Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today James Miles, Staff Writer from The Hackers Paradise joins the show to talk about the THP Showcase and a whole lot more.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but we talk a bit about what is going on with the THP Showcase, a deep look into the new equipment releases and golf shafts. This show has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as James Miles Goes Off Course.

Untitled-9-1024x692.jpg

Episode 40 is here and Dan and his guest James Miles discuss the following topics.

New Equipment TestingDan Choosing New

[url=https://www.thehackersparadise.com/off-course-episode-40/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show guys.

Dan - question for you. During your tech studio demo, it was confirmed the CB IO combo was with the 6.5 flex. During the show you mention going 6.0 HS. Seemed like you couldn’t miss with the 6.5, so curious why you would go that route?
Also, correct me if I’m wrong but HS means your pw, 9 and 8 will have the same shafts and your 7 iron is where things are impacted by the HS. I’m curious why you wouldn’t perhaps soft step the 6.5?
Lastly, hard or soft stepping "individually optimized" shafts seems like it could have more negative impact then doing so with any other shaft type/profile, no?

Last edited:
This will be a good listen today or tomorrow. May tee it up during my ten mile run.

Good show - I think @Canadan should keep the ZX7s in the mix. Looking forward to some more mental angst for him today when he stripes them on the showcase.

This will be fun!

Good listen.. Little bummed @Jman has moved on from the one length idea as I was interested to see what happens. But, in the end having fun and being happy with your gear is most important. I am wondering now what the driver is that you couldnt talk about..

So much has happened since you went into a "bedroom" :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Great show guys.

Dan - question for you. During your tech studio demo, it was confirmed the CB IO combo was with the 6.5 flex. During the show you mention going 6.0 HS. Seemed like you couldn’t miss with the 6.5, so curious why you would go that route?
Also, correct me if I’m wrong but HS means your pw, 9 and 8 will have the same shafts and your 7 iron is where things are impacted by the HS. I’m curious why you wouldn’t perhaps soft step the 6.5?
Lastly, hard or soft stepping "individually optimized" shafts seems like it could have more negative impact then doing so with any other shaft type/profile, no?
Not Dan, clearly, but the hard vs soft step thing is a weight aspect. The hard step saves 5g, and puts things into a comfortable spot for a seasons worth of play.

Good listen.. Little bummed @Jman has moved on from the one length idea as I was interested to see what happens. But, in the end having fun and being happy with your gear is most important. I am wondering now what the driver is that you couldnt talk about..

So much has happened since you went into a "bedroom" :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Appreciate you listening dude! Was a fun one, and there’s so much awesome on the way.

That driver? Beast.

Great show guys.

IO 6.0 is 110 which is my favorite weight for iron shafts. That’s why I’d ponder it.

Good show - I think @Canadan should keep the ZX7s in the mix. Looking forward to some more mental angst for him today when he stripes them on the showcase.
Those irons are sweet as well. I’ve definitely not forgotten about them.

IO 6.0 is 110 which is my favorite weight for iron shafts. That’s why I’d ponder it.

Maybe 6.0s hard stepped.. They weight stays the same but you get a bit more stiffness for control. If you wanted..

Maybe 6.0s hard stepped.. They weight stays the same but you get a bit more stiffness for control. If you wanted..
That’s the thought. Might even chip away a bit at my peak height which would be great.

Great show guys, its fun that both of you could be in the tech studio for this one this week, sounds like you've had a lot of fun there!

Great listen @Canadan and @Jman ! I appreciate you putting this together during what I'm sure has been a hectic week.

With that said, why, why more talk about the incredible irons you hit and highlighted all week?!?! Seriously, I have numerous sets running through my head. Callaway, Mizuno, Srixon, oh my!! Numerous offerings from each of these brands that I would be giddy to get my hands on! Listening to your excitement around these keeps peaking my interest.

I'm so pumped for Apex and Apex DCB. Plus the new Epic Speed drivers! Never played Callaway, but those Aoex make it hard for that to continue much longer.

The Forged and HMP pro from Mizuno, plus there's a soon to be released driver I wish @Vosh68 could have shown off! Wow, great clubs that would be a blast to give a test run!

Plus the ZX5 lineup, driver and irons, from Srixon:oops:. So, so good! And give me the Cleveland CBX2 wedges for good messure.

Seriously, so much equipment that is 🔥🔥🔥. Thanks guys for making me pondering so much over this week. But I'm pondering because of all the great reviews and the tech talk during the Showcase! Much appreciated!

Great listen @Canadan and @Jman ! I appreciate you putting this together during what I'm sure has been a hectic week.

With that said, why, why more talk about the incredible irons you hit and highlighted all week?!?! Seriously, I have numerous sets running through my head. Callaway, Mizuno, Srixon, oh my!! Numerous offerings from each of these brands that I would be giddy to get my hands on! Listening to your excitement around these keeps peaking my interest.

I'm so pumped for Apex and Apex DCB. Plus the new Epic Speed drivers! Never played Callaway, but those Aoex make it hard for that to continue much longer.

The Forged and HMP pro from Mizuno, plus there's a soon to be released driver I wish @Vosh68 could have shown off! Wow, great clubs that would be a blast to give a test run!

Plus the ZX5 lineup, driver and irons, from Srixon:oops:. So, so good! And give me the Cleveland CBX2 wedges for good messure.

Seriously, so much equipment that is 🔥🔥🔥. Thanks guys for making me pondering so much over this week. But I'm pondering because of all the great reviews and the tech talk during the Showcase! Much appreciated!
Thank you for listening my man!

This year truly is the most top to bottom complete release year I’ve been a part of. The amount of awesome gear is massive.

Great show guys, its fun that both of you could be in the tech studio for this one this week, sounds like you've had a lot of fun there!
Thank you TCB!

Also, a massive thank you to my brother @Canadan for letting me come back on his show, what you’re doing is very special my friend, and the sky is truly the limit!

This year truly is the most top to bottom complete release year I’ve been a part of. The amount of awesome gear is massive.
I get the feeling from a lot of the companies that this was not a "covid delay", but the time that a lot of new products came to fruition. Its really neat to see how they all tackle the same problems from such different angles.

The equipment has been amazing. Each day of the Showcase there was at least one product that should have gotten each person watching interested, and at least one set that you could pick out and comfortably game. Then add in the guys behind the design, R&D, marketing, etc., and you have some great content!

Had we not gotten flagged by @GolferGal for letting our BBQ get a bit cold (only five yard penalty, no big deal hahaha), I probably could have gone on for another 45 minutes about just how special some of the products are this year. I need to sneak into the threads to share some more feedback.

Also, a massive thank you to my brother @Canadan for letting me come back on his show, what you’re doing is very special my friend, and the sky is truly the limit!
You mentioned it a couple times this week (which is really weird for me to hear because you don't normally do that to me haha), but it means an awful lot. Every positive comment I get about Off Course is a thrill, and I am so happy people enjoy it.

Back