Tywithay

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Ordered a Cobra hybrid this week. Mail usually doesn't arrive until 330 or so in the afternoon, so I ran some errands this morning. Get a notification that it had been delivered while I was at the grocery store. Got home not even 15 minutes later and there's nothing on the porch. Don't really know what to do now. Guess I'm SOL and out $200 :mad:

Ordered a Cobra hybrid this week. Mail usually doesn't arrive until 330 or so in the afternoon, so I ran some errands this morning. Get a notification that it had been delivered while I was at the grocery store. Got home not even 15 minutes later and there's nothing on the porch. Don't really know what to do now. Guess I'm SOL and out $200 :mad:
Man that sucks...sure it wasn’t possibly delivered to a different address? I would definitely contact the shipping carrier.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, that's discouraging. Fortunately, my porch is an alcove style and they usually hide the package behing a brick pillar. Also, I live on a private street which helps. If this happened to me I would want to literally tar and feather the ja's. It's a shame the world we live sometimes, but frankly, I am surprised it doesn't happen more often with people out of work these days. I hope you get your package back!

Sad, I would contact your mail person/post office, the company you bought it from and your credit card company (or other method you paid by (PayPal). One of them might make good

Sorry to hear that, I hope you find a way to make it right. On one occurrence I had someone go through the neighborhood where I used to live and steal people’s packages. They dragged $500 worth of packages into my side yard and scattered the contents everywhere. It was an upsetting feeling. Fortunately they must not have had pets or an interest in vintage Gillette razors, but I did purchase a Ring doorbell shortly after.

This is exactly why video doorbells were invented. People suck

I have had a lot of success telling the shipper that the package was never received. They deal with this stuff a lot, and it's also possible that it was delivered to the wrong spot.

I've had stuff marked as delivered but actually delivered until the next day. Don't give up hope.

I have had a lot of success telling the shipper that the package was never received.
That's what I'd do.

They deal with this stuff a lot, and it's also possible that it was delivered to the wrong spot.
Yup. I've had it happen. I also had it happen once they claimed the item was delivered and it was still on the truck. Was delivered the next day.

That being said: I'm not nicking you, but I never leave the home unoccupied when I'm expecting delivery of anything that is at all valuable--particularly if I know it won't fit in our mailbox. And that's with having extensive video surveillance on the porch, front yard, and driveway.

Those don't seem to scare them anymore either. Worst.
No, but you can review the footage to see what exactly happened.

Validation I guess but still sucks.
No, not a case of validation, but knowing what actually happened. It could be it was mistakenly marked as "delivered" when it was not, it was mis-delivered, or it was correctly delivered and stolen. A surveillance cam would confirm it was either that last or one of the two former.

Yes: In any event it sucks.

Contacted USPS and they confirmed delivery, but couldn't confirm the exact address. They're investigating, but weren't helpful. Contacted the police and they took a report, said it happens often. That's basically it. I'm going to ask around if anyone has seen anything, but it feels pretty hopeless. I'd like to have a video doorbell, but I don't have a doorbell at all. Plus, the way my porch is shaped, they could grab it off the step without actually getting in front of the door. Luckily, it's just a golf club and nothing really important, but it's still a crappy feeling.

I'd like to have a video doorbell, but I don't have a doorbell at all. Plus, the way my porch is shaped, they could grab it off the step without actually getting in front of the door.
This is a newer version of a camera I used to use to watch our porch: Reolink Wireless Outdoor Security Camera Rechargeable Battery-Powered. Not the best in the world, but they work. Providing the location is within WiFi range you can put it basically anywhere.

If you've a porch pirate problem you'll want to do something, because they will be back.

Contacted USPS and they confirmed delivery, but couldn't confirm the exact address. They're investigating, but weren't helpful. Contacted the police and they took a report, said it happens often. That's basically it. I'm going to ask around if anyone has seen anything, but it feels pretty hopeless. I'd like to have a video doorbell, but I don't have a doorbell at all. Plus, the way my porch is shaped, they could grab it off the step without actually getting in front of the door. Luckily, it's just a golf club and nothing really important, but it's still a crappy feeling.
That’s brutal. Some people just have zero morals. They probably steal from their own gramma too.

Sounds like you’ve done exactly what I would have already... hope it’s still in limbo and the delivery driver just made a mistake.

I like the home security systems too. We’ve got one and I can get notifications whenever there is movement in certain areas. Lorex makes a good consumer product IMO.

Those don't seem to scare them anymore either. Worst.
They steal from front doors and creep through backyards with a smile on their faces

petty thieves have absolute zero shame because they know if they get picked up they'll be back out the next morning

I have had a USPS package say delivered and then it showed up a few days later. I don't trust USPS one bit. Sucks if it actually got stolen.

I had a period where packages were regularly showing up the following day. I learned that for whatever reason, the driver was scanning undelivered packages, leaving them on the truck, and then finishing their route and delivering them the following day. Some packages go on quite the adventure before arriving at their final destination.

I had a period where packages were regularly showing up the following day. I learned that for whatever reason, the driver was scanning undelivered packages, leaving them on the truck, and then finishing their route and delivering them the following day.
That is precisely what happened to me the one time. I'm guessing USPS is aware of the practice, at some level, because, when I called the local carrier annex, whence our route carriers originate, they were unruffled and suggested the package would show up the next day. It did. Allegedly the carrier annex supervisor would "have a talk" with carriers about the practice.

Sorry to hear about your package. I once had a package marked as “delivered” that showed up later. Hope that’s what happened in this case.

I have a Wyze camera in my front window. It records to a micro SD card so you don’t have to pay any subscription fees. With tax, shipping, and a 32gb card it was less than $40. I have mine set to record 24/7 so I‘m not reliant on the motion sensor. They also make a battery powered outdoor version.

I hope it was a delivery snafu rather than a porch pirate, it sucks to get ripped off. Just the thought of some lowlife scumbag peddling what they ripped off from me so they can get a dime bag of meth makes my blood boil.

Thieves are useless humans. We had one get in our garage once. Called the police, who arrived while the guy was still in the garage.

They ordered him out, which he refused to do. The police sent their police dog in to persuade him to change his mind. It didn't end well for him.

That was happy dog iirc.

We had a package thief caught in my neighborhood.

He was going house to house posing as a roofing contractor solicitor and wearing a phony company picture ID and carrying a clip board.

Luckily, my neighbor 4 houses down from me who was trimming back some bushes on the side of his house observed the guy putting packages in his car and called the cops.

Sorry to hear about your club, hopefully it shows up. I haven’t heard of a problem in our area but being in a rural subdivision, police presence is non existent.

I would like a rechargeable, wireless camera(s) that I could mount at my front door as my office is in the basement and don’t always hear doorbell when they drop something off. I’ll have to do some research or look at Reolink or any other suggestions mentioned.

Back