Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents are on deck for it tomorrow if my memory is correct. They're both in their late 60's/mid 70's so more power to em. Let them have a bit more peace of mind.

I'm finally getting my taste and smell back. Had no fever or aches, but had congestion and loss of taste and smell, and no one around me got it. If that was Covid, unreal how it effects people differently. It felt more like a sinus infection. :confused:

A friend of mine had it, found out after a day or two of golf & drinking, & said if he hadn't have gotten tested he would've thought he just has a slight hangover.

A friend of mine had it, found out after a day or two of golf & drinking, & said if he hadn't have gotten tested he would've thought he just has a slight hangover.

Yep that sounds about right. Thought I just had the sniffles after a day of golf in the cold. At this point either it was the dumbest sinus infection ever to knock out taste and smell, or I’ll look into an antibody testing and just kinda laugh it off if it’s positive.

I am in GA and qualify for the first round in GA 3 ways (age, diabetic, essential job). I applied 3 weeks + ago, and am still awaiting the call. I am on go when that call ever comes.

My wife had her first shot a couple of weeks ago and is scheduled for her 2nd next week. No real issues with the first shot. I will get mine whenever I become eligible

I have several coworkers that have caught the virus. Their reactions have ranged from still doing a daily 5 mile run to the latest CT scan showing both lower lobes of their lungs looking like broken glass. Our daughter was the attending at the Covid wing of the hospital. She said that the randomness of the disease is scary. Older patients with underlying medical conditions might need ventilation for a couple of days. Young, healthy patients were on heart/lung machines.

With that said, I'm still on the fence about getting the vaccine due to potential long term effects. You're bombarded by ads touting the latest cure for every known medical issue plus a few that are probably made up. All of these treatments went through a long testing process prior to approval for use, with some having been used for years. Next thing you know there's an ad for the lawsuit due to the injury or death from using those treatments.

I fully understand the need to streamline the process due to the pandemic. However, that also doesn't give me a warm fuzzy either.

Good luck! Most of my staff that got it experienced very mild issues, one had some blood pressure issue but managed after a few days

I'm keeping an eye on some of the others coming out especially the one yiu will only need one dose of

I was just trying to get my parents on the list since they qualify for 1a here in our county and the commissioners just told me that they are receiving 5000 doses a week for our county and we have 835,000 people. She said currently they don't expect to finish the 1a group for over a year at the present rate. :oops:

We still have groups 1b, 1c, and my group of 2. Something tells me I will not see the vaccine for a very long time.

When made available, I am going to bathe in that stuff. There is nothing in the vaccine that has me worried about long term effects at all.

This coming from Captain Caution?

I’d advise a little more caution, but FNA. If you wanna bathe in it be my guest. It’s a marvel of modern science....

So long as it’s a marvel of modern science. Just be advised that it may or may not turn out to be.

As of last night I was in possession of 2400 doses. Not a one of them are going in my body until I see some results.

I’ve apoke with a lot of experts and the fact that this is the first ever RNA vaccine is cause for some concern. Irregardless of what you may hear about it anything RNA has a chance to change our DNA.

So as someone with basically unchecked access to the vaccine, I will NOT be taking it. Plus I’m not scared of the virus despite 50% lung capacity and just getting over 20 months on Nuclear Medicine. I’ll take my damn chances being reasonably safe versus taking a vaccine that can at minimum make me feel like crap. At maximum it can make us less than human. Yes I realize that the fact sheet they put out says this won’t happen. But RNA attaches to DNA and can invade in the wrong circumstances. We’re a year into this BS. Do we still know a damn thing about it? Nope.

But a damn good way to control everyone would be to change their DNA. Rant off, but I’d strongly urge anyone to look into RNA and what it CAN do before getting it. If you still want it, go for it. I will put nothing in my body that has any possibilities of changing my DNA.

I was born a human, I will die a human.

If I wanna feel like crap I’ll just catch the real ‘rona and have basically the same antibodies.

So I’ll wait for the non-RNA version that doesn’t make you sick (possibly) before I entertain the thought further. I’ve discussed at length via PM with a few folks. This is all I’ll say in the public domain here about it. As always I invite further discussion on it via PM if you disagree with me. And it’s just that, discussion. Be reasonable and I’ll consider your points before I ultimately tell you you’re wrong, 😂.

I doubt anyone that’s PM’d me ever to discuss something has walked away from that hating me. I’m not as dumb as I look. I’d call @Hamfist to back that up but he’d probably disagree.

I got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Sore arm and feel a little run down, like I have with every flu shot I've ever gotten. Not for me to tell anyone what to do, but I think getting vaccinated against COVID 19 is an absolute no brainer. My health system has given over 10,000 vaccinations to staff so far with no serious reactions. As far as DNA-alterations? Maybe my hair will start growing again. Or zombie apocalypse time. Big Walking Dead fan.

I'm in the school of not gonna happen. I'll take it only if I have to. With 2 weeks set up for Scotland in August, I can see the requirement to fly and enter being a vaccine...We'll see.

Just to have this stated.

RNA won't change your DNA.

There are other legit arguments against vaccination, and I don't blame people for being cautious.

Last edited:
I am excited to see the results for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, being that it is single dose and uses a modified adenovirus instead of messenger RNA.

Regardless, I will get the vaccine when I can. Not because I want it, but because I am tired of all of this and if it gets us closer to normal so be it.

I was just trying to get my parents on the list since they qualify for 1a here in our county and the commissioners just told me that they are receiving 5000 doses a week for our county and we have 835,000 people. She said currently they don't expect to finish the 1a group for over a year at the present rate. :oops:

We still have groups 1b, 1c, and my group of 2. Something tells me I will not see the vaccine for a very long time.

You’ll see it a lot sooner than you think. How long do you think it takes our largest drug manufacturers to ramp up a billion doses of this?

I’ll let you know, they’ve already been produced. Getting them out and distributed is the problem. I have enough doses in my possession currently to administer 2 doses to 5% of my work county, first doses to 10%. If you aren’t able to get it before 03/01 it’s a massive mismanagement of the distribution system and the administration of it.

There’s legislation (pretty sure it’s passed but my head is buried so far I don’t really know) that’ll allow my RX Techs to administer the vaccine under the direction of a pharmacist (whom are doing so under the direction of an MD). Once that happens we’ll go from 40 doses given a day (about what we can handle) to 400 doses a day (line up and get stuck, wait 15 minutes to make sure we don’t need to zap you with an epipen, then on to the next batch.

I don’t want to be ordering dry ice so we need the Techs to be able to administer this if we’re going to inoculate our county.

My company has 75 of the 200 pharmacies in my state that are able to give this. There are three locations in the county, we’re the only drug store, where you can get it.

The day this was announced and ever since it’s almost impossible to access our website and/or phones. They’re tied together with Internet so it all crashes at once.

We’re one of 3 places in my work county to get it, thanks to our flu shot efforts my company has been selected as we inoculate as a company over 60k people every flu season. Almost 1k per location.

Now the physics of it. We have to give 2400 vaccines in the next 10 days. Until we get a tech certified to give them (or three) were basically limited to 50 a day. I’m fighting like hell for this to happpen, I speak to our VP of Operations (my direct boss) tomorrow morning. My job is to convince him to pony up the $400-$500 per tech to get a couple certified to give them per store. So we’re talking 50-75k for the company, but honestly it doesn’t take a lot of pharmacists OT hours to justify this.

Right now the ONLY way is to put another pharmacist in the store. Helluva a way to give a free vaccine. Make nothing off of it but part of medicine is doing what is best for your community. Regardless of how I personally feel, my job is stabbing arms and taking names.

Just to have this stated.

RNA won't change your DNA.

There are other legit arguments against vaccination, and I don't blame people for being cautious.

Just to be clearer, RNA can 100% change your DNA. I’m not saying that this vaccine can or will, but RNA 100% CAN and WILL change your DNA.

I’m not stating that this will, but RNA attaches to DNA and can invade under the right conditions.

I was born human, I’ll die human. I will not take something that has the capability of altering that.

That said my job is making sure the most people that want this get it. I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but you do not have an understanding of how RNA works if you think that RNA can’t change your DNA.

I love ya man, but I can’t agree with that statement.

I may eventually agree that this vaccine won’t do it, but RNA can 100% change DNA.

Just to be clearer, RNA can 100% change your DNA. I’m not saying that this vaccine can or will, but RNA 100% CAN and WILL change your DNA.

I may eventually agree that this vaccine won’t do it, but RNA can 100% change DNA.

Can you provide some links to peer reviewed studies that study an explain this? I don't trusts those hacks at Harvard who unequivocally state the opposite with regards to the two vaccines approved.

I am in GA and qualify for the first round in GA 3 ways (age, diabetic, essential job). I applied 3 weeks + ago, and am still awaiting the call. I am on go when that call ever comes.

Come on up to Ohio. I’ll personally jab one in your arm, lol.

Can you provide some links to peer reviewed studies that study an explain this? I don't trusts those hacks at Harvard who unequivocally state the opposite with regards to the two vaccines approved.

I don’t need to. Anyone with any sense medically knows that RNA is capable of invading DNA. I’m not saying that this one does, just stating that it 100% could.

Hard pass. I’ll jab you with it though as soon you’re eligible though if that’s your wish.

@wubears71 -is the one you’re working on RNA based?

I'm ready, I want my family to get it, mother in law is in the Uber high risk category but Florida let's anyone over 65 get it if you can get in line.
Want my homeland (New Zealand) to roll out the vaccine but I've heard they can't get rolling till March.
Need the globe to work with the travel industry to figure out a solid travel plan so we can get back to exploring this wonderful world of ours.

Signed up today at work to get it. But thanks to California’s piss poor vaccine roll out, even though I’m in group 1B (currently 1A is the group being jabbed) may not get the shot until the end of March. At this rate, it’ll be years before everyone in the state that wants it, gets it.

California seems pretty behind the curve on getting the vaccine out. As an essential worker, I’ve been told I’m in the second group to get it, but no idea when that will actually be. As soon as I get the chance, I’m there! Get it in me!
Yeah, ranked 47-49th out of 50 states in injections given vs. doses provided. So they aren't doing a good job of getting people vaccinated. Hopefully, things improve.

Good luck to you, likely to be 7-8 months before I'm even close to being in the queue. Long process here....

Had my first jab a couple weeks ago as I have been assisting medical staff delivering clinics in residential homes

Only effects were a slightly sore arm for about 36 hours where I was jabbed, but nothing worse than any other injection

Good luck! Most of my staff that got it experienced very mild issues, one had some blood pressure issue but managed after a few days

I'm keeping an eye on some of the others coming out especially the one yiu will only need one dose of
The Johnson and Johnson is not MRNA either it's a more traditional vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back