First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Hybrids

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
While initially the Callaway Apex 21 irons are going to get the lion’s share of attention, it is worth reminding everyone that Callaway is also well known for their hybrids, in fact it is yet another category they get to claim being #1. So, when I tell you they are bringing not one, but two hybrids this year to accompany their iron sets, you might want to pay attention. 

Consider 2021 a re-imagining for Callaway and their entire Apex lineup, and the decision to offer two hybrids with the Apex name is one that makes a ton of sense. The realization was that they needed to have options that would blend with all three of their iron set designs. 

Curious? Read on. 

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrids

It makes sense to start here, as though the name is the same besides the date, this is legitimately an all-new hybrid model. The...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Again good work my friend (@Jman) I love the idea of a pro and standard model for these. Would you say the pro is more closely aligned with past versions of this hybrid while the new regular is more in line with their traditional shapes that match the wood release?

Just when I thought my mav pro 4Hybrid was safe, this comes out. The previous Apex hybrid didn’t work for me, but the 21 looks like it changes that.

I have grown to like my 19 Apex 3 and 4H. I’ll give these a try for sure. Not expecting major changes to be honest. I would be happy if the ball flight was just a little higher

I really like my Mavrik 3 hybrid but with the addition of AI into the face and improved forgiveness, the ‘21 Apex lineup has me pondering. I also like the addition of the 5 hybrid in the Apex Pro which was not available in the Mavrik Pro. Looking forward to seeing these rollout on the THP Showcase next Thursday.

Nice!

F8D3D3A7-BB6B-47E7-8D13-A9AE9223CADE.jpeg
A6D67581-64CA-4284-B9D0-833E23AC0CC0.jpeg

I’ve never been a hybrid guy but the pro hybrid appears to suite the eye. I’ll give these a try for the battle to gap the 4 iron to the 3 metal.

I have been giving a 21* Utility a go and have been underwhelmed.

I really like that the head can be adjusted on the Apex 21. Spin it open a touch to keep it from going left.

I have been giving a 21* Utility a go and have been underwhelmed.

I really like that the head can be adjusted on the Apex 21. Spin it open a touch to keep it from going left.

I am feeling the exact same! Haven’t been super enthused on my UT, but I have a need to fit the gap in that area. Making it adjustable is going to be huge.

I’m really looking forward to these hybrids. The oldest club in my bag was my rogue hybrids, so perhaps the club I was looking forward to upgrading the most this year. With the technology and impressive performance of the super hybrid, the Apex 21 appears to blend in that between that distance and forgiveness area that I am most interested in. As I would like to do the triple play combo set in Apex irons, the gap I am going to have in my bag is between the 17* SuperHybrid and Apex DCB 4 iron. This leaves me to believe an Apex 21 hybrid in 3 or 4 would be best there, but want to get fit to ensure proper gapping. And my fitting is already scheduled for early February.

I am really impressed with the look of these hybrids. Very pleasing to the eye based on pictures, and the size is very intriguing. While I know I don’t have the game for the pro’s, the standard don’t appear massive at all.

Just picked up the Apex 19 3 hybrid over thanksgiving. Really love the club. Excited to see the continuance of the line.

man I was really hoping they'd go back to the matte crown on this line. I still think the 2015 Apex hybrid has been their best in this series in terms of looks. It worries me a bit that the pro is what they are saying is geared towards that upper echelon player.

man I was really hoping they'd go back to the matte crown on this line. I still think the 2015 Apex hybrid has been their best in this series in terms of looks. It worries me a bit that the pro is what they are saying is geared towards that upper echelon player.
And makes me giddy! :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, it’s smart of them to make two profiles, options for blending galore based on skill or preference is a definite win.

I've seen these in person. Pics almost don't do this club justice. Just beautiful clubs.

I tried the last iteration of the Apex Hybrid, and it couldn't kick out the x2hot pro hybrid from my bag.

Maybe this is the year. I really like the looks of these, but performance will be the real key

the apex 19 changed my entire view on hybrids. glad they didn't completely stray from the shape.

I tried the last iteration of the Apex Hybrid, and it couldn't kick out the x2hot pro hybrid from my bag.

Maybe this is the year. I really like the looks of these, but performance will be the real key
And how about all those lefty options!

The Apex Hyrbrid from a few years ago was my favorite club, maybe ever. I can't say I was in love with the Mavrik hybrid, but I could easily fall in love with the Apex 21 Pro (looks to be a similar foot print to the Apex from a few years ago).

the apex 19 changed my entire view on hybrids. glad they didn't completely stray from the shape.
It’s why I love this two option thing, I was one who didn’t like the 19 shape at all and longed for the OG, now we have both! Wins for us all...but maybe not wallets :ROFLMAO:

And makes me giddy! :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, it’s smart of them to make two profiles, options for blending galore based on skill or preference is a definite win.

oh yeah, I like the two profiles. Could go for a bomber in the lower loft and more iron type in a higher loft.

Back