Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

View attachment 8988518

Odd, and feels weird to post, but I want to have a place to reference when my memory of it inevitably goes to hell. Lots of personal bests with these clubs today, and the stars aligned during this stretch in a way I don't think they're ever likely to again. Tough conditions in the cold wind today and playing knockdown, muscling them into it, or easing off and letting them do the work up there and hold their lines pretty well all worked as good as I think I could ask. And I got saved in a pretty awesome way on a mishit later and turned it into a birdie.

They're really good heads.
What do all those circles mean? I only have squares on my scorecard 🧐

View attachment 8988518

Odd, and feels weird to post, but I want to have a place to reference when my memory of it inevitably goes to hell. Lots of personal bests with these clubs today, and the stars aligned during this stretch in a way I don't think they're ever likely to again. Once in a lifetime type stuff.

Tough conditions in the cold wind today and playing knockdown, muscling them into it, or easing off and letting them do the work up there and hold their lines pretty well all worked as good as I think I could ask. And I got saved in a pretty awesome way on a mishit later and turned it into a birdie.

They're really good heads. My first ever set of Srixons are making quite an impression on me.

That is fierce. Srixon knows how to make an iron, those are doing work.

Whatever it takes @OldandStiff needs to be on the THP granddaddy Team, Mr. Finely would get to play a real honest handicap...not a 19 playing like a 2 :cool:.

#Bringbackthebelt

Might have to swing by the golf store tomorrow to flirt with the ZX a little. Surprised its taken me this long.

Might have to swing by the golf store tomorrow to flirt with the ZX a little. Surprised its taken me this long.

Seriously.

They're flirty.

Seriously.

They're flirty.

I was going to comment earlier that I was expecting good things in your windy adverse conditions. Thus the encouragement for the knockdown/punch round. Looks like that played out and then some.

I was going to comment earlier that I was expecting good things in your windy adverse conditions. Thus the encouragement for the knockdown/punch round. Looks like that played out and then some.
Yeah, I appreciated that.

Conditions felt a little bit like home, and a little bit like it just helped me focus. I do well with a lot to think about. 9i on 14 came up short but I couldn't have hit it any better. That club charged through the rough and leaves. And I got a fraction skinny on 15 (they let you know) and they saved my butt. Pulled out a birdie despite it on the 2nd toughest hole. It was fun. Always is with them.

View attachment 8988518

Odd, and feels weird to post, but I want to have a place to reference when my memory of it inevitably goes to hell. Lots of personal bests with these clubs today, and the stars aligned during this stretch in a way I don't think they're ever likely to again. Once in a lifetime type stuff.

Tough conditions in the cold wind today and playing knockdown, muscling them into it, or easing off and letting them do the work up there and hold their lines pretty well all worked as good as I think I could ask. And I got saved in a pretty awesome way on a mishit later and turned it into a birdie.

They're really good heads. My first ever set of Srixons are making quite an impression on me.
There's something about the feel, and the sound. When I first got fitted a few years ago for the 565/765 combo I remember that about them..

View attachment 8988518

wow, bravo, dude... bravo! 👊

I did a thing today :cool:

Looks like @shanewu and I are keeping the tee time tomorrow so maiden voyage with my set. Looking forward to this a lot.

Today I listed my JPX921 Tour irons for sale.

Can't pay the ZX7's a bigger compliment than that..

These will get a look / try sooner or later and I kind if had a loose plan to go all Srixon for 2021 once the shine wears off the PXG experiment.
But now with the Callaway APEX release that clouds the water a bit more. I was pretty irritated with Callaway irons because for the EPIC forged cluster I got into with them, but that has worn off and the new APEX look good.

I have never been able to really get along with the V sole in any iron, but I am willing to try it again in the ZX models to see if things are different now for my swing, etc. Nice to see all the positive things about the Srixon irons here and their pricing is pretty friendly also.

Stopped by the golf store, and the ZX irons were not yet in.

Swatted the ZX5 & ZX7 drivers some more instead.

Maiden voyage with my ZX7's today. I only hit 7 GIR, but the dispersion for the irons shots was near perfect. No pulls left today and that is big for me as that is my miss. I had quite a few come up short of the green, (was pretty cold 35 at tee time) an wasn't allowing enough for that. The shots where just coming up 2-3 yards short of the green but all but 2 where on line with where i was aiming.
These irons feel great even in the cold temps. I could tell when I caught a couple to low and one that was very toe side but still got good distance.
Hoping I can get out tomorrow (home course) and have some more thoughts.

Maiden voyage with my ZX7's today. I only hit 7 GIR, but the dispersion for the irons shots was near perfect. No pulls left today and that is big for me as that is my miss. I had quite a few come up short of the green, (was pretty cold 35 at tee time) an wasn't allowing enough for that. The shots where just coming up 2-3 yards short of the green but all but 2 where on line with where i was aiming.
These irons feel great even in the cold temps. I could tell when I caught a couple to low and one that was very toe side but still got good distance.
Hoping I can get out tomorrow (home course) and have some more thoughts.

Tough going in 35* temps, so it sounds like a good first time out. LOVE hearing about the no lefts. That's big with any setup. (y)

Couple of address shots for those who are interested
PW/
128595F1-C08C-4BF2-BE18-4924F71B4305.jpeg

Back