Aero Swing Training Aid Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
While the believers that distance is destroying this hallowed game of ours may not like it, speed is the name of the modern game and that isn’t going away any time soon. The chase for more is very real, be it on the PGA Tour or even at the local muni, so when I got the chance to try the Aero-Swing I jumped on it. Not built around weights, this is a system built around resistance, specifically air resistance.

Continue reading...

Ooooihhhh. Was just looking at this thing and reading some reviews/gossip on it. Your timing is exceptional as always @Jman

Having a speed trainer that allows you to swing your own club and hit balls is very interesting.

price point makes it an easy item to try without much investment other than time.

wow this sounds awesome... Love the idea of being able to use my own driver and hit balls with it

since you used SuperSpeed training, which do you prefer??

Well that’s an interesting product. Speed is the name of the game for sure. I have the SuperSpeed training system, but a benefit I see here is the ability to use these with a 5i and swing/hit balls in the garage rather than chase speed outside with SuperSpeed is interesting. Looking forward to hearing how the full program works out.

Great write up @Jman ! I like that they have a training program attached to it like the other speed devices. Look forward to hearing the results from your students.

Thanks for the great review James. Using on your club and being able to hit balls with it installed is a really cool aspect of this speed trainer. Very affordable price point and it sounds as though it produces tangible results.

Just read through the review. In theory, it makes complete sense. Leverage your existing equipment but just use aero to create resistance in the swing to build up the twitch/primary muscle groups used in the swing. The best part is that aero resistance will still be relatively effective even after gaining the speed since it uses aero resistance which would actually increase the faster the trainer moves through the air.

I've been tempted by super speed golf for awhile but price and intrusiveness have held me back.
This seems to improve on both those points. Will be interesting to follow if it as effective.

Even cheaper on Amazon, I'll give it a go.

I like how you make it a point to say that it works if you do the work.

I like how you make it a point to say that it works if you do the work.
It’s really solid, I’m eager to see how it works out with my kids over 6 weeks.

That's super interesting. Definitely a unique product.

wow this sounds awesome... Love the idea of being able to use my own driver and hit balls with it

since you used SuperSpeed training, which do you prefer??
I’m not sure since I didn’t get a full 6 weeks with this. They also both do it differently, this one is resistance based where SuperSpeed is reprogramming the brain with overspeed training. Two methods, both effective IMO

Great write up @Jman ! I like that they have a training program attached to it like the other speed devices. Look forward to hearing the results from your students.
The spreadsheets are super well done. I was really impressed, and I’m not a big spreadsheet guy :ROFLMAO:

It’s really solid, I’m eager to see how it works out with my kids over 6 weeks.

I like aids that give you some sort of program to follow. I've always found that it keeps me more interested. Unlike something like bunker belt, which has its own merit, but without more of a regimen, it's hard to really want to put it to use. Same for some of the force training clubs. But this and superspeed golf have a method to keep people more engaged in the process.

I like aids that give you some sort of program to follow. I've always found that it keeps me more interested. Unlike something like bunker belt, which has its own merit, but without more of a regimen, it's hard to really want to put it to use. Same for some of the force training clubs. But this and superspeed golf have a method to keep people more engaged in the process.
Totally agree. It doesn’t have to be a rocket science regimen as long as there’s some sort of framework to follow, I think this and SS both do it well.

Will be looking into this and following your testing. Might even help me. This along with some work on my release might be very beneficial.

Different for sure. Question: did it leave any marks on the shafts you used it on?

Will be looking into this and following your testing. Might even help me. This along with some work on my release might be very beneficial.
Yeah, I’m eager to see how the kids do with it. If my #1 girl gets any longer, look out.

I've spotted these and walked by them dozens of times as the local shop, but never really looked at them. Very interesting concept.
Question for you @Jman, did having these on your club cause you to alter your swing in any way. By that I mean, do you feel your body subconsciously would change the swing to try to fight the drag? Do you think this is a concern? I ask mostly because I am going through a swing change this year, and while looking to add speed, I have concerns on anything that could even subconsciously start altering the swing further.

Different for sure. Question: did it leave any marks on the shafts you used it on?
Nope, and I used it on a 1 of a kind shaft I treasure almost as much as my kids whose initials are on in :ROFLMAO:;)

There are rubber bumpers/washers around the openings to prevent that.

I've spotted these and walked by them dozens of times as the local shop, but never really looked at them. Very interesting concept.
Question for you @Jman, did having these on your club cause you to alter your swing in any way. By that I mean, do you feel your body subconsciously would change the swing to try to fight the drag? Do you think this is a concern? I ask mostly because I am going through a swing change this year, and while looking to add speed, I have concerns on anything that could even subconsciously start altering the swing further.
I think that’s on the individual, but if one is fighting it and trying to change the swing to make it work then they’re effectively not making it work, if that makes sense. (y)

Concept reminds me of the FanBat I used to use playing baseball to increase swing speed. But during those days I also wore the rubber sweat jacket and pants as well... :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Back