I truly believe that Kyrie has some mental illness of some type that is becoming mor acute by the year. This is why I always wondered if the Nets would be a contender. Kyrie’s issues become a cancer on team building and it is not situational, as it manifested itself in Cleveland, Boston and, now, New Jersey. It’s too bad that these things play out on a stage because mental illness is real, but that is the nature of somebody who becomes a public figure.
This is a tough atmosphere for everyone in the country and I think it’s certainly amplified in Kyrie’s case. I do hope he uses the resources available to him.

On a somewhat related note, many players spoke about the isolation and mental strain of being in the bubble last year. I’m not even sure that’s a viable option this year and with more games cancelled today we may be coming to a head with the situation.

This is a tough atmosphere for everyone in the country and I think it’s certainly amplified in Kyrie’s case. I do hope he uses the resources available to him.

On a somewhat related note, many players spoke about the isolation and mental strain of being in the bubble last year. I’m not even sure that’s a viable option this year and with more games cancelled today we may be coming to a head with the situation.
Agreed

The thing that I don’t understand is that some who have already had it, like Kevin Durrant, are put back into the protocol, if exposed. It seems as if the NBA is treating it as if there is no immunity whatsoever.

Like you, I have no medical expertise.

The biggest issue is the different tests produce false positives and testing within a certain time period of having COVID can produce another false positive.

Oh boy...

Oh boy...

Not surprised at all. Watching their game last night...it was a joke. Even the announcers were making comments about how 'loose' (read lazy, not playing hard) the game was.

The NBA is an absolute dumpster fire. Between the Harden nonsense.....the Kyrie nonsense.....games getting cancelled.....its an absolute mess. They handled the playoffs last season commendably i suppose. But the product as a whole outside of my local market Cleveland team, I literally cannot watch. Its terrible and getting worse everytime one of these divas has a meltdown. (Which seems to be weekly).

The NBA is an absolute dumpster fire. Between the Harden nonsense.....the Kyrie nonsense.....games getting cancelled.....its an absolute mess. They handled the playoffs last season commendably i suppose. But the product as a whole outside of my local market Cleveland team, I literally cannot watch. Its terrible and getting worse everytime one of these divas has a meltdown. (Which seems to be weekly).
The most offensive thing to me, by far, continues to be the refereeing. Even @RealPretendPsychic knows that Embiid carried the ball on the next to last possession of regulation last night before the egregious blocking call on Olynyk.

/rant

The most offensive thing to me, by far, continues to be the refereeing. Even @RealPretendPsychic knows that Embiid carried the ball on the next to last possession of regulation last night before the egregious blocking call on Olynyk.

/rant
Nope! In true Philadelphia fan fashion I turned the game off after the turnover at one end and foul at the other and refused to turn it back on because I didn’t want to jinx it 😆 heck of an effort by your short-handed guys! If Danny Green (0/7 in his previous game) wasn’t making every three he took it would’ve been a blowout.

Tell me more...

There it is.

I cant tell you the last time I turned on a game...has to be going on 2+ years now.

And just like that.....

Well at least I don’t need to watch LeVert destroy the Sixers anymore. So do the Mets really have Durant, Harden, and Kyrie?

the cavs now have basically 3 centers........Jarret Allen...

Well at least I don’t need to watch LeVert destroy the Sixers anymore. So do the Mets really have Durant, Harden, and Kyrie?
Right now, Kyrie is more volatile and uncertain than Bitcoin.

Wait what now?!

someone please explain to me why the cavs were involved in this deal? We gave a 2022 first and Dante Exum for Jarret Allen and Taurean Prince?

And the pick details. Holy moly. Brooklyn hoping this works out better than their last big 3 trade.

someone please explain to me why the cavs were involved in this deal? We gave a 2022 first and Dante Exum for Jarret Allen and Taurean Prince?
Sure looks that way.

The Rockets are the new Sixers.
We were playing the lottery! I don’t think we ever this much draft capital. Tank mode initiated!

Back