Cobra RADSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Smaller and deeper? Are you referring to the Big Tour Fwy? They have had a Tour fwy for years which is smaller and more shallow. I tried the Big Tour Fwy last year which was deeper but it took me a long time to get used to it.
Not the Big Tour, but it's counterpart the Tour Fairway that is new this year. It is a 5 wood. They did not make this in the Speedzone it is new with the Radspeed.

https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/k...t1U6P72eW4SGMHQoOXPhn1oAoWTIQ88MaAmiDEALw_wcB

Not the Big Tour, but it's counterpart the Tour Fairway that is new this year. It is a 5 wood. They did not make this in the Speedzone it is new with the Radspeed.

https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/k...t1U6P72eW4SGMHQoOXPhn1oAoWTIQ88MaAmiDEALw_wcB
Not to argue but yes they did make a Tour Fairway last year and have for years and in a 5 wood

Someone say 5-wood? 👀

I actually like the idea of a 4wood :oops:
I mean, at 17.5 the Tour 5-wood in the RAD is basically a 4-wood so.....approved! ;)

The Tour 5w is officially in my head right now, could replace the 3 and 5 in my bag in one shot maybe?

For the OL Hybrid guys: In the build your bag Cobra I went with a 5W 7W 4H setup and would expect some overlap in distances to occur between the 7W and 4H. I hit hybrids well but have never had the chance to game a 7W. Would it be wise to get the 4H in OL as more of the “ultimate rescue” kinda club with a lower ball flight or dump the 7W and do 3H 5H (24*) going into King tour a 26 degree 5 iron? I almost think a OL 24* would not be any different than a standard 5 iron.

The Tour 5w is taunting me still...

Smaller and deeper? Are you referring to the Big Tour Fwy? They have had a Tour fwy for years which is smaller and more shallow. I tried the Big Tour Fwy last year which was deeper but it took me a long time to get used to it.
Did you ultimately become accustomed enough to it that you would pick it again?

For the OL Hybrid guys: In the build your bag Cobra I went with a 5W 7W 4H setup and would expect some overlap in distances to occur between the 7W and 4H. I hit hybrids well but have never had the chance to game a 7W. Would it be wise to get the 4H in OL as more of the “ultimate rescue” kinda club with a lower ball flight or dump the 7W and do 3H 5H (24*) going into King tour a 26 degree 5 iron? I almost think a OL 24* would not be any different than a standard 5 iron.

I had the 7W 4H debate last year. I think you need to hit them both. I went with the 7W because for me I'm more confident with a fairway wood, both off the tee and off the deck. And with a fairway wood I can control the flight a little better.

I went 5w and 4h last time around and have major regret that I didn’t get a 7w as everyone raves about them. I’m thinking this time going 7w into 5h and then straight to 6i from there. There may be a bit of overlap there, but I’ll be using the hybrid more of a utility club, rescue club in the true sense of the word. That’s the plan anyway!

Did you ultimately become accustomed enough to it that you would pick it again?
No, I think I'm going tour fwy this year but the regular version may make a strong case. I hit it very well at the THP Tech Studio

I went 5w and 4h last time around and have major regret that I didn’t get a 7w as everyone raves about them. I’m thinking this time going 7w into 5h and then straight to 6i from there. There may be a bit of overlap there, but I’ll be using the hybrid more of a utility club, rescue club in the true sense of the word. That’s the plan anyway!

It's a good plan! I like the 3,5 7 and 5H choices. This is the way I would be thinking. I went 3,5 7 last year and then 5-GW in the T-Rails. The only issue I had was some gapping between the 7W and the 5i. But that was because the Speedzone 3, 5 and 7 woods were so good.

It's a good plan! I like the 3,5 7 and 5H choices. This is the way I would be thinking. I went 3,5 7 last year and then 5-GW in the T-Rails. The only issue I had was some gapping between the 7W and the 5i. But that was because the Speedzone 3, 5 and 7 woods were so good.
I'm liking the 7w idea. I have a Callaway XR 7w that is almost like cheating from any lie, so I'd be keen to get another in the bag. The gapping may be an issue with the 5h, but that can be tweaked. Would have been easier if the hybrid was adjustable but I can work with it. I'd rather have a slight distance overlap than a large gap.

Do you think it's a 7W v 4H or 7W v 3H? I would imagine a 21* fairway is going to fly more like a 19* hybrid based on length and launch.

I have always been of the school of thought that would say to buy both and practice with both. Then switch them in and out of my bag. There are times when I am swinging my hybrid better and then ties when I am swinging my fw wood better. I think many golfers have an eb and flow that have similar trends. Obviously you don't want to go overboard with options (or maybe you do...but it can get expensive).. but gapping at the top end of the bag is a spot many of us struggle with getting right and the only way to figure it out is to have a few options up there. I am just starting to experiment with a OL set and I am worried about the gapping at the high end of the bag. I have a regular length utility and hybrid that I will experiment with at that end.

Do you think it's a 7W v 4H or 7W v 3H? I would imagine a 21* fairway is going to fly more like a 19* hybrid based on length and launch.
Honestly for me it would be 7w vs 4h. Currently my 5w carries in the region of 215, and my 4h is 205 give or take.

I'm liking the 7w idea. I have a Callaway XR 7w that is almost like cheating from any lie, so I'd be keen to get another in the bag. The gapping may be an issue with the 5h, but that can be tweaked. Would have been easier if the hybrid was adjustable but I can work with it. I'd rather have a slight distance overlap than a large gap.

You’d have to try them. I have the 7W at 21.5. And it depends on how well and far you hit whatever is in the 5iron spot.

Honestly for me it would be 7w vs 4h. Currently my 5w carries in the region of 215, and my 4h is 205 give or take.
Something else I need to test then

You’d have to try them. I have the 7W at 21.5. And it depends on how well and far you hit whatever is in the 5iron spot.
At the minute there is very little in my 5i spot. I have always had a complete mind blob when it comes to hitting a 5i, I have never been able to hit one properly in any of my sets. Currently I have an old 27 degree Ping G25 sat there which doesn't gap particularly well, but does the job.

At the minute there is very little in my 5i spot. I have always had a complete mind blob when it comes to hitting a 5i, I have never been able to hit one properly in any of my sets. Currently I have an old 27 degree Ping G25 sat there which doesn't gap particularly well, but does the job.

Not knowing which direction you will be taking this season as far as your MC bag, but I think you may want to try the Radspeed as far as the 5iron or even a 5H.
I loved the Speedzones when i hit them last year.

Not knowing which direction you will be taking this season as far as your MC bag, but I think you may want to try the Radspeed as far as the 5iron or even a 5H.
I loved the Speedzones when i hit them last year.
I'm absolutely looking at the 5h this year. Thinking of going 7w into 5h, but will need to give them a whirl to check the gapping. Going to be very interesting...

I'm absolutely looking at the 5h this year. Thinking of going 7w into 5h, but will need to give them a whirl to check the gapping. Going to be very interesting...

In my future, I can envision a 5H and even a 6H then going conventional from the 7iron. I already have a 4H that I’ll use this year. I didn’t play it last year because it wasn’t part of my MC bag and I played that bag exclusively even after I withdrew from the MC because I was not able to travel out of state without facing mandatory quarantine upon return.

I'm wondering why Cobra only has a Tour 5w this year and not the 3w? :unsure:

I'm wondering why Cobra only has a Tour 5w this year and not the 3w? :unsure:
IMO, based on what I’ve heard and seen it’s such a low spinner with the toward CG that the 5w loft realm is where it’s extremely playable, and workable. It’s basically a strong 5w, and turned to 17 would make a very fun 4w imo.

Back