Bridgestone e12 Contact Golf Balls

Just don’t see the point in a $30 surlyn ball when there are plenty of urethane balls in the DTC space as well as great deals on Srixon urethane balls that make them equal if not cheaper than this ball.

if somebody wants a surlyn ball the Soft Feel, Supersoft and e6 seem plenty fine at the $22 price point.

to each their own but I feel like this is a wool over your eyes ball like the NXT was for years.

Just don’t see the point in a $30 surlyn ball when there are plenty of urethane balls in the DTC space as well as great deals on Srixon urethane balls that make them equal if not cheaper than this ball.

if somebody wants a surlyn ball the Soft Feel, Supersoft and e6 seem plenty fine at the $22 price point.

to each their own but I feel like this is a wool over your eyes ball like the NXT was for years.

I'd like to see 15 ball packs at a better price than $30 per...

I got to try these out over the last few days. I’m quite impressed.

I love when companies try to think outside of the box and change things up. With so many options at that price point, you have to do something to try to stand out. Having confidence in your ball ends up being a huuuge thing.

Got these out yesterday and played all rounds with one, man, I’m impressed. More than anything I’m impressed into greens that they sat within a foot of the ball mark most times.

I also saw good distance, no drop off for me, and man they are soft feeling.

Got these out yesterday and played all rounds with one, man, I’m impressed. More than anything I’m impressed into greens that they sat within a foot of the ball mark most times.

Virtually exactly the same thing I saw. I just don’t know how much is greens being receptive vs firm for me, but man they felt great.

Golf ball design is more than cover though, not all non-urethane balls are the same, nor are all urethane balls.

Virtually exactly the same thing I saw. I just don’t know how much is greens being receptive vs firm for me, but man they felt great.
That was my only thing, we got a lot of rain this week so it’s soft for our typical winter. That said, I really did see enough to want to hit them more in the spring, and I’m totally comfortable putting several of my HS kids into them this year.

What did you all think of ball flight? I felt they might be a bit higher than the other balls in the blind test. Of course I have not gotten them on a sim or anything and that was just outdoor testing, but I play the same 5 or 6 holes next to my house so much my eyes can pick up things with a few repetitions. I especially noticed it off the driver as these seemed to really get in the air.

What did you all think of ball flight? I felt they might be a bit higher than the other balls in the blind test. Of course I have not gotten them on a sim or anything and that was just outdoor testing, but I play the same 5 or 6 holes next to my house so much my eyes can pick up things with a few repetitions. I especially noticed it off the driver as these seemed to really get in the air.
On the launch monitor they were similar for me but outside it was a tough test due to the wind at Hammock Beach that day so I’m not sure. I can say one thing though, they are long for me when missed, which is something I enjoy.

I didn’t put them on monitor yet, but I did elevate them easily. What I didn’t see was distance loss, which is exciting as heck to me.

On the launch monitor they were similar for me but outside it was a tough test due to the wind at Hammock Beach that day so I’m not sure. I can say one thing though, they are long for me when missed, which is something I enjoy.
Yes, I had some really nice carries with them as well especially with the high fade I hit. They were getting to where I normally get. They were not ballooning into the wind either, the height between into the wind and with the wind was only varied slightly.

One thing I have noticed more is this ball flies straighter on my poor hits. Nothing will stop a bad slice or pull, but on my just off swings I see a straighter flight.

My distance has been a bit longer off the tee, but noticed that my irons are about the same as other balls I have played.

One thing I have noticed more is this ball flies straighter on my poor hits. Nothing will stop a bad slice or pull, but on my just off swings I see a straighter flight.

My distance has been a bit longer off the tee, but noticed that my irons are about the same as other balls I have played.
Careful, that would mean there is something to all this R&D companies do and its not just marketing like some want to believe :LOL:;)

FWIW, on a serious note, I saw much the same. Very impressed off the tee.

Careful, that would mean there is something to all this R&D companies do and its not just marketing like some want to believe :LOL:;)

FWIW, on a serious note, I saw much the same. Very impressed off the tee.
The bold part has me intrigued that maybe someone could have ideas about.

How a ball could be longer off the tee and driver, but similar in distance on the irons. I would have thought similar in both or longer in both.

My initial thought is it’s due to the claim of 38% more ball face contact, but again why wouldn’t you see similar on irons then.

The bold part has me intrigued that maybe someone could have ideas about.

How a ball could be longer off the tee and driver, but similar in distance on the irons. I would have thought similar in both or longer in both.

My initial thought is it’s due to the claim of 38% more ball face contact, but again why wouldn’t you see similar on irons then.
Could be a lot of reasons, one biggie being that irons are not contacted at the same speed as drivers/woods so there is less overall impact on how much ball is contacting the face comparatively. (y)

I received a 2-ball pack of these in the mail yesterday and put one in play today. Following are some of my thoughts:

1. These balls fly high, at least for me. Seemed to have a decent amount more initial launch than the balls I usually play (Tour B RX, AVX, MTB Black).

2. DIstance - I honestly thought this was a little lacking in these balls. I found I needed to hit about 1/2 club more to hit my distances I am used to with irons and wedges. Same off the tee. I was 5 - 10 yards shorter than what I expected to be with the strikes.

3. Dispersion - very good IMO. I did not see near the amount of draw/hook that I am accustomed to when playing my usual urethane balls. Definitely had to adjust my normal aim points to account for the reduced right to left movement of the ball in the air.

4. Spin - I was honestly surprised how well they stopped when being hit into greens. Very comparable to the urethane balls I normally play.

5. Feel - I was a little iffy on this aspect on full swing shots. Definitely felt softer than my normal balls and just didn't give me the feeling of the ball launching off the clubface with a lot of speed. As JMan wrote in the preview, I did get the sensation of the ball staying on the clubface an instant longer that what I am used to. No issue with the feel of the balls in short game or putting.

6. Durability - thought this aspect of the ball was quite good after one round with it. I did bang it into some trees on a few occasions due to my expecting a draw and the ball staying straight. The trees left a yellowish mark on the ball but no stuffing from the tree or wedge strikes.

Not a bad ball overall IMO. It is not going to replace a Tour B for me, but I would have no issue playing it again. Heck, I made 3 birdies with it, including the first hole I put it into play.

Will try these out! Kinda reminds me of the gamer balls with a flattened inner dimple though. I liked those and these have to better than them!

Played 9 today with the Contact and continue to be impressed. I get really solid distance and full swing spin into greens is pretty darn impressive For a ball in this class.

Looking at my blind balls everyday, but temps are negative all this week. Global warming my butt (non political)

Just played a full round comparing the e12 to the previous line (soft) and loved this version. I got better speed, 1 degree higher launch and more spin on approach shots.

I just received 2 two-ball sleeves after they asked me if I was interested on Twitter. I’ll use them in the Sim maybe saturday against the gamer Z Star XV and get some numbers.

The reviews continue to be positive for this ball. I had played the Soft for a few rounds last season and I'm willing to give this new ball a go this season.

Back