First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Probably won’t be able to get a fitting since my back flared up Sunday and i cannot swing a club today, but I’m debating going ahead and ordering based on my fitting last year.

very well could be a jacked monitor. on the course i'm pulling 7i from 170-175. but with my cf19, i could get some really long 7i distance. i've never seen that kind of consistency with 3 consecutive shots, though. that really blew my mind.
"Jacked monitor" is that like naked lofts, but in the store?.....:ROFLMAO:

"Jacked monitor" is that like naked lofts, but in the store?.....:ROFLMAO:

well, some "jacked lofts" serve an engineering purpose. the cg location and speed of the iron requires the loft to be reduced, otherwise the launch window and peak height wouldn't work. there's a lot more that goes into it than my little brain understands.

imho all "jacked monitors" are designed for one purpose and one purpose only: sell golf clubs.

Going to see if the local EW has the new heads to hit. Its a bad idea, I'm still sore from working on the wife's truck Sunday. Even if I like them, that's a lot of money to be throwing down.

Now I see the trailing end of the flight, missed that the first time.
Haha, and here I thought you were giving him s**t about hooking those.

Haha, and here I thought you were giving him s**t about hooking those.

it’s called a going draw, thank you very much

I'm very intrigued by the Triple Play...still seems like a great fit. Paired with the UST Recoil graphite, this could be a LOT of fun!

Does pre-ordering mean I get these tomorrow? Because I NEED them...and they need me.

Good stuff @McLovin !
I do wonder if the large amounts of tungsten down low contribute to low spin, but I'll need to hit them for myself to be sure.
I like the idea of 6-GW Apex Pro and then an Apex 21 6 iron.

Looking at the data from the 2nd swing video, the X forged CB were lower spinning than the Apex Pros.

It isn't what I would have expected, but it likely drives home the get fit idea.....and YMMV.

very well could be a jacked monitor. on the course i'm pulling 7i from 170-175. but with my cf19, i could get some really long 7i distance. i've never seen that kind of consistency with 3 consecutive shots, though. that really blew my mind.

So what did you end up ordering 😜?

Apex Pro 5-PW ordered. Can't wait to compare them to my Forged Tecs!
I was thinking the same thing, but the forged tecs will be tough to beat. They are really special.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing, but the forged tech will be tough to beat. They are really special.
Forged Tec were the first clubs that I fell in "love" with so I hear ya! But hearing about these from directly from Callaway, I'm thinking it can be done

Forged Tec were the first clubs that I fell in "love" with so I hear ya! But hearing about these from directly from Callaway, I'm thinking it can be done

having hit both, i don’t think i’d put them in the same category. forged tec have a very techy feel and are not small. i also saw lower launch and spin. but the apex pros are nicely slim without being scary. the feel is tremendous. spin is tbd for me, but launch was excellent. i don’t see the two as competitors.

having hit both, i don’t think i’d put them in the same category. forged tec have a very techy feel and are not small. i also saw lower launch and spin. but the apex pros are nicely slim without being scary. the feel is tremendous. spin is tbd for me, but launch was excellent. i don’t see the two as competitors.
I'm more so comparing them since they are my most recent irons, not because I'm expecting them to do the same thing. Honestly the only similar thing I would bring up about them is both being a hollow body. But I know the comparisons are pretty short. Though I've had plenty of launch and my spin numbers weren't on the low end by any means with the FTs. I am just truly excited to get these in hand and go from there!

Last edited:
I'm more so comparing them since they are my most recent irons, not because I'm expecting them to do the same thing. Honestly the only similar thing I would bring up about them is both being a hollow body. But I know the comparisons are pretty short. Though I've had plenty of launch and my spin numbers weren't on the low end by any means with the FTs. I am just truly excited to get these in hand and go from there!
I am in the same boat. I had 19 Pros and FTs won the battle. The FTs are probably more compatible to the standard Apex. I play them 2 week and get pretty optimal numbers. The forgiveness is unbelievable. I have hit the 21 Pros and I think they are better feeling than the 19s and more forgiving, especially low on the face.

Ok, I am completely smitten with the Pros now. Only concern is the fact that the 2019 Pros seemed to be significantly longer than the 2016 Pros I had. Assuming the 21's will be comparable to the 19's. I am fine with the help in the longer irons. But, am kind of contemplating the Players combo. Make sure my scoring irons are getting as much spin as possible.

@OldandStiff have you had a chance to hit these yet? If so, how did the feel compare to the Apex MB's you have?

Back