Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

I am picky about how a PW sets up to my eye. ZX7 PW looks very nice in your picture. :love:
I hit a really nice 3/4 swing PW from 112 yards to 4 feet today. It was seriously impressed with the way it stopped on the hardish greens.

@GoldenBuff I have a couple more but won't upload for me, I will try later. 6 and 8 iron at address.

I hit a really nice 3/4 swing PW from 112 yards to 4 feet today. It was seriously impressed with the way it stopped on the hardish greens.
Pretty chilly 🥶 to be playing. Great to hear this about the ZX7’s. Monday will be a good day when my set arrives!

When are you placing your order???

Haha. If I let my will power go for even one second, probably in about one second. :p It is all I can do to not order a set. I have a CC fitting Feb 3. If I can just get through a couple more weeks, these will be #1 on my list when we talk irons at the fitting.

One thing that stood out for me today was how much easier it is to work the ball with these compared to my Epic Forged. Very different irons and it is expected to be able to do it. Easy to flight the ball when needed.

Try this again
6iron
384D722D-9971-4589-8292-C427F716941C.jpeg
8iron

Pretty chilly 🥶 to be playing. Great to hear this about the ZX7’s. Monday will be a good day when my set arrives!
It was, but they really wanted out of the house, how could I say no. :)
I really think a lot of guys/gals who hit these will really like them and have set.
I let @shanewu hit a 7 iron on a par 3 and he hit a beautiful high draw and said it felt really good.

Much better today and adjusted for the windy conditions much better than yesterday. 11GIR and dispersion was tight today. I had one that went left on me but was just on the fringe and made for an easy up and down par..
The V-sole is so good in the dormant zoysia grass, easily blowing thru it and not getting hung up. I really feel like I can go after the ball a bit more and took some short divots today. I tried to flight the ball down a couple times today and was able to do that without issue.
One thing I noticed today is the feel, shots that are hit center face you just barely feel it, the ball just leaves and goes. Even shots that are off center still feel really good, but you can tell where the miss is.

One thing I noticed today is the feel, shots that are hit center face you just barely feel it, the ball just leaves and goes. Even shots that are off center still feel really good, but you can tell where the miss is.

Agree 100%. Feel is so good. The $ Taper combo is a winnner for me. My ball striking has been so good in the last few rounds, not sure if I've even missed the middle.

My irons were on fire today. Hit every green except for one slight pull on a 190m par 3. If I could putt I would have gone under par today... 5 over with 40 putts including seven three-putts 💩

Agree 100%. Feel is so good. The $ Taper combo is a winnner for me. My ball striking has been so good in the last few rounds, not sure if I've even missed the middle.

My irons were on fire today. Hit every green except for one slight pull on a 190m par 3. If I could putt I would have gone under par today... 5 over with 40 putts including seven three-putts 💩
Time for a new putter too!!!! ;)

The initial impressions from those of you who received your sets are really encouraging. But I noticed that all the sets so far are using the steel shafts. I wonder how these will play with the stock Recoil 95 option?

While I never played the 785's I did hit them and they don't even compare. You will really enjoy the ZX7's
I really don't need to hear this Snickers! You have got me wondering about the possibility of replacing my Z785 4i-6i with these....although I would want them in the Tour105 in x-stiff to match my Z-Forged shafts

I really don't need to hear this Snickers! You have got me wondering about the possibility of replacing my Z785 4i-6i with these....although I would want them in the Tour105 in x-stiff to match my Z-Forged shafts
3 irons would be pretty cheap and that would look really great with the Z-Forged!!!

The initial impressions from those of you who received your sets are really encouraging. But I noticed that all the sets so far are using the steel shafts. I wonder how these will play with the stock Recoil 95 option?

Should be a great setup, my only reason going back to steel was the Modus 120 I tested with was amazing and felt super smooth.
Haven't had any issues so far, I was worried about the left elbow a bit but so far so good.

3 irons would be pretty cheap and that would look really great with the Z-Forged!!!
Just....stop it!

Should be a great setup, my only reason going back to steel was the Modus 120 I tested with was amazing and felt super smooth.
Haven't had any issues so far, I was worried about the left elbow a bit but so far so good.
Were you able to try the 105? Aren't the 105 and 120 supposed to be fairly similar in terms of profile, but the 105 is a bit lighter?

I have Steel Fibers in mine. Stay tuned as well.....

Just....stop it!

Were you able to try the 105? Aren't the 105 and 120 supposed to be fairly similar in terms of profile, but the 105 is a bit lighter?
105 is lighter but also lower launching according to the chart. A bit more launch is better for me but I can still flight a ball down with the 120's.

As to the first part, you need these, they look much better than the previous versions and I thought the 765 was the best looking iron out there.

105 is lighter but also lower launching according to the chart. A bit more launch is better for me but I can still flight a ball down with the 120's.

As to the first part, you need these, they look much better than the previous versions and I thought the 765 was the best looking iron out there.
I have always read that chart as the 120 could be either lower or higher launching than the 105 depending on the individuals swing, but I could be wrong

And I am not going to disagree with your choice considering you are a better player than me :cool:

I skipped the 65 series, as I went straight from the Z545 to my current Z785/Z-Forged set so I can't compare the Z765 with the Z785, but I guess I know what I will be doing at some point once we are allowed to get out again here in the UK.....

1D4DF44C-FCC1-49B6-8C1E-A19F66C50591.jpeg ZX5’s in the bag ready to deploy.

Just took the ZX5’s to the range and they are awesome. Was able to hit them off the grass and I was getting great distance/accuracy from them. These are legit.

Unexpectedly sold my P790s to a friend this afternoon, and a few hours later, I have a combo set ordered. Went with ZX5 (5-6), ZX7 (7-P) with Recoil 95s. Enjoyed my time with the P790 but wanted to go back to a single piece forging for that buttery feel

Back