Honma Introduces TR21 Irons, Hybrids and Fairway Woods

I'm sure plenty of people will say it so I'll beat them to it. These are a bit thicker than a few popular hollow body irons on the market. It isn't by much and you would never be able to tell unless you are REALLY looking for it, but it is what I saw. Total non-issue in my opinion but this is the internet.

Yeah maybe I need to see them in person because I don’t see the thickness all that much but They do look slightly long heel to toe.

Yeah maybe I need to see them in person because I don’t see the thickness all that much but They do look slightly long heel to toe.
Exactly! They aren't thick at all compared to normal clubs and they were rocket launchers, so maybe a hair more size is good.

I play Apex and was recently fit into TR20P. They seem pretty similar to me. Only getting to hit the 6 iron does leave many questions. What I can say is I hit the Honma 6 better than my Apex 6 iron. This could be due to the shaft as well. I have no intention of getting rid of the Apex but I’d really like to add the Honma to my stable.
Well that makes me want to hit them and the entire line even more.

& they have a hollow body option to go with the rest of the beautiful options, be nice if they could get some market traction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that makes me want to hit them and the entire line even more.
I don’t think you’d regret it. They are kinda special.

I have the TW-X and are great. Not low spinners as similar in other brands. Several differences in new model. Are the new foam filled?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the TW-X and are great. Not low spinners as similar in other brands. Several differences in new model. Are the new foam filled?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you click the link in the first post our full preview of the tech is listed. Tons of good info by @Molten

Is their logo a mole??? I don't think I have every noticed that before..

I am not sure I understand that...

The way it was explained to me was back in the 60s, moles on golf courses were extremely common in Japan. The company adopted the logo for the animals perseverance as well as its home on the course.

The way it was explained to me was back in the 60s, moles on golf courses were extremely common in Japan. The company adopted the logo for the animals perseverance as well as its home on the course.

The back story does help a bit.

Nice looking!

With the look these offer and the tech story that @Molten explained in the article, I am a bit surprised to see the lack of buzz.

Do you think that relates a bit to the branding that Honma needs to tell better?

i blame beres. i’d rather see honma make beres its own branded line. and let all other honma gear be honma. it will take time, but hopefully separating these will rid honma of the label as “the company that makes those crazy expensive gold clubs”

i blame beres. i’d rather see honma make beres its own branded line. and let all other honma gear be honma. it will take time, but hopefully separating these will rid honma of the label as “the company that makes those crazy expensive gold clubs”

i agree with this!

Having some fun.

I have had the TR21 5 wood in the bag since October and it is a beast of a club. It is easy to hit, it is long. Every now and then I can even work not only the height but the path of the ball which is some what of a foreign concept to me. The TR21 5 wood knocked my TM Burner 5 wood out of the bag that I has been in and out for over 12 years so that it itself says a lot.

I like it so much that I am considering getting the matching 3 wood even though I have struggled with 3 woods previously.

IF you can find one of the fairway woods to try I recommend doing so.

I have had the TR21 5 wood in the bag since October and it is a beast of a club. It is easy to hit, it is long. Every now and then I can even work not only the height but the path of the ball which is some what of a foreign concept to me. The TR21 5 wood knocked my TM Burner 5 wood out of the bag that I has been in and out for over 12 years so that it itself says a lot.

I like it so much that I am considering getting the matching 3 wood even though I have struggled with 3 woods previously.

IF you can find one of the fairway woods to try I recommend doing so.
You're making me really want to try the TR21 woods, John! :cool:

Back