First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

The message we got from Callaway product team is they are seeing Apex 19 level forgiveness in the Apex Pro 21. The added benefit of AI face spreading the off center hit love. But the proof will always be in the pudding. Go hit them and see for yourself!
This is why I went Pros. I saw the same. That said, the Apex 21 are a new level of forgiveness.

I'm embracing the feedback that Finley gave Canadan.. "play the most forgiving iron you can stand to look at". My eyes love the look of the pros but I hit the Apex 21 irons much better so that's what I'm going with!

I'm embracing the feedback that Finley gave Canadan.. "play the most forgiving iron you can stand to look at". My eyes love the look of the pros but I hit the Apex 21 irons much better so that's what I'm going with!
I expect the same thing will happen to me, 'cept it'll be the standards vs. DCBs.

Man.....these darn Pros...

I can't imagine anything beating these when I try them out, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

I got to see the three heads on the fitting cart at a local store on Saturday. All three are amazing. Assuming funds are made available to me, which sounds probable right now, I will be going back to get fitted and see if either the Apex or more likely the DCB can unthrone my original Apex set that hasn’t been topped yet. I am really excited by the DCBs as I tried and couldn’t hit the Apex 19 very well.

Man.....these darn Pros...

I can't imagine anything beating these when I try them out, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

It would tough to go into a iron fitting with an open mind for me, I’m just trying to nail down what shaft will work best for me. I really want to give graphite a try this year

preorder tomorrow. i’m in a holding pattern until we find out about a trade in bonus. if yes, i’m in. if not, i’m out. i think.

preorder tomorrow. i’m in a holding pattern until we find out about a trade in bonus. if yes, i’m in. if not, i’m out. i think.
I’m not convinced....I think you get a set with or without a trade in bonus!

Apex be like...

I’m not convinced....I think you get a set with or without a trade in bonus!

i mean, i said "i think." that totally gives me an out if/when i buy them lol

Final decision looms between the Apex Combo or straight up Pros. We will see how I feel tomorrow but I may wait until Wednesday to see if my course has them in hand. Otherwise I don't think I can wait much longer than this weekend to click buy

There will be a trade in bonus.

That 50% kicker makes it such a great way to go. Callaway has offered it the last two years. I am surprised that we have not heard anything yet.

I'm waiting to hear about trade-in too, but in the meantime, already ordered the 4-6 Pro's to match my MB's. Custom Player's Set is on.

I'm waiting to hear about trade-in too, but in the meantime, already ordered the 4-6 Pro's to match my MB's. Custom Player's Set is on.
What shafts will you be using? Sorry if I missed that with respect to the MBs.

What shafts will you be using? Sorry if I missed that with respect to the MBs.
IO 6.5 + 1/4" to match the MB's. Going to do a full Pro set with a different set up, but wanted to get those done and coming.

Last edited:
There will be a trade in bonus.

While it might mean Cally will have to give out extra discounts on those trade ins, the reality for me is I'm going to buy one of everything instead of "only" the Pros. And I love it. It's like of like leasing a car, but with golf gear.

Really want to try the pros with the MMT shafts.

it will be interesting to see whether and to what extent callaway reduces trade in values before the bonus. with current values, i'd be out of pocket a little less than $300 for the set i've built. if trade-in values don't change and we get the bonus, i'd basically break even. this will happen.

*REMOVED GIF*
@Greg Kulbick are you getting these? I have a combo set in the cart, trade in is weak, if they do a bonus I may jump on it. Would like to get fit first though-lots of shaft offerings and my ball flight is super high at the moment. Weird, I know...

Back