ASICS GEL-Course ACE Golf Shoes

I will definitely give these puppies a good look. I'm a big fan of the Asics Gel tennis shoes. So it's not going to be a stretch for me to move that from the tennis court to the golf course.

Of the group, I really like the grey ones. If I decide to do some walking rounds this summer, I think those will be my shoe of choice.

Comfort ... I'm not surprised. ASICS are my running shoes that I wear on a daily basis. I might have to give these a try for my spring/summer shoe this year. :)

I emailed a buddy at Asics who told me that these are based on the Cumulus. It is in its 22nd version so safe to say folks like the fit and feel. Then I begged him for a promo code....

I don't not like them, but I feel I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to golf shoes....at least this point in my life. :ROFLMAO:
Agent Jay, you just have to get older. You'll come back around to liking them around 60.

I don't not like them, but I feel I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to golf shoes....at least this point in my life. :ROFLMAO:
Take a look at FJ's new traditions line if you like a blend of tradition and comfort.And good pricepoint.

Add me to the list of white and silver fans. I’m in the market for new shoes this year so likely give these a look. They need to be more than slightly waterproof though....

I love Asics for my running shoes...unfortunately I am not sold on the looks of these. Looks like I would be wearing tennis shoes on the golf course. Price is pretty high as well.

Just looked online at GEL lineup from Asics and love the looks, but not thrilled that sizes cut off at size 13.

These look pretty intriguing to me. They look like a tennis shoe/cross trainer to me because of the heel. I like it!

These look pretty intriguing to me. They look like a tennis shoe/cross trainer to me because of the heel. I like it!

They look very similar to Asics running shoes which in my opinion are very good running shoes. I’ll give these a look as comfort and stability are two of the features that I seek from my golf shoes.

I just walked around my neighborhood with my old ASICS spike less shoes. Walked about 4 miles and they still feel great. Looking forward to getting the new ones with the upgrades.

I walk during my rounds most of the time. But as an old timer who had steel spike shoes back in the day, and not totally in love with the soft spikes of the modern day, I think I'm missing what the advantage of spikeless shoes is. Seems one would be just as well off with running shoes. What am I missing here?

I have a pair of last years Asics Gel-Course Glide spikeless shoes. I got a pair of their Polar Shade/Black (Polar Shade is kind of off-white, not quite gray) to replace my white New Balance shoes that never fit quite right, which was wierd because I have a black pair of the exact same New Balance that fit perfectly. Anyway, the Asics fit to size, are really comfortable, look good, and provide plenty of support and traction for a spikeless shoe. My black New Balance shoes are just about worn down to nothing, so I actually just ordered a pair of the black Asics Gel-Course Glides a couple of days before these new one were announced. :confused2:

I walk during my rounds most of the time. But as an old timer who had steel spike shoes back in the day, and not totally in love with the soft spikes of the modern day, I think I'm missing what the advantage of spikeless shoes is. Seems one would be just as well off with running shoes. What am I missing here?
In theory, the design of the sole is more specific to the movements inherent to golf. But I imagine that trail running shoes would work fine in most conditions. Road running shoes wouldn’t be very grippy though.

Too bad no 2e or 4e widths available. I don't like getting shoes too large so the width is ok.

I will get these this Friday. Looks like I will have to wear them around the house because old man winter 🥶 is making an appearance this weekend.

I will get these this Friday. Looks like I will have to wear them around the house because old man winter 🥶 is making an appearance this weekend.
You and I both loved the previous line and I think this one is as good or better.

I like these better than the previous generation by a lot. I can tell that the waterproofing on this shoe will make it stand out from last years. I took a 4 mile walk in them, they are broken in right out of the box.

I emailed a buddy at Asics who told me that these are based on the Cumulus. It is in its 22nd version so safe to say folks like the fit and feel. Then I begged him for a promo code....
Thanks for this tidbit! Knowing they’re based on the cumulus really helps! Do you know if it’s made on the same last?

I like these better than the previous generation by a lot. I can tell that the waterproofing on this shoe will make it stand out from last years. I took a 4 mile walk in them, they are broken in right out of the box.
Totally agree

the cumulus are comfy but i prefer the nimbus...cumulus felt mushy to me.

the cumulus are comfy but i prefer the nimbus...cumulus felt mushy to me.
I don’t think you’ll be disappointed

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed

decisions...wanted to grab the new FJ hyperflexes but they felt stiff (the soles) outta the box.

Back