Not sure if NFL network or ESPN will cover, but listening to Jeffrey Laurie talk about how good the Eagles football operations and their drafting has been over the years compared to all teams in the NFL and you just cringe as a fan and know it could be a long time or some luck needed to get back to a Super Bowl run.

Laurie said three times when asked how they have the people in place and he has to look at things differently then fans. He looks more in depth into the players they missed out on, but rated high and how all the people that want to come here is because of how good a job Howie Roseman has done. Then he went on to say how good Carson is and will be and said how good Nick Sudfield is and how the Eagles have a second round investment on him as the Eagles backup. Mr Laurie did you forget your great Roseman drafted Hurts in the second round this year? No mention of him.

How the Eagles have had such great talent on the team (with so many pro bowl players) and why they have been winning for so many years, but now it’s time to start looking at a building of the future. 🤦‍♂️

What’s the definition of insanity?

Panthers interviewing Steelers capologist Omar Khan for their GM job. He was the Texans candidate preferred by Watson and the recruiting firm the Texans engaged. Has been a fairly hot candidate the last few years. Steelers obviously like him but probably not enough to kick out the current GM Kevin Coibert to keep Khan around.

Justin Price wasn’t the player. He’s just some rando who published the video. Claypool is the player (WR) who said it this afternoon.

off the cuff remark on whatevercorp personal livestream, he shouldn't be saying **** like that (if they're trash but they beat you, what does that make you?)

buuuuuuut he's certainly not alone with that opinion of browns-chiefs

Yeah, I listened to post game today... in defense, how is a HC supposed to answer that question?

In the case of Tomlin, it is what it is, their record is their record and his coaching speaks for itself... zero ability to adjust and counter what teams do to them or even to counter what they are doing....
Team has zero identity.... honestly, when was the last time you’ve seen or even heard a Steelers team ranking 31st in rush offense? Add to that, prior to Tomlin what’s the one thing you knew the Steelers were going to do in a game.... they were going to more physical than you and would stop any run game.... under this regime can’t stop a nose bleed

At minimum OC needs to be gone and DC needs to be considered... Rooneys won’t let Tomlin go

The Browns just scored again on another Steelers turnover.

Four consecutive late season Steeler collapses going back to the Jacksonville playoff debacle. Compare the arcs of the JAX and CLE playoff games and they are eerily similar, right down to the garbage time TDs at the end.

In the last ten years, with the rosters he's had: six playoff appearances, three wins, one AFC Title game appearance.

19 Steelers, including 10 starters, will become unrestricted free agents. Huge cap problems. An aging roster in key places. This was their best shot at a title with this core of players. Injuries undoubtedly hurt, but when a team comes out that flat for that many games, one or more of the schemes, coaching, or leadership is bad.

I still maintain Tomlin is a very good coach, but as Bill Parcells once observed, every coach has a shelf life. There is clearly something missing from Tomlin's toolbox, and he may be at the end of his in Pittsburgh. Reid and Belichick are two examples of top coaches who benefited from a change of scenery.
Wholly agree but Rooneys won’t move on from Tomlin... is his job until he decides...
Wondering out loud if Texans would trade D. Watson for a 1st rounder and Tomlin? 😜

The first thing the new head coach and Roseman (if he is staying) need to do is make a final decision on the QB. I don't think Wentz can play at his optimal if Hurts is here. Look, Philly is a tough place to play and having the fans clamor for the backup is something Wentz just doesn't seem to have the will to excel thru. If the Eagles want to go Wentz (I don't like the fact that he can't take the pressure of a strong backup) they have to trade Hurts. I do believe you can get a 1st round pick for Hurts and maybe more. If going with Hurts then you trade Wentz. I still contend you can get at least a 3rd round pick for Wentz. It's pennies on the dollar, but that is where he is at this point.
Steelers should give a 3rd rounder if that’s all it would take 😂

Yeah, I listened to post game today... in defense, how is a HC supposed to answer that question?

In the case of Tomlin, it is what it is, their record is their record and his coaching speaks for itself... zero ability to adjust and counter what teams do to them or even to counter what they are doing....
Team has zero identity.... honestly, when was the last time you’ve seen or even heard a Steelers team ranking 31st in rush offense? Add to that, prior to Tomlin what’s the one thing you knew the Steelers were going to do in a game.... they were going to more physical than you and would stop any run game.... under this regime can’t stop a nose bleed

At minimum OC needs to be gone and DC needs to be considered... Rooneys won’t let Tomlin go
very similar to Seattle. 6 seasons since 2nd and dumb, 3 playoff wins (should be 2), one missed playoffs. I love Pete, but he refuses to get out of his own way sometimes. 5 year mid-season extension.

Panthers interviewing Steelers capologist Omar Khan for their GM job. He was the Texans candidate preferred by Watson and the recruiting firm the Texans engaged. Has been a fairly hot candidate the last few years. Steelers obviously like him but probably not enough to kick out the current GM Kevin Coibert to keep Khan around.
Will be a loss to the organization of Khan leaves town

very similar to Seattle. 6 seasons since 2nd and dumb, 3 playoff wins (should be 2), one missed playoffs. I love Pete, but he refuses to get out of his own way sometimes. 5 year mid-season extension.
Pete at least knows something about defense and scheme

the Panthers have interviewed 15 people so far for the open GM position. A couple of them have withdrawn themselves from consideration. 1 was hired by another team.

Teams over a 2021 salary cap of $175 million, per Spotrac. The column at right shows how much over the cap they are:

1610484590891.png

👀The Browns = TV ratings gold👀
BE2B250A-8DE8-4873-9DF2-21E01F6CFCF9.jpeg

👀The Browns = TV ratings gold👀
View attachment 8987877
To be fair this slot is always the highest rated since the Super Bowl. Next week will be the same most likely. Then the Championship games.

But I am pulling for the Browns and Bills. Would love to have both in the AFC championship so we are guaranteed one fanbase pure joy.

Teams over a 2021 salary cap of $175 million, per Spotrac. The column at right shows how much over the cap they are:

View attachment 8987808

I am so happy to not see the Cleveland Browns on that list! Next year will be the year of decision for the team and Baker. Do they extend him or not! I hope that he will be reasonable and want a raise, but not into the stratosphere! Don't make the team have to lose the talent around him.

Oh, Jeez! Brady looks like Moses, and Breese looks like Abraham! Good one, Duffer! HAW!

To be fair this slot is always the highest rated since the Super Bowl. Next week will be the same most likely. Then the Championship games.

But I am pulling for the Browns and Bills. Would love to have both in the AFC championship so we are guaranteed one fanbase pure joy.
More context....

cant say im surprised by this but early reports say the Bears are keeping Nagy and Pace.... which means another .500 season at best. This Bears team was terrible all year and were lucky to be 8-8. Through the first 6 games they were 5 plays away from being 1-5 and really should have been a 3-13 team

Pagano being gone will be a lot better for the defense. But overall this means Pace is getting another chance to draft/sign another QB. With a track record of Mike Glennon, Mark Sanchez, Trubisky, and Foles, I dont like his chances

How good is Jalen Ramsey?

He changes a defense and was a great trade for the Rams.

Closest to lock down CB the NFL has seen since Deion Sanders. Difference he mostly travels with the top WR, but not always. I don’t think he moves to the slot. So, teams are able to game plan to get Ramsey off their main guy on occasion.

That's insane. He isn't afraid of contact either - worth every penny of his contract.

The waiting because of a SB run is a reasonable concern. So is a reluctance to hire the hot OC because he has the hot QB. Concerns about the Andy Reid coaching tree? I've read in more than one place that Reid and his tree are considered the most influential of the recent era.

Not sure if NFL network or ESPN will cover, but listening to Jeffrey Laurie talk about how good the Eagles football operations and their drafting has been over the years compared to all teams in the NFL and you just cringe as a fan and know it could be a long time or some luck needed to get back to a Super Bowl run.

Laurie said three times when asked how they have the people in place and he has to look at things differently then fans. He looks more in depth into the players they missed out on, but rated high and how all the people that want to come here is because of how good a job Howie Roseman has done. Then he went on to say how good Carson is and will be and said how good Nick Sudfield is and how the Eagles have a second round investment on him as the Eagles backup. Mr Laurie did you forget your great Roseman drafted Hurts in the second round this year? No mention of him.

How the Eagles have had such great talent on the team (with so many pro bowl players) and why they have been winning for so many years, but now it’s time to start looking at a building of the future. 🤦‍♂️

What’s the definition of insanity?
What are the Eagles going to do with Wentz? His cap # is Massive 59 million if they trade or cut him.
either way they are paying him alot of money to be a backup unless they are going to sit Hurts for another year but I doubt the players would
be happy about that.

Back