Patrick Reed is Good for Golf: Prove Me Wrong

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Every sport has heroes and villains and the last two decades have shown that winning cures all. He has been on tour just short of 10 years and has built a pretty rock solid resume. Patrick Reed is good for golf.

Reed has 9 PGA Tour Victories. He is a major winner and has had a top 10 in every major and top 5 in 3 of the 4.

He is a good interview and says what’s on his mind.

He has had some brushes with the rules in the past, although I don’t believe yesterday was one of them.

So prove me wrong, Patrick Reed is good for golf.

111-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...

Can’t argue against it. Someone with a swoosh on their business card is probably kicking themselves because Reed didn’t have one on his chest today.

I disagree. To me the image and cheating scandals is bad for those that enjoy the game and those who are just starting out. Those that already enjoy do not like the thought of a corrupted win or cheater. Those starting out could get the wrong message about how to play the game the correct way. Just my opinion though. I do think it adds some drama and some even viewers who are rooting against him.

f this guy and his imminently punchable stupid f-ing face.

but no, i can’t prove you wrong. he is golf’s villain. the yang. we just need a yin. a light for his dark. who will be that?

I like Reed. Hope he gets at least one major this season

• Admin
I disagree. To me the image and cheating scandals is bad for those that enjoy the game and those who are just starting out. Those that already enjoy do not like the thought of a corrupted win or cheater. Those starting out could get the wrong message about how to play the game the correct way. Just my opinion though. I do think it adds some drama and some even viewers who are rooting against him.
The greatest of all time comes to mind with his Masters drop (not the other cheating) and very few would make the case that he is bad for the game.

Someone has to be the bad guy! Superman wouldn’t be the same without Lex Luthor!

Good for the product of PGA Tour golf yes, for the game of golf no.

Good for the product of PGA Tour golf yes, for the game of golf no.
How? If more eyeballs are paying attention and as has been mentioned, he isn’t the first to break the rules including the greatest of this generation.

There are baby faces and heels. You need both for a compelling story line..

The greatest of all time comes to mind with his Masters drop (not the other cheating) and very few would make the case that he is bad for the game.
You said change your mind! I am just trying to follow the instructions in the first post since that is not done around here quite often! 🤪

You said change your mind! I am just trying to follow the instructions in the first post since that is not done around here quite often! 🤪
Hahaha. Touché.

I can forgive and forget a lot of things. Blatant dishonesty and stealing from teammates (if true) is not one I can.

He’s a smelly turd (if true).

If that’s not than he can be as big of a prick as he wants, doesn’t impact me one way or another. But if what’s supposedly true is, nope.

Can’t get past that.

He draws crowds and viewership. Everyone wants to root against him, guys had there chances today to beat him and they folded while he kept his composure. Can't prove you wrong.

He isn't a good role model for our younger generation of golfers. Integrity is one of the core values and lessons that are taught through the game, and a high profile player who is suspect in those areas, isn't good for growing the game and teaching the virtues that has been integral to the sport being viable for many generations. When core values lose their values in golf, the game will suffer. It will not happen suddenly, but it will have a gradual effect.

Go to Instagram.. if you like golf and follow a bunch of golf related content providers. It has been all Patrick Reed for the past two days. Memes, commentary, jokes, slights, support, etc.

It has basically been all about Reed.

He isn't a good role model for our younger generation of golfers. Integrity is one of the core values and lessons that are taught through the game, and a high profile player who is suspect in those areas, isn't good for growing the game and teaching then virtues that has been integral to the sport being viable for many generations. When core values lose their values in golf, the game will suffer. It will not happen suddenly, but it will have a gradual effect.
Neither was Tiger Woods and he was certainly good for golf. It hasn’t suffered from him either 😀

Remember when so many were pulling for him to win his card playing when his wife was caddying for him.

Remember when so many were pulling for him to win his card playing when his wife was caddying for him.

so many rules controversies ago...

How? If more eyeballs are paying attention and as has been mentioned, he isn’t the first to break the rules including the greatest of this generation.
Well, If there are juniors that look up to Reed they might start incorporating his antics into their own play. To me that’s not good for the game. Same as juniors take after tour pro slow play, not good either.

I would also argue he is maybe the most enjoyable golfer to watch. Character aside. He plays a great style. He is also maybe the most mentally tough golfer ever.. including tiger and Jack. Just much less skilled.

still a punk though.

Back