First Look: TaylorMade SIM2 Driver, Fairway Woods, Hybrids

That Sim2 Rescue is wicked. I love that black look

Can't get down with those prices.

I like the color schemes.

The Sim2 Max Rescue in 25/28 has me most curious.

Hated the sound of the Sim this year, and people who carried them didn't show me signifcant performance over other drivers (albeit swing related)

Can't get down with those prices.

These are my sentiments with the golf industry as a whole these days. Yes there is inflation, yes the Canadian dollar isn't that strong, but I remember when drivers first crested $500CAD and now they're knocking on $700-$750CAD. A 50% increase in 10-ish years? Really?

MSRP $529.99

Compared my Sim Max to the Sim2 Max on a GC Hawk with my shaft in both.

I was all over the middle 3rd of the face but still seeing my usual results.
Based on the numbers I saw the 2 may be a step backwards. Almost identical launch & spin but consistently 2-3 mph less ball speed. I think both look great at address but ill give the nod to original Sim Max.

From what I saw, save your money and buy last years model.

I hit the SIM2 yesterday, and had some very nice shots with it. I was surprised I liked it as much as I did.

I hit the new SIM drivers today and thought they were ok. Granted I didn't tinker much but I didn't really see any improvement over the last release and actually for my swing they may be a worse fit. The Max is a little more draw biased than the previous model and I would get a little bigger left miss than I like. Still playable but not ideal.

Spin wise they both seem to be a little higher spin than the last model which is a good thing for me. With that said out of the 6 drivers I hit today these were the only ones I hit under 2,000rpm on multiple occasions.

Sound wise they are pretty similar to the last model IMO, maybe a little better. They still look good from address although I liked the more gray carbon of the last version.

Overall ifI already owned a Sim I can't say I'd be tempted to upgrade.

Those should pair well with your TM SIM DHY 19*... KBS Proto 105x !

I think Taylormade has one of the best crowns in the industry. I like the look of the OG Sim better, but that's preference. Dumb question. Do the SIM heads feel light to anyone else? I cant' explain it since, to my understanding, they aren't light relative to other top competitors offerings.

I think Taylormade has one of the best crowns in the industry. I like the look of the OG Sim better, but that's preference. Dumb question. Do the SIM heads feel light to anyone else? I cant' explain it since, to my understanding, they aren't light relative to other top competitors offerings.
Not to me? Could be the halfass knockoff ventus shaft throwing you for a loop?
I'm mostly kidding haha, I hate what Fuji does with their shafts.

Not to me? Could be the halfass knockoff ventus shaft throwing you for a loop?
I'm mostly kidding haha, I hate what Fuji does with their shafts.
Can't blame you. The "look-alike oops no Velocore in the same paint job" idea leaves a bad taste in your mouth. That could've been it. It was weird.

Great write up @ddec .... ever hit the SIM driver last year although I did hit the FW when I went hunting for a 4W (Mavrik won out). Hope to hit either the SIM or SIM2 this year but amongst the 20 guys I play with, not one SIM. Weird.

I felt the same way about last year's version but I didn't really notice it withy the SIM 2 last weekend. I wasn't hitting the Ventus shaft so like Curtis mentioned maybe that was the issue.

Well the 5 consecutive days of customizing colors and picking shaft options finally got me......

Ordered SIM2 Max 9* yesterday and SIM2 Max 3HL 16.5.... I love the SIM Ti 3w from last year but its honestly too hot off the face. Ive lofted it up but its made my left miss a little worse. I really hope down the road they make the HL 16.5 available in the adjustable hosel lineup instead of the glued

next thing im really considering is do I go with the sim2 rescue 2H or Srixon zx 2h???? really excited to try both

Well the 5 consecutive days of customizing colors and picking shaft options finally got me......

Ordered SIM2 Max 9* yesterday and SIM2 Max 3HL 16.5.... I love the SIM Ti 3w from last year but its honestly too hot off the face. Ive lofted it up but its made my left miss a little worse. I really hope down the road they make the HL 16.5 available in the adjustable hosel lineup instead of the glued

next thing im really considering is do I go with the sim2 rescue 2H or Srixon zx 2h???? really excited to try both
I mean, we all know you’ll end up with the TM :ROFLMAO:;)

I felt the same way about last year's version but I didn't really notice it withy the SIM 2 last weekend. I wasn't hitting the Ventus shaft so like Curtis mentioned maybe that was the issue.
Good. This confirms I'm not crazy. ;)

Went by DSG today to grab a couple things and saw the Sim2 drivers in the demo bay. I came from work so I had on jeans, hoodie, and steel toe boots. Only got to take 3 swings because a couple guys that actually looked like golfers showed up. With no warm up and no glove or anything, I saw 102 club, 144 ball, with 260 avg and avg 3.9L of target using the Sim2 D version. It sounded excellent as well. Not sure what ball it was, maxfli something or other. I was really impressed by it. I think I'm going to go in actually prepared soon and test it against my B21 to see how it fares. Tried the Epic Speed also, but it wasn't reading the head right, for some reason.

Really like their “drives everyone wants to hit and nobody wants to follow” slogan! 🔥

Got my Sim 2 driver in Friday. Got the Fujikara Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6 shaft. It's been 15 below zero here so no chance to hit it yet. Hoping to get in a simulator here in the next few days. Want to see how it differs from my Sim.

Would love tp play golf in Montana.

sim2 max 9* and sim2 max 16.5* came in yesterday.... First session with them yesterday and they just dont do anything for me. TBH I wasn't really expecting a huge improvement bc I think last year's SIM was very impressive

My PXG driver and 3w outperformed both SIM2 woods consistently yesterday. I topped out at 159 ball speed with the SIM2 Max..... First swing with the PXG was 164

Unfortunately cant return them to TM bc its a custom order but im gonna be moving on from these

Dare I say I won't have 1 club from TM in the bag this year???? Place your bets

sim2 max 9* and sim2 max 16.5* came in yesterday.... First session with them yesterday and they just dont do anything for me. TBH I wasn't really expecting a huge improvement bc I think last year's SIM was very impressive

My PXG driver and 3w outperformed both SIM2 woods consistently yesterday. I topped out at 159 ball speed with the SIM2 Max..... First swing with the PXG was 164

Unfortunately cant return them to TM bc its a custom order but im gonna be moving on from these

Dare I say I won't have 1 club from TM in the bag this year???? Place your bets

If you were previously well fit for SIM, I wouldn't expect any improvement in SIM2 and I think the Fwy heads in Max are even larger.

PXG seems to have finally improved its woods. I'm not interested, having moved on, but happy they are putting out good drivers and fwys now.

The SIM 2 release sure doesn’t seem to be generating any buzz here on the forum. Interesting...

The SIM 2 release sure doesn’t seem to be generating any buzz here on the forum. Interesting...

I saw the SM2 Hybrid (not the Max) yesterday - nice looking, sort of looks like the pro version that TE put out last year - too small for me. I thought the SIM Max Hybrid was a decent size for humans.

Back