First Look: Nippon Shaft Pro Regio Formula MB+

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
While the Nippon Shaft name is synonymous with not just steel, but top of the line steel shafts, some may not realize that they also do graphite wood shafts and do them very well.

Here at THP we have been able to see the quality up close and personal with the original Nippon Regio Formula MB review which our own Dan Edwards did in 2018 here and was pretty blown away by the performance. Well, enter 2021 and Nippon Shaft is bringing a new wood shaft to market, the Nippon Pro Regio Formula MB+.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice write up @Jman. Have you got one to sample yet? This seems like a nice smooth flowing shaft similar to an EvenFlow maybe.

Nice write up @Jman. Have you got one to sample yet? This seems like a nice smooth flowing shaft similar to an EvenFlow maybe.

Yes. We will have some really good content coming out of this line post showcase.

I really need to track down one of these Nippon graphite shafts! The whole Pro Regio Formula + line up looks great and delivers on performance.

Based on what I'm seeing the tip is a little more rigid than previous model and the butt is a touch softer which should improve feel slightly. Is this a high launching shaft?

Yes. We will have some really good content coming out of this line post showcase.
Looking forward to this. I'm always open to trying new shafts...$500+ price point though? Might be out of range for me.

• Staff
Looking forward to this. I'm always open to trying new shafts...$500+ price point though? Might be out of range for me.
Totally get that. I think the big thing with the price though is it has T1100 through the length of the whole shaft, not just one section like so many use it it. It’s an expensive material.

• Staff
Based on what I'm seeing the tip is a little more rigid than previous model and the butt is a touch softer which should improve feel slightly. Is this a high launching shaft?
With the tip section where it is, I would expect mid to mid-high, but we can test it out here in a few days 👀

If I could win the lottery I could try out all the new shafts and clubs on the market.

Really excited to work with this one, the question will be what head does it go in?

Really excited to work with this one, the question will be what head does it go in?

I believe for next week, we will test in either RADSPEED or EPIC SPEED.

Certainly an interesting look; Id imagine its a mid high launch. Should be interesting ti see this thrown in something next week.

Have yet to hit a Nippon graphite but have always loved the smooth feel of their irons.
This shaft sounds on paper to be a great feeling wood shaft.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Have yet to hit a Nippon graphite but have always loved the smooth feel of their irons.
This shaft sounds on paper to be a great feeling wood shaft.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
The quality blew me away when I got to try on last year.

i still have one of the regios in a backup bag. i bought the yellow and the blue a couple years ago. as much as i love the modus3 shafts in irons, i never quite found the same success with the wood shafts. they were good and fun, but i wasn't an instant convert like the iron shafts.

been wanting to try the Nippon wood shafts since seeing the feedback here over the last couple years

been wanting to try the Nippon wood shafts since seeing the feedback here over the last couple years
There’s a lot interesting about them, the biggest for me is that Nippon doesn’t do anything just so-so, its not in their DNA.

Nice write-up @Jman .....looks.Ike a solid shaft, like the look and colours, subtle but menacing. Have never seen a Nippon graphite wood shaft up where I live probably, we’re just not a big market but I’ll keep eyes posted. Would be nice to see one on the flesh.

Luved the Modus 105 for the month I played with them before my body rejected steel for the last time.

Nice write-up @Jman .....looks.Ike a solid shaft, like the look and colours, subtle but menacing. Have never seen a Nippon graphite wood shaft up where I live probably, we’re just not a big market but I’ll keep eyes posted. Would be nice to see one on the flesh.

Luved the Modus 105 for the month I played with them before my body rejected steel for the last time.
We should be bringing you a LOT more on these here next week abs beyond. There’s so much T1100 in this one it blows my mind a bit.

Eagerly awaiting thoughts in this one. Kind of went down the rabbit hole when @JB posted a pic of his mountain of driver shafts and I found out the prior generation existed, haha.

D7F061B3-7D84-4AD9-B9C7-1DA7E634D226.jpegD4E05DC5-0270-48F1-A22D-E476A3E25561.jpegDDF7D459-300D-4E36-99E1-3A924D0BB6FC.jpegC33F363E-BF05-4AE1-A00F-1C5647A227E1.jpeg

timely post! i was looking on nippon’s site last night, and saw some more pics of this shaft. it’s a looker for sure.
Right? The gold just pops!

I priced one of these and the regular model from The Peoples Clubs. 😳 They are above my pay grade!😢

Back