2020 Toulon Putter Thread

I thought for sure I'd be going back to Spider X when the season starts back up, but my Chicago is quickly becoming my favorite putter. I'm just putting on mats, but that thing is so pure.
What is it about the Chicago you prefer over the Spider? Feel? Balance? Looks?

A man of many words :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

it’s seriously a phenomenal head shape. I went with the long neck instead of the double bend as I wanted some toe hang, but it is everything I love about my other odyssey #1 and #2’s, while being a bit wider and more stable.

blades suit my eye incredibly well. Prior to the Chicago I was going back and forth between the Palm Beach and a TTtenS. Very very happy with the performance and look of the Chicago right now.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

it’s seriously a phenomenal head shape. I went with the long neck instead of the double bend as I wanted some toe hang, but it is everything I love about my other odyssey #1 and #2’s, while being a bit wider and more stable.

blades suit my eye incredibly well. Prior to the Chicago I was going back and forth between the Palm Beach and a TTtenS. Very very happy with the performance and look of the Chicago right now.
Haha thanks for indulging me!

Thos does seem to blend the look of a blade, with. But more behind it. Intrigues me a lot, putters with this shape.

Haha thanks for indulging me!

Thos does seem to blend the look of a blade, with. But more behind it. Intrigues me a lot, putters with this shape.

As a putter ho, I already know that my next one will be the same shape (1 wide), but likely won’t replace the Chicago as the gamer when I get it in the coming months.

Ugh, heading down this road again, this just showed up. Garage Chicago Double bend, black single dot. It looks so good. Will be a long winter not knowing how it rolls on course.

For those that don't have a Toulon currently, what is your favorite shape? (pics are in the original post).

I lean toward the Atlanta first, and the Seattle 2nd. I prefer a mallet currently, and the Atlanta fits the bill there. Nothing crazy, but still a good size. The Seattle intrigues me with it's weight manipulation.

Then, comes the ponder that's been growing, with the Chicago quickly catching up, especially with the chats I've been having today!

So many great choices!

With a Chicago on the line if we hit our goals, let's talk about it. Who has one? Who has tried one? These look fantastic, so what are your thoughts about the wide blade?
Have it, and it is one of the best putters I have ever rolled. Feel is great, puts a great smooth roll on the ball.

Basically this. Came in a super close second in my fitting, but I went a different way. Feel was the best out of the ones I tried after figuring out what I needed. Solid chance one heads my way at some point from the garage, unless they release a true double wide in the Toulon line.

Basically this. Came in a super close second in my fitting, but I went a different way. Feel was the best out of the ones I tried after figuring out what I needed. Solid chance one heads my way at some point from the garage, unless they release a true double wide in the Toulon line.
Easy to be tempted by the garage!

What is it about the Chicago you prefer over the Spider? Feel? Balance? Looks?

I'd say I much prefer the looks of the spider. I've never been as comfortable with blades as I am with mallets. The Chicago is the first wider blade that I've ever tried and I've just been blown away, by how it looks at address and how it feels off the face. It just feels solid and like @Snickerdog has said it just rolls the ball beautifully.

Need to be reset and reshafted but going to love having this in the bag

65E7142A-3111-4DAB-9DCC-0475CCD7924C.jpeg

whoa that's unique. where'd you find that? is this your second chicago?

yes sir. Second Chicago but this one has paintfill compared to my other that is paint and medallion less. Going with steel shaft from true temper on rebuild instead of stroke lab

yes sir. Second Chicago but this one has paintfill compared to my other that is paint and medallion less. Going with steel shaft from true temper on rebuild instead of stroke lab
Do you not care for Stroke Lab?

Do you not care for Stroke Lab?

not on this putter. The heavier KBS CT tour shaft has been great in my first Chicago. The added overall weight with the steel shaft has helped me maintain rythem and path on shorter putts.

Man that's a very interesting neck. It has a really nice look when looking down at it.

thanks. i thought i would like it on the stroke lab black 7 i have but it looks horrible to me on that one. On the Chicago, the little offset created by the adapter just seems like the best of double bend shaft with a different look. And the finish on the adapter helps with glare too.

thanks. i thought i would like it on the stroke lab black 7 i have but it looks horrible to me on that one. On the Chicago, the little offset created by the adapter just seems like the best of double bend shaft with a different look. And the finish on the adapter helps with glare too.
insert "where does he get these wonderful toys?!" gif here

Recently won a Las Vegas on a Facebook game, non stroke lab but stoked to say the least!

Well I’m finally a Toulon Chicago owner. Took me longer than I had anticipated but I’m thrilled!
DCA9B6CD-5A06-4499-B260-BE2F5D5A720A.png

Back