First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

LMAO if I don't come back tomorrow you all know what happened to me.

forgiveness is easier than permission. Though it may sting a little more..

forgiveness is easier than permission. Though it may sting a little more..
Did that on a whim with my driver during my last fitting. However, I am putting a simulator in right now and it may not be the time to push my luck.

Did that on a whim with my driver during my last fitting. However, I am putting a simulator in right now and it may not be the time to push my luck.

haha..

The only thing I can think is the difference is the face. The Apex line has A.I. face tech and the XCB don't. I cannot imagine they slap the Apex name on it without the benefits or presence of the Apex tech. That just seems odd and not a smart thing to do. Otherwise release TCB when you released XCB.
I think it got answered between here and there but @Jman said the TCB is a European only release.

I think it got answered between here and there but @Jman said the TCB is a European only release.

yeah I posted that earlier yesterday then @vgolfman confirmed.

My comment was more along the lines of the TCB face being different from the Xforged, otherwise why release it with the Apex name if it doesnt have the same tech as this line.

I cant get the pro's out of my head, these and the mim's are constantly on my mind. I cant wait to hit both
I thought about the Apex Pro all night. They're stunning. Also curious about the Elevate shafts...

MMT in the pros? Ummmmm hello

I don't know. It might be the perfect time to push. Already spending a bunch. What's the difference at that point? Irons are just a drop in the bucket.

Its crazy how excited I am to hit this lineup knowing that I am not going to make a change. I have heard those famous last words before.

Will anyone buy without trying? I call it blind buying.. I do it on basically everything.. Pick a shaft and pray!

Fantastic write-up Jman. Some good conversation going on in here. I'll be trying this out in the spring. If they have any sort of trade in bonus going on then, these might just be going in the bag right away. Really interested in hitting all 3 offerings.

The simulator cost would be way over what I spend without discussing it. Agreed it might not be time to push your luck.

you could make a worse choice.. these are great looking.
The real question though is - Could I play them?! My eyes certainly say yes!

To be fair though, I still really like my Mizuno's!

I have high straight DCBombs dancing in my head. A 4-6 DCB with Apex 7-AW would be a nice combo to try out.

Last edited:
I had same question, I have sent a note to my Callaway rep, will post when I get a response. Matters when it comes to flex as the MCA site has a fitting chart (swing speed) that aligns to their shaft offerings. Weights just don’t line up.

@JB @Jman do you have any insight on the MMT shaft offering in the ‘21 Apex Pros in that weights don’t line up with the MMT shafts on the MCA site? Thanks.

Sorry I missed this.
This is NOT a made for. Callaway classifies by weight class, rather than actual weight.

Exact same shaft.

Sorry I missed this.
This is NOT a made for. Callaway classifies by weight class, rather than actual weight.

Exact same shaft.

between this and the recoil dart, callaway brought some serious heat with their stock graphite shafts.

I have never had any Callaway irons. These look great and I will be excited to go hit them with some other irons this year!

Man, the excitement continues to roll in and I love reading all of the comments. Quick question for gapping moving into wedges for folks that maybe have the 19's or are are smarter than me in general (not hard to accomplish ). I'm really lookimg at going to a 3 wedge setup after the set AW which is different for me. With the AW being 48 what wedge would you place next? 52, 56, 60? Or perhaps 50, 54, 58. I do tend to flop my current 58 a lot around the green and don't mind the loft. Curious what others are using since these have a stronger loft than my currents.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Man, the excitement continues to roll in and I love reading all of the comments. Quick question for gapping moving into wedges for folks that maybe have the 19's or are are smarter than me in general (not hard to accomplish ). I'm really lookimg at going to a 3 wedge setup after the set AW which is different for me. With the AW being 48 what wedge would you place next? 52, 56, 60? Or perhaps 50, 54, 58. I do tend to flop my current 58 a lot around the green and don't mind the loft. Curious what others are using since these have a stronger loft than my currents.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

if the 21 release is anything like the 19 or 16, i would say you can keep your current preferred sw and lw setup, and lean on your aw to be versatile and cover a bigger gap. imho, callaway's player's gap wedges are extraordinarily versatile.

Will anyone buy without trying? I call it blind buying.. I do it on basically everything.. Pick a shaft and pray!

Considering. I’ll blame the virus if I end up doing but we’ll see. Also coming off X forged plus will probably have to get the Recoils installed separately, might just make more sense. Like others, if the 50% trade bonus comes into play I probably won’t think twice.

Considering. I’ll blame the virus if I end up doing but we’ll see. Also coming off X forged plus will probably have to get the Recoils installed separately, might just make more sense. Like others, if the 50% trade bonus comes into play I probably won’t think twice.

This is where I am, minus the X Forged piece.

If there is a 50% trade-in bonus, I am buying right away

Back