Club Fitting with Michael Vrska

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Michael Vrska joins the show to talk about club fitting and a whole lot more.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but we talk a bit about the new Epic and Apex club launches , getting fit and more. This show has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as Michael Vrska Goes Off Course.

123-1-1024x692.jpg

Episode 41 is here and Dan and his guest Michael Vrska discuss the following topics.

New Callaway EquipmentCallaway Club FittingShafts...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
At least I'll have something good in my day! :(
Screenshot_20210129-063608_WTForecast.jpg

will definitely give this a listen. @vgolfman is a wealth of knowledge!

Really enjoyed this show.
From Tony Finau talk to MV's crazy house buying stories.

Over the years we have spent a lot of time at the PGA Show together including his few years working with THP. I too, miss that this week.

Just this minute pressed play and away to listen away at my desk. Really looking forward to this one...

Thanks @Canadan , another great talk with @vgolfman. Always love discussions with Mr. Vrska, so this was a great listen on this cold Ohio Friday, especially as he started off talking about California and the beach. Not jealous about the housing market, but jealous about the 3 minutes drive to the ocean!

Like his talk about the Apex Pro irons, and the entire Apex series in general. As well, the specific talk on the combo sets. It's amazing all the discussions that go into combo making decisions. I for one am very intrigued by these combo sets, and it's great to hear how much they have thought about the process for us. I'd gladly take a combo of those great looking Apex irons, which across the board tick a lot of boxes.

The Finau talk was very interesting. You have to respect a guy who has worked so hard to get to where he's at. Here's to hoping he can make the jump, because he does seem like a great guy on tour.

I’m very much looking forward to listening. @vgolfman always brings it.

Listening now and looking forward to this as I’m going to get fit this afternoon!

Great episode @Canadan! I would take the wind in California over the snow in the Ohio Valley anyday. Thanks for being on @vgolfman!

I will listen today. I'm all about fitting right now.

I will say I disagree with one thing regarding graphite shafts he or someone else from Callaway said in a live session during Showcase week. I think the comment was regarding mmt shaft offerings with the new apex irons and something along the lines of why would anyone want heavier graphite irons shafts. That's a far too oversimplified blanket statement. I get that graphite can be made as stiff as steel at lighter weights. Steel needs to be heavier to be stiffer flexing. Got it. But that doesn't mean we should all go lighter with graphite. We can, if it works for us. But weight is a key factor in shafts. I'm not going to play 80 or 90g irons shafts, graphite or not. I am far more comfortable and swing better at 110-120g.

I am about halfway and it has been a great listen.. Very easy conversation between @Canadan and @vgolfman makes for great content.

Thanks @Canadan , another great talk with @vgolfman. Always love discussions with Mr. Vrska. House buying Cali must be stressful. Always great content with Micheal.

You do such and awesome job, @Canadan. I loved the reference to “man jewelry.”

@Canadan, good stuff! The conversations you have on the pod always flow so easily and feel like a couple of friends hanging out shooting the shot. Vrska is a treasure trove of golf knowledge and another great conversationalist. I agree with @Tenputt, "man jewelry" is awesome. It's THP lexicon worthy.

hahaha I say some very dumb things on Off Course, eh boys?
As long as you never advocate for iron headcovers, I will continue to cheer you on. Seriously, your content, approach and delivery are exceptional.

Great stuff, enjoyed this one. And I need some new man jewelery.

Great show as always. This one always gets bumped to the top of my list.

Also the only podcast I dont listen to on 2x speed :)

"I'm waiting for the check from Callaway"
GOLD
Pretty happy with iron setup and shaft it sounds like, should be a great season!

I will listen today. I'm all about fitting right now.

I will say I disagree with one thing regarding graphite shafts he or someone else from Callaway said in a live session during Showcase week. I think the comment was regarding mmt shaft offerings with the new apex irons and something along the lines of why would anyone want heavier graphite irons shafts. That's a far too oversimplified blanket statement. I get that graphite can be made as stiff as steel at lighter weights. Steel needs to be heavier to be stiffer flexing. Got it. But that doesn't mean we should all go lighter with graphite. We can, if it works for us. But weight is a key factor in shafts. I'm not going to play 80 or 90g irons shafts, graphite or not. I am far more comfortable and swing better at 110-120g.
Not sure who said that, but to clarify... Many players should try graphite shafts and virtually all players should try lighter version of what they are playing now. That doesn't mean it will be perfect for you, but many players gain speed with the lighter shafts and as we know, speed often wins. You still have to be able to control the shots and repeat your swing, but going graphite throughout the bag and often lighter is great advice for many, many players. Not all, but many. Going into a fitting with an open mind and letting the data dictate, at least to a large degree, is always the way to go.

hahaha I say some very dumb things on Off Course, eh boys?
Actually you are a really good interviewer. You ask questions that force thoughtful answers and you're good at the back and forth part too.

Great podcast this morning @Canadan. Love hearing more about the combo sets, Danny Lee and shaft discussion, PGA show, and the connections made there, gotta love talk about Phil and Finau. Well done Dan, well done!

Back