2021 Srixon Z-Star and 2021 Z-Star XV Golf Balls

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
A very much anticipated release is finally here, it’s the 2021 Srixon Z-Star and Z-Star XV time folks, and it definitely looks like what was already an excellent golf ball series just got even better. 

2021-Srixon-ZStar-Golf-Balls-1-.jpg

Centered around the idea of refusing to compromise, the new Z-Star golf balls are a labor of intense research and development to take things to another level by optimizing each design for optimization of the golfers who put them into play. 

The 7th Generation

Crazy to think about, but this does indeed mark the seventh iteration of the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice write up. I am curious to know how much less spin off the tee the Z Star produces vs the XV.

Nice write up, look forward to trying out the new Z.

Nice write up @Jman , being one of my favorite balls, I look forward to seeing how these perform in the upcoming year.

• Staff
I hope you all enjoy the release article!

Ive been playing rounds with them for a bit now and I have to say, the feel stands out for me, especially in the XV which even at that compression doesn’t FEEL that firm at impact due to the FastLayer design. Also, greenside the standard Z spins more for me than the TourB XS, which is wild.

• Staff
Nice write up. I am curious to know how much less spin off the tee the Z Star produces vs the XV.
I have been seeing them REALLY close. Talking a hundred RPM.

I have been seeing them REALLY close. Talking a hundred RPM.

Interesting. One odd thing I’ve seen with the previous version is the z star distance is the same or more for me and I felt more accurate off the tee. Wondering which one of these I should choose to try first?!?!

I may have to pick up a sleeve and see if the XV is any softer than I remember. I've liked previous versions, but felt too firm and had durability issues.

Last edited:
I hope you all enjoy the release article!

Ive been playing rounds with them for a bit now and I have to say, the feel stands out for me, especially in the XV which even at that compression doesn’t FEEL that firm at impact due to the FastLayer design. Also, greenside the standard Z spins more for me than the TourB XS, which is wild.

That is wild. Need to pick up some Z.

Interesting. One odd thing I’ve seen with the previous version is the z star distance is the same or more for me and I felt more accurate off the tee. Wondering which one of these I should choose to try first?!?!
Both. :ROFLMAO: But really, I think the dimple change is going to make a lot of people happy off the tee and long irons.

One thing that keeps standing out for me is the durability though. We make fun of the SeRM name, or at least I do :ROFLMAO:, but since it’s inclusion the durability has been really really good.

Well there it is.

Really liking the performance and durability of the last version, but I am having an issue with the visible seam on the tour yellow. Someone at srixon told me that was an issue they were aware of and were addressing with the new version.

Only one way to find out!

Great write up as usual(y)

Great write up @Jman! Srixon tour level golf balls are great. Can’t wait to try these out!

I can’t wait to give these a try. I used the prior gen z-stars for a time, but moved away. The details in the article make me think that maybe I should give the XV and give them an extended run. Now driver spin but high green side spin is where I need to be.

Not going to lie. The XV may be one of my two favorite balls. But, the durability of the finish or cover was probably the worst I’ve seen in years. After a hole or two, the seam would look like a visible crack. Really hoping they addressed that.

Great write up! These are my favorite ball to play on the course and I am looking forward to trying the new generation when I run out of the dozens of prior GW eration I already have. I also think it is worth noting that the new packaging looks great. They really did a good job distinguishing between the two and making it attractive.

I have a lot of questions/ramblings about this.
To me when I look at these I say ok the Z is the prov1 and the XV is the prov1x.
I like to try and relate golf balls when comparing.
But the XV is a 4 piece and the Z is only a 3 piece?
To me I’d think the Z would be the red number then and the XV would be the black number.
OR are we missing a ball in this series and the Z is actually the AVX or something?

Either way nice write up James.

Nice write up @Jman. These are my favorite ball to play on the course. The like button wasn't working for me just so you know;)

Can't wait to get these out on the course, you know, when my foot of snow melts.

I have a lot of questions/ramblings about this.
To me when I look at these I say ok the Z is the prov1 and the XV is the prov1x.
I like to try and relate golf balls when comparing.
But the XV is a 4 piece and the Z is only a 3 piece?
To me I’d think the Z would be the red number then and the XV would be the black number.
OR are we missing a ball in this series and the Z is actually the AVX or something?

Either way nice write up James.

The Pro V1 is a three piece ball.

Looking forward to some head to head comparison. I have some of the previous XV balls laying around and will be interested to see and feel the difference.

Looking forward to some head to head comparison. I have some of the previous XV balls laying around and will be interested to see and feel the difference.
I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts, particularly on the XV. I’ve been playing in the cold and even then, they’re noticeably less firm to me. I’m eager to hear what others think.

Been enjoying these golf balls for the last 2 years or so. 6 dozen lasted me the year in 2020 and got another 6 dozen during the Srixon deal last month.

The only gripe has been the durability issues, the durability has never affected the performance though to me.

I am glad that it has been addressed.

Last edited:
Back