Did you invest in $GME or $AMC?

Did you invest in either GME or AMC before it's immense rise?

• Yes

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 49 62.8%
  • No time for that - I'm playing golf!

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
just read a Reddit post from an apparent Robinhood employer, and if true it is pretty damming for both hedge funds/trading firms and our gov’t

not if they sell off now while it’s still up. That’s why it’s so much BS that the trading has been halted. You can sell and not buy. So as more and more sell off in fear of getting nothing until people have no choice to sell off.

I guarantee that some will hold in rebellion only to be extremely disappointed in the end.

If they're holding in rebellion then I doubt they will be disappointed. I think most of these people just "invested" to stick it to the "experts" and cost them billions.

It's a house of cards. It will come crashing down and all these people driving the price up will be wondering "what happened?"

I don't think so. The people buying to drive it up know exactly what they're doing and sticking it to the people that were banking on it to fail so they could make billions.

I did not jump on this crazy train. I’ve just been happy that my buy/hold Canadian marijuana stock finally went back above my buy price a few days ago.

I’m surprised it took this long for trading to be halted, and not even by the SEC.
It's now called LEXX when it switched over to nasdaq but when it was pre 2021, it was doing ok. Is this the one?

It's now called LEXX when it switched over to nasdaq but when it was pre 2021, it was doing ok. Is this the one?

CGC. I bought too early on the down slide, but I had every intention of holding it long term. Finally paying off.

just read a Reddit post from an apparent Robinhood employer, and if true it is pretty damming for both hedge funds/trading firms and our gov’t
what were they saying, generally speaking?

I am looking forward to the inevitable millions of dollars of SEC penalties, exactly $0 of which will come to people like me who were prevented from operating their robinhood account freely and got walloped because of it. 😂

What do you think about all this comotion?
How can I say the word ******** without getting into trouble?

South Sea Company Bubble? Dutch Tulip Bulb Market Bubble? The Great Depression?

It's all been done before, in one way or another.

I think this is a dangerous game that could potentially have adverse consequences for the future of the market.
The market is not the economy.

144138346_10159150479819913_7054781631290355244_n.jpg

The memes coming out of this are so good. They make me happy.

Executive summary: pressure from Citron Capital and the White House on Robinhood leadership caused them to halt trading, with the speculation that it also happened at TDAmeritrade, WeBull and others, causing a giant surplus from the only move to be allowed, sell. Coupled with claims that these same places doubled down on the short position now, hopping to hit a second bottom and recoup profits.

This is actually really scary that the market can be manipulated so easily..
The "market" has always been open to easy manipulation.
Easy manipulation by those "in power"and "in the know" that had easy access to market information ahead ahead of the masses.
The difference now is that technology means that somewhat ordinary people can mess with the market as the "barons" did many years ago.

Executive summary: pressure from Citron Capital and the White House on Robinhood leadership caused them to halt trading, with the speculation that it also happened at TDAmeritrade, WeBull and others, causing a giant surplus from the only move to be allowed, sell. Coupled with claims that these same places doubled down on the short position now, hopping to hit a second bottom and recoup profits.
Oh good, Washington joining the clown show. Shocker. :ROFLMAO:

That both of the aforementioned entities reach out to Robinhood to shut down trading

Oh good, Washington joining the clown show. Shocker. :ROFLMAO:
The people who are aligned on the outrage would shock you, and I honestly thing for some of them, this is literally the only thing they have or will ever agree on.

Coupled with claims that these same places doubled down on the short position now, hopping to hit a second bottom and recoup profits.
I don't get the surprise at this. Literally the first thing I thought when I read about this whole thing was, "Well now the price is artificially high, they can double down knowing it will assuredly fall harder than the original speculative fall." I mean, I'm an idiot and I saw this a mile away. Now don't get me wrong, had I known about it a couple days ago, I would have thrown down and cashed out, but this outrage that the funds are now doing the same thing that they were trying to "avenge" is silly.

I’m trying to hop on DOGE coin ASAP

Back