a tough transition for him.

headshape absolutely similar. Insert, alignment, any number of other smaller variables could still take a bit, would probably be a safe assumption

I couldn't just for and stare at today's coverage, and didn't catch a behind look when I was watching - did anyone get a peek at the Apex proto irons? From face-on view of a couple they showed, the shape looked exactly like the MB's. Thought it was, really.

I couldn't just for and stare at today's coverage, and didn't catch a behind look when I was watching - did anyone get a peek at the Apex proto irons? From face-on view of a couple they showed, the shape looked exactly like the MB's. Thought it was, really.

I thought in the practice round pictures that he was using the same irons that Xander was playing. I was trying to watch most of the tournament and I thought he hit his irons really well. With his driver he seem to have a little bit of head scratching moments although Jon can be overly dramatic for the cameras sometimes. I was a little shocked at the line Jon took with his drive on 17 that hooked into the bush, I wouldn’t blame the club for that one. I mean he only shot 59 in a pre-Maui practice round I hear with the new clubs so he can certainly play them.

Will be interesting to see if the changes affect his game at all like it has others in the past.
Doesn't their have to be some sort of transition period though? The more reps the better obviously with his new gear, but this isn't something that happens right off the bat, for most of these guys who switch brands, I'd say it takes a few months to get acclimated/comfortable?

Doesn't their have to be some sort of transition period though? The more reps the better obviously with his new gear, but this isn't something that happens right off the bat, for most of these guys who switch brands, I'd say it takes a few months to get acclimated/comfortable?
It sure seems so typically. We will find out soon

I didn't realize that the putter and shoes (especially since Travis Matthews has the Cuater shoes) weren't part of the deal. The putter especially which is seen all the time in the broadcast. Shoes wouldn't otherwise be so highlighted but when he is wearing the Jordans it kind of sticks out (I had to make sure these weren't some new Cuater model on their website).

I know in tennis it at least used to be pretty standard practice for guys to re-paint their rackets and keep playing what they used before, they should just re-pain Rahm's putter to Odyssey colors :)

I didn't realize that the putter and shoes (especially since Travis Matthews has the Cuater shoes) weren't part of the deal. The putter especially which is seen all the time in the broadcast. Shoes wouldn't otherwise be so highlighted but when he is wearing the Jordans it kind of sticks out (I had to make sure these weren't some new Cuater model on their website).

I know in tennis it at least used to be pretty standard practice for guys to re-paint their rackets and keep playing what they used before, they should just re-pain Rahm's putter to Odyssey colors :)
I believe putter, apparel, and shoes are included in the deal. Perhaps just a transition period needed.

I believe putter, apparel, and shoes are included in the deal. Perhaps just a transition period needed.

Ok, thanks didn't read through all the stuff. That would make sense.

I've seen the repaint in tennis (though more common to repaint within the same manufacturer rather than painting as other manufacturer, but it does happen).
I do know in many other sports, such as hockey, this is a pretty big no-no. I would imagine there's similarity there in golf. I fully believe he'll be using an odyssey putter in the coming tournaments, but I understand why he is not yet.

Seeing some pictures floating around online at Farmers. Looks like he’s testing (maybe even put in bag?) an Odyssey 2-ball with new red stroke lab shaft in it.

We’re 7 months removed from this big announcement and it certainly seems to have paid early dividends for both parties.

We’re 7 months removed from this big announcement and it certainly seems to have paid early dividends for both parties.
Skilled and winning, sincere and likable amidst controversy, says just enough spicy to get people to talk about it... They have to be thrilled with how it's gone.

In hindsight, it's been an amazing partnership for both of them thus far. Rahm is a great spokesman, and he's playing very well with Callaway gear.

Back