First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

All 3 are going to be incredible offerings! Fun on Insta tonight!

Those pros are looking better every time I see them. May have to get some creative accounting underway to see if I can’t fit a set into my budget.

Great live vid. Till my phone died haha..

feeling like the pros are an iron I need to look at some more. I am starting feel the need for more tech in my iron game.

Great live vid. Till my phone died haha..

feeling like the pros are an iron I need to look at some more. I am starting feel the need for more tech in my iron game.
I just think back to how easy to hit the long irons in my Mavrik Pros were. The short irons were a little hot. But, getting the control in the short irons from the pros and then progressing to some easy to hit long irons is very appealing. Hell, give me all that tech haha.

Caught the live stream after the fact. Good stuff guys! Dan, you are a machine.

My Pro 19s must have noticed my wandering eye, because they were absolutely on point this weekend. Buuuut I still want some 21s haha.

Unfortunately wasn’t able to catch the Instagram live but just watched it. Great job and really gleamed a lot of information. Thanks @JB and @Canadan for putting on an awesome show and answering all the questions.

@JB I have a question on the Golf Pride Z Grip Soft grips. As regular user of the Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips for their absorption and humid (tackiness) properties, how do they feel in comparison to the Z Grip Soft? Thanks for responding.

Unfortunately wasn’t able to catch the Instagram live but just watched it. Great job and really gleamed a lot of information. Thanks @JB and @Canadan for putting on an awesome show and answering all the questions.

@JB I have a question on the Golf Pride Z Grip Soft grips. As regular user of the Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips for their absorption and humid (tackiness) properties, how do they feel in comparison to the Z Grip Soft? Thanks for responding.

Not quite as soft as CP2, but definitely good with humidity.

Can anyone speak to the differences in the X Forged CB and Apex Pro 21 short irons? Specially 8-PW? Which model has the longer blade length? Which model has the wider sole? Which model has the thicker top line?

I know the "tech" is not in the Apex Pros in the short irons, so I'm wondering if the X Forged CB is more forgiving in the short irons?

Guys.

The Pros.

Guys.

:oops:

Can anyone speak to the differences in the X Forged CB and Apex Pro 21 short irons? Specially 8-PW? Which model has the longer blade length? Which model has the wider sole? Which model has the thicker top line?

I know the "tech" is not in the Apex Pros in the short irons, so I'm wondering if the X Forged CB is more forgiving in the short irons?
I’ll take a closer look at this in the Club Lab this week for you. (y)

Yeah. its got me all twisted up and I haven't even seen them in hand yet. ARGGGH.
I’ll say this, there is nothing visually that I could nitpick even if I wanted to.

Interesting thought here. I wouldn't say there isn't any 'tech' per se in the APex Pro lower irons. It just isn't depending on the tungsten energy core to drive the performance. There is such a thing as the CG being to low. As you get lower in the clubs, launch doesn't need any help because the static loft of the club will take care of it. Moving the CG up then will help on spin and distance consistency which is what you want with the scoring clubs. So I get what you are looking for, but lack of tungsten isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'm confused. Why would someone choose the X-forged over the Apex pros? Or vice-versa

These 2 seems to be the same category of club or maybe a half step, at most, different.

I’ll take a closer look at this in the Club Lab this week for you. (y)

THANK YOU, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Interesting thought here. I wouldn't say there isn't any 'tech' per se in the APex Pro lower irons. It just isn't depending on the tungsten energy core to drive the performance. There is such a thing as the CG being to low. As you get lower in the clubs, launch doesn't need any help because the static loft of the club will take care of it. Moving the CG up then will help on spin and distance consistency which is what you want with the scoring clubs. So I get what you are looking for, but lack of tungsten isn't necessarily a bad thing.

From the "tech" standpoint in the Pro's regarding the short irons what I mean is there is no cup face and no tungsten...which means there are only the microspheres in there. That pretty much means all the hyped "tech" of the Pros is non existent in the short irons...hence my question. Since the X Forged CB's DO have at least tungsten in the short irons then I'm thinking they might actually be more forgiving in the short irons. I understand that loft does most of the work in the short irons but there are still benefits to forgiveness and ease of launch with tech like tungsten in there.

Really what I'm looking for is this...I want to know which set of short irons between the CB's and the Pro's have the thicker soles, longer blade lengths, and potentially the most forgiving (relatively speaking for irons in this profile). I'm going to get one or the other in both 8 and 9 irons but I will also be bending them 2 degrees strong. So knowing which has the wider sole and potentially more bounce may be a deciding factor since I'm going to be bending some of that out.

Guys.

The Pros.

Guys.

Makes me want to fast forward life to PAR date but I’ve learned better from Adam Sandler.

Makes me want to fast forward life to PAR date but I’ve learned better from Adam Sandler.
lol.gif

I still remember my mother cautioning us, as children, "Don't wish your life away. Tomorrow will be here soon enough."

I'm reading about these new irons from various mfgrs and thinking "Boy, I can't wait to see what these might do for me." I have to keep reminding myself my game ain't all that good, I'm hitting the irons I have well enough for my current abilities, I'm doing off-season work to improve my swing, and of my mother's words :)

So, while all this is exciting and all: I won't be ready to even consider making a move for at least another four months--and probably more like six or seven.

Guys.

The Pros.

Guys.

How do they stack up next to the Cobra King MiMs and the Mizuno's this year. Lots to ponder... The pros look sharp, not sure I have the game to game them, but getting them in the 9i/wedges makes sense to me (I'm looking at you Triple combo)

lol.gif

I still remember my mother cautioning us, as children, "Don't wish your life away. Tomorrow will be here soon enough."

I'm reading about these new irons from various mfgrs and thinking "Boy, I can't wait to see what these might do for me." I have to keep reminding myself my game ain't all that good, I'm hitting the irons I have well enough for my current abilities, I'm doing off-season work to improve my swing, and of my mother's words :)

So, while all this is exciting and all: I won't be ready to even consider making a move for at least another four months--and probably more like six or seven.
Seven months?! By then they will be "old tech". Hehe👽

Yeah, I know :) That's ok. I'm good with "old tech," as long as it works for me :)
Smart man. Honestly, all of the newer equipment is so good, we're talking margins here.

Back