Bridgestone e12 Contact Golf Balls

Will grab a dozen and give them a try. Have been following the blind test thread.

Nice write up! I had a chance to try them in the short game this past weekend, hopefully, the weather will cooperate and I can get them out on the course this weekend for a few holes. The write up certainly intrigues me. The price seems quite good.

These definitely go straight as an arrow. My only problem with them is that they are considerably shorter than my gamer ... by a full club. It also goes very high for my swing/contact ... great peak height. This ball will definitely work for a lot of golfers.

Good review and interesting concept. It's too early on a Monday for me to think about the mechanics here, but my initial reaction is that with more contact area on the ball surface, something has to change. Maybe the diameter of the ball contact area is smaller, or the contact time or amount of compression changes, or the compressibility of the ball formulation. Because 38% is a big number, I expect something has to change in a way the average golfer woud notice.

Interesting concept. Really cheap, too. Haven't hit my pack yet, but at that price feel can play more of a role for some then even performance. Curious to hit them.

Great write up @Jman. This ball is certainly one that I will give a try when they are released. (y)

Good write up on this ball @Jman , looking forward to spring so I can give these a go against my QSTs.

Neat looking concept and definitely has me interested in checking out this year. I could use something that doesn't go left and right as much, but some of that is a lot of "user error" too :D

Isn't this the "blank" ball that MGS sent out for testing and nobody (or hardly anybody) picked it as better than others near the same price point? More buzz words and hyperbole that really amounts to a big nothing bag.

Isn't this the "blank" ball that MGS sent out for testing and nobody (or hardly anybody) picked it as better than others near the same price point? More buzz words and hyperbole that really amounts to a big nothing bag.
No idea what another site does, you should probably ask them.
But THP sent it out to FIFTY THPers and their feedback is in the forum.

Definitely interesting tech here and worth trying - the price though seems too low for something supposedly so good.

Nice write-up @Jman, I'll definitely be giving them a try at that price point. The Bridgestone e6 was my ball for several years and I've still yet to hit any other ball that was as straight. I didn't like the newer iterations of it, nor the previous e12 versions, but this one looks like it could be worth a shot. Any idea what the compression is?

Nice write-up @Jman, I'll definitely be giving them a try at that price point. The Bridgestone e6 was my ball for several years and I've still yet to hit any other ball that was as straight. I didn't like the newer iterations of it, nor the previous e12 versions, but this one looks like it could be worth a shot. Any idea what the compression is?

It's not just me then! My experiences exactly!

Nice @Jman!

As one of the testers for these balls, I was 99.9% sure they were Bridgestone but I avoided finding out until I had completed testing (who’s not in the box??? Hmmm?)

It stacks up pretty well for someone in the market for that type of ball. It was mid spin (out of the group) which is low spin. I thought the dimples in the hexes were an aerodynamic thing, but increasing contact time and percentage should make them more forgivable.

I didn’t even realize that category existed in a ball until now. But it makes sense and I did have a couple head scratchers during testing where I hit and thought “that’s so bad” and it ended up a good bit better than it should have.

It is abundantly clear that Bridgestone Golf has rounded back into form and are hitting a groove of bringing revolutionary golf ball technology to golfers. The TOUR B release with its REACTIV cover has been a game changer across its four different golf ball designs, but even still, Bridgestone believes there is more to do in order to create a complete assortment of offerings across the spectrum.

So, with that in mind, it is time to look at the eSeries with the release of the 2021 Bridgestone e12 CONTACT golf ball.

Continue reading...
Thats certainly some interesting technology. I may have to give them a go.

My biggest takeaway from testing these and reading all of the reviews on the Bridgestone e12 Contact testing thread was how different golf balls will perform for each golfer. Be it your swing speed, angle of attack, weather you play, clubs you use to test, and even your personal preferences will affect how a golf ball performs for you.

I used to be one of those players that simply felt that my swing speed meant everything for a golf ball. That with my swing speed and all balls built for that speed performed the same. It was last year seeing and reading about how important a ball fitting truly is to finding that particular ball that will best work and help each of our own games. Jason Finley when asked about fittings said that the first and most important is playing the correct ball. Getting fit there before you even move to the club side. He is exactly correct in that the golf ball is the only thing a golfer will use on every single shot.

The Bridgestone e12 Contact is going to fit a great deal of golfers, but the best way to know is to truly test them out.

Sounds like some very good reviews from the forum and color options are always good.

3 piece and surlyn, like a Gamer Soft? Does it look like DSG's-Top Flight dimple in dimple design?

Some good technology to the ball and you can't beat the price point. For a certain segment of the market should be a good ball.

3 piece and surlyn, like a Gamer Soft? Does it look like DSG's-Top Flight dimple in dimple design?
Check @Jman's article linked in the first post, there are close-up photos of the ball. ;)

Wow $30 for a ball that sounds fantastic on all levels. I'll be sure to check this one out. Some other balls around this price with urethane covers, I wonder how this will compare.

Going to be hitting these tonight on a Trackman & will get some numbers.

Back