2021 XXIO Prime Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The 2021 XXIO Prime driver is a light weight piece of equipment designed for moderate swing speed players. XXIO, and specifically their Prime lineup is a light weight premium product that combines performance and status with technology to create a package that spares no expense.

XXIO-Prime-Woods-Irons_1-1024x683.jpg

“It’s safe to say that the new XXIO Prime Woods and Irons are the most advanced set of clubs ever developed for moderate-to-slow swing-speed players,” said Jeff Brunski, Vice President of Research and Development. “From the exotic materials and construction to the ultra-lightweight shafts featuring our Weight Plus counter- weighting technology, every detail in the new XXIO Prime has been...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good review and good video. Is that driver a couple inches short of standard? It looked tiny in the video.

• Admin
Good review and good video. Is that driver a couple inches short of standard? It looked tiny in the video.

We were playing it right at 45" and their standard is a bit longer.

XXIO is something I look at more and more as I get older but the price keeps me from pulling the trigger.

• Admin
XXIO is something I look at more and more as I get older but the price keeps me from pulling the trigger.

Generally speaking there are two lines that are both pretty tech forward. The XXIO lineup, which came out this past year which had both XXIO 11 and XXIO X and then the XXIO Prime, which is their premium priced option.

Pretty impressive equipment overall. The price point puts it out of reach for most. XXIO is definitely making noise.

Nice write-up JB

The pricepoint is what jumps out at everyone, but these are really great drivers.

When Brunski says exotic materials, what determines an exotic material from say the Srixon drivers?

• Admin
Nice write-up JB

When Brunski says exotic materials, what determines an exotic material from say the Srixon drivers?

I am waiting for confirmation, but the metals used are different throughout the head and the shaft than that of Srixon. All the way down to the ferrules.

I am waiting for confirmation, but the metals used are different throughout the head and the shaft than that of Srixon. All the way down to the ferrules.

Thanks, I guess it’s more of a general question in terms of specific to oems what makes a material ie gold exotic va traditional steel/titanium etc

Thanks, I guess it’s more of a general question in terms of specific to oems what makes a material ie gold exotic va traditional steel/titanium etc

To me exotic means a couple of things.
Cost obviously
Unique to brand or new
Not common

I struggled with this driver a bit but @Jman put some good swings on it there. I will say this it does what its supposed to do.

I struggled with this driver a bit but @Jman put some good swings on it there. I will say this it does what its supposed to do.

You struggle with a driver last week? I don’t believe it 😂

File it under #WinterSwing

You struggle with a driver last week? I don’t believe it 😂

File it under #WinterSwing
Just a couple this just happened to be one of them unfortunately. Great looking product though

Just a couple this just happened to be one of them unfortunately. Great looking product though

Outstanding looks, even with a specific shaft in there, I don't think this driver was designed for you in mind, options are never a bad thing and I think (from my previous experience with this brand) that for those that need what this gives it's a fantastic piece of equipment

That is a phenomenal looking club! WOW!!

Back