Cobra KING Supersport 35 Putter

Interesting to hear about the sik and then this putter. Hmm does someone have this in hand in the bag?
It’s been cemented in my bag, absolutely. Putting well over the last month with it.

It’s been cemented in my bag, absolutely. Putting well over the last month with it.
It’s the most safe club in my bag right now and although my history says that means very little (😂), I am not planning on changing much this year.

Was this a secret 14th club given to mc2020?

It’s the most safe club in my bag right now and although my history says that means very little (😂), I am not planning on changing much this year.
It’s earning its keep if it keeps gaining strokes.

Interesting to hear about the sik and then this putter. Hmm does someone have this in hand in the bag?
Yessir, so far I like it quite a bit, though I only had it on the course once before winter had other plans.

how is lag putting?
Honestly this is what surprised me the most. Coming from a Strokelab 10S I thought I would struggle, and I did the first say four holes. After that it seemed like I got a bit more feel for it and either made or left some longer putts close on good putts. There is definitely something to that face, as others mentioned the ball seems to come off rolling better and that seemed to make a difference for me in a good way. The 10S has been great for me, but this seems like it could be better. I need more rounds with it to figure it out for sure but so far the results have impressed.

Honestly this is what surprised me the most. Coming from a Strokelab 10S I thought I would struggle, and I did the first say four holes. After that it seemed like I got a bit more feel for it and either made or left some longer putts close on good putts. There is definitely something to that face, as others mentioned the ball seems to come off rolling better and that seemed to make a difference for me in a good way. The 10S has been great for me, but this seems like it could be better. I need more rounds with it to figure it out for sure but so far the results have impressed.

That’s awesome! Looking forward to more on course feedback

You adjust the grip?
Hahaha not yet. I was been putting so well and then I was out of commission for a bit, so it hasn’t been a priority. But I bought the replacement.

Gary and @Tenputt “The Race to Scratch” #PuttersGonnaPutt
I’m losing that battle. I’ve gone up one full stroke but it isn’t the putter that’s failing me.

Sweet

I got a new practice putting green for the winter and have been rolling this Cobra against some other large blade-like putters, including a Toulon Chicago. There is no question in my mind that ball comes off the Cobra face a bit faster than many other putters. This is neither good nor bad, but it is distinct and probably player specific in terms of preference. It is very obvious to me that it gets the ball rolling very quickly as well.

It is a great putter and I can’t wait to see what Cobra does next with putters.

I got a new practice putting green for the winter and have been rolling this Cobra against some other large blade-like putters, including a Toulon Chicago. There is no question in my mind that ball comes off the Cobra face a bit faster than many other putters. This is neither good nor bad, but it is distinct and probably player specific in terms of preference. It is very obvious to me that it gets the ball rolling very quickly as well.

It is a great putter and I can’t wait to see what Cobra does next with putters.
I'm looking forward to seeing what is next too. I'd love to see something center shafted that I can get for face on with a 79.5 lie angle. To have that with the SIK face would be perfection.

This putter....

I’ve had a lot of success with two other putters.

But I’m willing to say with just 4 rounds and a **** ton of carpet putting:

Best putter ever - Sik Face is Sick, gets it rolling true and has done so consistently

and the tech story is just a great convo - enjoyed talking about it with the guys 3D printing c’mon

This putter....

Best putter ever - Sik Face is Sick, gets it rolling true and has done so consistently

and the tech story is just a great convo - enjoyed talking about it with the guys 3D printing c’mon
”Sik face is sick.” That’s great!

This putter....

Good stuff. I need to find some time to lengthen. Haven't decided to try and reuse the same grip, hopefully straight this time, or jump to something else.

Good stuff. I need to find some time to lengthen. Haven't decided to try and reuse the same grip, hopefully straight this time, or jump to something else.

I’m pretty comfortable at the 34” (I’m shorter than you lol) on some bad strokes the miss is a left tug vs usually push with longer putters.

Drained a 40’ from the fringe for 🐦 yesterday

lags better/equal to qb9 but converts more in the mid to short range than the qb9

Just now reading this, but better late than never. Great write up @Jman and thanks for the sound test @JB.

There are so many different things packed into this putter it is pretty impressive. I really enjoyed the way Bryson broke it down and explained what he likes about the putter. The Sik descending loft concept really intrigues me and is something I believe in and definitely would try. The 3D printing by HP is wild and really neat how they can bring the CG where they want it as well.

I am not a huge fan of the look, besides maybe the face. It almost seems as if it is incomplete. Also, it sounded kinda clunky off the face, but that might just be me.

This would be one I would have to get in hand and roll to see if I would ever consider it in the bag. I will say, Cobra is continuing to disrupt and it is fun to watch.

Wonder if Cobra would ever do another run of these given the quick sellout.

Back