Aero Swing Training Aid Review

A very interesting concept, seems way better than the old swing donut weights.

A very interesting concept, seems way better than the old swing donut weights.
Not to mention, those things are BEGGING for an injury.

Love the write up! As a newer player, would y’all recommend waiting to build on speed until my form is better/more consistent? Or work on both (form and speed) simultaneously?

Not to mention, those things are BEGGING for an injury.
Yeah, these seemed way better, easier to use even and storage based on weight would be so much lighter

Looks nice and simple. Looks like you would have to buy a Radar to see if you swing speed increase.

Looks nice and simple. Looks like you would have to buy a Radar to see if you swing speed increase.
Beauty of being able to hit golf balls before, with it, and after though. One can see differences in actual carry/total. Radar helps, but not necessary imo

This device has been popping up on every piece of social media I have. I've thought about asking if anyone had tried it but thought, since no one had mentioned it, I'd look like a dummy for asking.

Love the review, James. You've done a great job breaking what it does and how it does it down. The device is attractive to me because it is lightweight. I've thought about the Superspeed deal but have been leary of it, rightly or wrongly, because of neck and back issues.

I think I'll check it out.

This was helpful for me to see how it attaches.

This device has been popping up on every piece of social media I have. I've thought about asking if anyone had tried it but thought, since no one had mentioned it, I'd look like a dummy for asking.

Love the review, James. You've done a great job breaking what it does and how it does it down. The device is attractive to me because it is lightweight. I've thought about the Superspeed deal but have been leary of it, rightly or wrongly, because of neck and back issues.

I think I'll check it out.
Appreciate it brother.

FWIW, the SuperSpeed program is lighter than a standard driver in two sticks, and only a bit heavier in one. They’re not a heavy weight program either.

Having a speed trainer that allows you to swing your own club and hit balls is very interesting.

price point makes it an easy item to try without much investment other than time.

At the price point, it is an attractive item.

Very nice review @Jman. I wonder if THP will have any member testing on this. There are a lot of gadgets out there that purport to increase speed. But you need to practice this to see if it really helps. A winter of practice for all swing levels for 2 months would really be a true test. I wonder if Aero Swing would be willing to let us put their product to the test.

Otherwise its just another $2 worth of plastic item selling for $50 with the allusion of increase in swing speed.

My first reaction was "$35 for a pieced of plastic with holes in it?" But after reading the full article there are some interesting aspects to this tool. First, I like that you can hit a ball. I tried a different training aid that increases swing speed but it was boring and I hated it enough to give up relatively quickly. Maybe this will be different. Secondly, 4mph gain in SS is nothing to sneeze at. So my initial skepticism changed to be more like "I can gain 5mph for $35 ... yes, please." @Jman the other training device had a scientific explanation, with the 3 rods and all. Anything like that here? Or is this basically the golf equivalent of having a donut on your bat in the batters box? Do the gains remain long term?

I like this product a lot. I find at my age that my body pays a price with weighted devices or clubs. My shoulder is jacked up now because of some golf related weight related exercise. Also the price is fair. The writing was excellent which is the norm.

hmm. great write up. Not sure im on board. Not sure i need to have a swing resistance trainer attached to my club or not. I feel like it could help but at the same time feel like it could also helo me lose the face of the club and the angle it approaches the ball. Unlike say.....super speed swing trainer, which is basically just a swinging weight with no head attached to it. im skeptical.

interesting point by @PKorf . With the plastic tool on and with the holes that create drag, did anyone notice a change in their swing? @Jman - any noticeable swing effect on your swing - did it cause the club to come too much inside or outside - as opposed to your normal swing?

Thanks for the fantastic review James. Interesting looking to say the least. At first it reminded me a whiffle ball & for those know anything about physics, the holes will allow for air to slow down / provide resistance to the item. Great price point here & think the idea of including a program based on swing speed to follow is amazing.

Now the question is do I want to chase speed?

hmm. great write up. Not sure im on board. Not sure i need to have a swing resistance trainer attached to my club or not. I feel like it could help but at the same time feel like it could also helo me lose the face of the club and the angle it approaches the ball. Unlike say.....super speed swing trainer, which is basically just a swinging weight with no head attached to it. im skeptical.
Weight closer to the head as it is will actually make you more aware of the face

I will be following this. Chalk me up as another who has interest in this product.

5 MPH for $35 seems like a great investment. I get the ability to hit golf balls while it is attached is a plus. Besides that, is this any different from a resistance trainer like a swing fan?

5 MPH for $35 seems like a great investment. I get the ability to hit golf balls while it is attached is a plus. Besides that, is this any different from a resistance trainer like a swing fan?
I think the fact that it’s your club IS the biggest thing. But the ability to put them on and take them off any club is also a pro comparatively.

Yep, that is true too

Weight closer to the head as it is will actually make you more aware of the face
guess I’d have to see it and use in hand before purchasing. Again, seems like the face at impact would become an issue when switching back to the club without it.

every time I’ve swung a wiffle ball bat, and then a normal bat.....my timing has been waaaaaaaaaaay off. 🤷🏼‍♂️

guess I’d have to see it and use in hand before purchasing. Again, seems like the face at impact would become an issue when switching back to the club without it.

every time I’ve swung a wiffle ball bat, and then a normal bat.....my timing has been waaaaaaaaaaay off. 🤷🏼‍♂️
This isn’t a wiffle ball bat though, at all.

This isn’t a wiffle ball bat though, at all.
Thus why I’d need to see it in hand. You likened it to a wiffle ball bat design earlier.

Thus why I’d need to see it in hand. You likened it to a wiffle ball bat design earlier.
I don’t recall that.

Back