Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had both Pfizer shots. First shot side effects were fluish symptoms and mild headache for about 36-48 hours. Was told the second dose side effects were suppose to be worse, but they were less severe/

I have gotten the first dose so far. It took forever and Oklahoma doesn't have a great system in place for it. Moderna had no real issues except a sore arm.
Same with me. Got the Moderna about 3 weeks ago. My follow-up is scheduled for a week from this Friday.

My wife got both doses of the Pfizer. Her side effects seemed worse than mine.

Some more promising news - in the time frame since they've gotten the 2nd vaccine, only 20 out of 128K people in Israel (who have had one of the more, if not the most aggressive vaccination timeline) were diagnosed with COVID, and they saw a sharp decrease in hospitalizations ~3 weeks after the first shot. I think we'll start to see the numbers look better pretty quickly as the vaccine rollout continues to ramp up here.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/week-...ne-shot-only-20-of-128000-israelis-get-covid/

That does sound promising. Reading between the lines (at least the way I read it), it makes it sound like getting the vaccine would actually prevent you from getting the virus (not just mask the symptoms), which i think would be a real game changer.

The CDC vaccine tracker link: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

U.S. vaccinations the last week have averaged 1.25M per day. The UK started before the US and they are now averaging over .5% of their population each day and hopefully we will soon be at that rate here. It would only take about a 50% increase from our current rate of vaccinations.

I have had both Pfizer shots. First shot side effects were fluish symptoms and mild headache for about 36-48 hours. Was told the second dose side effects were suppose to be worse, but they were less severe/

for what it is worth, the new Shingles shot put me down for about 36 hours on the first shot. I expected the worst on the second and had no reaction. Generally I'm not allergic to much of anything but makes the point that any given person can have a bad reaction to meds. I don't read much into it myself.

my only hope is the covid vacines do what we think they do.

Question for you. And not making this political.
2 months ago, every politician and media outlet said it was not effective. Now those same sources are saying it is effective and everybody should consider getting it done. How is the layperson to believe anything at this point?

Were they saying that the vaccine was not effective or that it might not be effective? I think if anyone was saying definitively that it was not, they were speaking out of turn because no one knew. The scientists recognized the mutation as the type of change that could render a vaccine less effective, but beyond that they were not sure. It takes time do the research, but god knows the news wants to run the click bait headline.

The mutations are nothing new, the US pandemic was originally the Chinese strain that was then overtaken by the Italian strain in March. Everything that I have ever read has said that with the amount of infections, mutations are inevitable and limiting infection is the best defense against allowing the virus to mutate to something truly horrific. Now with vaccines in the tool box and apparently somewhat effective, we have the opportunity to slow the infection rate and get ahead of this SOB! That is what Israel is starting to see and it is very encouraging.

for what it is worth, the new Shingles shot put me down for about 36 hours on the first shot. I expected the worst on the second and had no reaction. Generally I'm not allergic to much of anything but makes the point that any given person can have a bad reaction to meds. I don't read much into it myself.

my only hope is the covid vacines do what we think they do.
I believe the feeling 💩y is when you actually have an immune response. @Wrigbay it would not be surprising that if you had a really good one the first time that you would not have the same reaction the 2nd shot because you don't have to create antibodies since they are already there.

Uh oh. I hope she is OK.
Hope everything is ok.

I'm actually a little surprised how few severe reactions I've heard about with now what 20million doses or so given.
Right now she is being kept in the hospital for observation. Feeling terrible and says every bone in her body hurts. They will run test to make sure she didn't contract covid and maybe in the first stages of it.

So are there any differences in efficacy of/reaction to the vaccine if you are, say, 5'0" and 100 lbs vs 6'2" and 320 lbs?

So are there any differences in efficacy of/reaction to the vaccine if you are, say, 5'0" and 100 lbs vs 6'2" and 320 lbs?
Hypothetically, maybe? realistically probably not really? Efficacy/immune reaction has not alot to do really with your physical structure and has mostly to do with your immune system.

At the rate our province (Ontario) is poking arms, I’ll be lucky to see anything by September. Both my wife and I will be getting vaccine as she has no immune system and other medical issues making her high risk.

What I don’t understand and maybe someone can explain. I understand confidentiality, NDA’s, etc but if the urgency globally is to vaccinate as quickly as possible, why don’t Pfizer and Moderna license other drug manufacturers to make their vaccines in order to accelerate the inoculation?
I think the hold up is the materials it takes to make the vaccine (serum the vaccine is in, glass bottles the vaccine is contained in) plus you have to think that if they license one additional factory to make the COVID vaccine, that's one factory that isn't making insulin or a chemotherapeutic or an arthritis drug that probably makes the companies money and helps other people keep living. Would it help mitigate the spread of COVID? absolutely but would it leave alot of other people who have other medical conditions high and dry? probably yes.

I think the hold up is the materials it takes to make the vaccine (serum the vaccine is in, glass bottles the vaccine is contained in) plus you have to think that if they license one additional factory to make the COVID vaccine, that's one factory that isn't making insulin or a chemotherapeutic or an arthritis drug that probably makes the companies money and helps other people keep living. Would it help mitigate the spread of COVID? absolutely but would it leave alot of other people who have other medical conditions high and dry? probably yes.
Working in drug development/manufacturing I can confirm that supply chain issues are a huge part of it. We have certain consumables and equipment with year plus lead times. On top of that, transferring and scaling the process to multiple CMO's is a massive task.

Working in drug development/manufacturing I can confirm that supply chain issues are a huge part of it. We have certain consumables and equipment with year plus lead times. On top of that, transferring and scaling the process to multiple CMO's is a massive task.

The global supply chain in general right now is more effed up than I can ever remember in over forty years in industry. Given all of the controls on pharma, it is a miracle that it is working as well as it is.

Wonder after the vaccine how many people will still wear masks in public, or just when they are sick (isn't the worst idea)?
It's relatively commonplace in other parts of the world, though I doubt it'll be so over here.

Personally speaking, I have the masks ... may as well continue to use them when it makes sense to after this pandemic is over. If people want to look at me funny, meh, let them.

I believe the feeling 💩y is when you actually have an immune response. @Wrigbay it would not be surprising that if you had a really good one the first time that you would not have the same reaction the 2nd shot because you don't have to create antibodies since they are already there.

That was the information I received from the doctors and the pharmacist administrating the shots. After each shot I was on the couch the all day sleeping.

It's relatively commonplace in other parts of the world, though I doubt it'll be so over here.

Personally speaking, I have the masks ... may as well continue to use them when it makes sense to after this pandemic is over. If people want to look at me funny, meh, let them.

I plan to. When I was in Japan (first time there) back in December 2019, right before all this started, it shocked me how many people wore masks. Funny, at the time it made me a little uncomfortable.... It actually got me ready for the idea. I was one of the very few people in NY to wear a mask in the beginning of this and everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

Back in May 2020, I decided to drive down to Myrtle beach to visit my father. Keep in mind, at that time things were getting pretty bad in NY and only just spreading to places like MB. Everywhere I went in MB I had a mask on and there were a number of random people that angrily asked me why I had one on.

I’ve been double masking the surgical masks from day 1 and I find it interesting to now read new articles suggesting people do so.

My favorite advice from Fauci was last March when he recommended the public not wear any sort of mask or respirator. Imo he won’t share his true beliefs because he thinks we are too stupid to handle it.

Now we should "Wear 2 masks because hey, 2 masks are better than one" says Fauci The Fraud.

We had Covid go through the house over Christmas. We all showed symptoms but nothing that knocked us off of our feet. I had have everyone taking extra Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Zinc, and Magnesium since last March when I read that studies showed it helped your system. I will not be getting the vaccine any time soon and I won't have my son get it either. I'm not a fan of something rushed to the market without any real testing to it. I'm not an anti vaccine guy. I'm just waiting on this one.

To be fair to Fauci, that was the worldwide advice on a virus that had just surfaced. As more data become available, so the advice changed. I think they don’t share stuff because there is still a lot of things they simply don’t know, and that is far more concerning.

You really think that a guy who has devoted 70 years of his life studying the worst virus's in the world doesn't know whether a certain type of mask works or not? As our new leader is fond of saying, "Come on man". There is a reason why he and everyone else aren't walking around the Wuhan lab with simple blue "surgical masks" or a hankerchief pulled up over their nose like Billy the Kid ready to rob a bank. They wear suits that make them look like astronauts when they handle these things so they don't get contaminated.

Last edited:
Now we should "Wear 2 masks because hey, 2 masks are better than one" says Fauci The Fraud.

We had Covid go through the house over Christmas. We all showed symptoms but nothing that knocked us off of our feet. I had have everyone taking extra Vitamin B3, Vitamin C, Zinc, and Magnesium since last March when I read that studies showed it helped your system. I will not be getting the vaccine any time soon and I won't have my son get it either. I'm not a fan of something rushed to the market without any real testing to it. I'm not an anti vaccine guy. I'm just waiting on this one.

So Fauci's a fraud and you're not going to get the vaccine but you're not anti-vaccine. Got it.

We had Covid go through the house over Christmas. We all showed symptoms but nothing that knocked us off of our feet.

So because your family anecdotally didn't have severe symptoms, there's not a worldwide pandemic going on that's killing thousands of people. Got it.

People like you will cost us time, thus lives, in putting this thing down.

So Fauci's a fraud and you're not going to get the vaccine but you're not anti-vaccine. Got it.

We had Covid go through the house over Christmas. We all showed symptoms but nothing that knocked us off of our feet.

So because your family anecdotally didn't have severe symptoms, there's not a worldwide pandemic going on that's killing thousands of people. Got it.

People like you will cost us time, thus lives, in putting this thing down.

1. I get my flu shot every year. My son is all caught up on all his vaccine actions for school so, yes...i'm not anti vaccine.

2. The only thing that I said that you quoted me on in the 2nd part was that we didn't have severe symptoms. The rest of that all came out of your mind and mouth. I never said any of that and you don't know me well enough to make those assumptions about me. I was just reporting how it affected us in our home as many others have in this thread. You can see from reading the thread some have severe symptoms, others don't.

I type so many things in this thread and then delete them...

Unity is preached but all we do is continue to divide ourselves.

Just because someone doesn’t want to put an experimental vaccine in them or their family doesn’t make them a bad person out to kill gramma. It makes them smart.

Anyone know some reasons why the vaccine for SARS-CoV-1 was never released? Or a vaccine for any other coronavirus for that matter?

ADE is real, proven science. These experimental vaccines have had no animal testing, no long term effects are known. Anyone that says “trust it, it’s science” doesn’t know how science actually works.

Sadly it appears that we needed to lock this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back