Which was your favourite TaylorMade driver?

camden_kid

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding a TaylorMade driver to my bag of TM clubs eventually (it's not needed at the moment) and I've been looking at items on eBay and reading reviews but I would appreciate feedback from THPers on the one TaylorMade driver that for them stood out amongst the rest. It doesn't have to be the current driver, just the most memorable.

2017 M1 or 2016 M2 if on a budget.
Sim Max otherwise.

Well I've only owned one and that is the SIM. It stood out to me because with it, this season was the first season in awhile that I felt confident with driver in hand. That confidence wained a little at the end of the season but I'm chalking that up to my swing change since I was still getting used to it.

It's not everyone's favorited but I loved the sound and feel of it as well.

The only one I've hit is my RBZ. It's not bad but I know there are much better options out there

The only one I've hit is my RBZ. It's not bad but I know there are much better options out there

Funnily enough it was seeing the RBZ in your signature in another thread a few minutes ago that prompted this one.

Mine is the M3. Although to be fair, I haven't had a chance to try the SIM yet.

I'm still playing my 2016 M2 and it's working well for me!

I played the 2017 M1 for a while and it was a bomber when hit in the middle. The newer drivers from most manufacturers are just as long in the middle of the face but offer better performance away from center. That was the last TM club I played but I am guessing the same holds true with them.

What do you like about it?

If feels solid every time I hit it, never feels like a miss hit! The sound is good and I get good distance. My last drive in November was 270 yards, which is very long for me! That showed me I can't hit a new driver $400-$500 better, so I'll use it until it breaks

The 2017 M1 was very good for me.

I liked the R7 CGB Max, the 580XD, and the 2007 Burner in HT loft. The M4 that I currently use is OK, and I still go back and use the 2007 Burner once in a while..

I loved the look and performance of the R1 Black (the multi-color is much more subtle in real life than this photo)

1611170152621.png

My favorite is probably mainly due to a nostalgic feeling, but the Taylormade Burner Bubble. If you don't remember, think back to the copper gold head and bubble shaft. Never played it but got a knock off club from Sam's Club that has it's version of a bubble shaft. Just brings back good childhood memories.

Funnily enough it was seeing the RBZ in your signature in another thread a few minutes ago that prompted this one.
Man that's cool. I don't know that I've caused a thread to be started. I do figure I've probably caused people's blood pressure to rise at times...:ROFLMAO: I always thought the name RocketBallz was cool in a weird way but also stupid as well... it's ridiculed here at times, made fun of, respected by others... it's a gamut of reactions.

I'd recommend something newer than RBZ though. It's not unforgiving on mishits but there is so much tech in clubs that are newer that it makes no sense to game an RBZ at all.

And... now I've gone and talked myself out of my driver.:ROFLMAO:

M6 for forgiveness, SIM for distance/lower spin; I haven't touched SIM 2 but I got the barely used SIM with a Smoke Green shaft for $280 so I couldn't pass it up.

2016 M2. Wish I would’ve kept the head a few years ago. Just loved the white and black contrast and the feel was always really good.

If I didn’t love my Mav SZ so much, I’d consider picking one up

I played the TM 320 way back for several years and it was a great club for me. More recently I played the TM M1 and liked it a lot. I switched to a 440 cc M3 for a bit and didn't have the love and went back to the M1. I played an M6 for a bit but it got supplanted by the Mavrik. I do like the look of the Sim and have a Sim Max 5w that I love. I also have an M6 3w which has been very good.

For me it was the original M1. I hit the poop out of that thing.

Going back....R7 Superquad TP..... straights as an arrow, easy to shape and was looooooooong!

R11 was my favourite, but at nearly 10 years old, I don’t think I’d recommend you add one to the bag.

RBZ was the best driver from them

R1 black was the only TM driver I bagged for any extended period of time. For whatever reason, TM drivers and I just don't historically get along.

To this date I’ve not gotten on with any TM releases..I have no rationale explanations.....

Back