TaylorMade SIM2 Max and SIM2 Max OS Irons

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
By now, you have probably heard about the new SIM2 and SIM2 Max line of drivers, fairways, and hybrids. But as one might guess, the lineup doesn’t stop there. Today, TaylorMade also debuts the newest irons to their arsenal, the SIM2 Max and Max OS irons

TaylorMade-SIM2-Max-Irons-1.jpg

Most golf fans hear TaylorMade and instantly associate the name with drivers and metal woods. However, for those who haven’t taken a close look, TaylorMade has a rather deep set of options when it comes to their iron offerings. Peruse the P series alone, and you’ll see the p790, p770, p7MC, p7MB, and of course the p7TW, named after you know who (hint he has won 15...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great review @ddec kind of disappointed they didn’t drop a new name with these. Just something about TaylorMade irons that I don’t find all that attractive. Maybe it is the Cap Back design that make these look so beefy.

• Staff
Great review @ddec kind of disappointed they didn’t drop a new name with these. Just something about TaylorMade irons that I don’t find all that attractive. Maybe it is the Cap Back design that make these look so beefy.

I would expect these to be a bit too much junk in the trunk for you. I haven't dabbled with a TM iron of this style since M4. But every time Ive been in an iron of this flavor I ask why Im not playing them more often. Whether that would happen here or not, I don't know. Similar to the driver, I want to hear these.

Good looking irons!

I would expect these to be a bit too much junk in the trunk for you. I haven't dabbled with a TM iron of this style since M4. But every time Ive been in an iron of this flavor I ask why Im not playing them more often. Whether that would happen here or not, I don't know. Similar to the driver, I want to hear these.
Yeah sound would be very important. I love the TaylorMade drivers for sure. The last TaylorMade Iron I've put into play were the RBZ's. Did I just show my age???

Whenever I read a TM press release or review, I start to wonder if there are typos when you see things like HYBRAR.

I hit the previous Sim in my fitting and they worked really well for me. Like @ddec, I'm always torn on "why am I not playing this style of iron". I thought they were a good compromise in terms of look and forgiveness, but definitely a GI iron. I think whatever they're doing for sound dampening works as well. Of the two sets, I think I'd still favor the P790, but when you're talking $600 difference, these start to get more attractive.

Yeah sound would be very important. I love the TaylorMade drivers for sure. The last TaylorMade Iron I've put into play were the RBZ's. Did I just show my age???
No, you're not old... I'm gaming Burner 2.0's myself... with an RBZ driver.:ROFLMAO: But! The irons are being replaced with newer clubs.

Nice article, @ddec . I like your writing style - clean, crisp and concise. It makes it easy to read and consume the information you are sharing. Well done.

Last edited:
Thanks @ddec, these look like some more solid options.

No, you're not old... I'm gaming Burner 2.0's myself... with an RBZ driver.:ROFLMAO: But! The irons are being replaced with newer clubs.
Whew makes me feel better. ;)

Thank you for the write up.
I think they are an improvement from the SIM.
And yes that name, come on guys...

the guy said to me, "these irons are exactly the same as last year's model"

I wish TM made a forged iron that was GI. I like the look of the SIM2 irons but wish they where forged. I got spoiled with the Bridgestone J40's being forged. I know in the grand scheme of things it's not that different. I just like forged. And that is OK.

Back