Has to be the only reason. The ability to make more money off the field in NYC.

Probably more lucrative off the field than being the QB of the Dolphins..

I genuinely would be curious why NYC would cause more money from endorsements. From what I see the QBs with the most national TV commercials reside in Green Bay, KC and Cleveland.

Can’t explain the one in Cleveland; the other two are MVPs and Super Bowl Champions.

Can’t explain the one in Cleveland; the other two are MVPs and Super Bowl Champions.
Totally. But that is why I don't get the NYC leading to more advertising argument. Just go win a title and an MVP if you want advertising money.

I could not think of a worse move for the jets then to give up 3 first round picks.

I could not think of a worse move for the jets then to give up 3 first round picks.

I’m sure it would be 3 first rounders at a minimum plus Darnold. And if I’m Houston, I’m also asking for Quinnen Williams, the Jets best defensive player. Interestingly, Darnold and Williams were both high first round picks.

I genuinely would be curious why NYC would cause more money from endorsements. From what I see the QBs with the most national TV commercials reside in Green Bay, KC and Cleveland.

It's not just national commercials. Metro NYC is an enormous market in and of itself. And it's not just TV. I remember Eli Manning appearing in print ads for Citizen watches, for example. NYC is basically one of two media centers of the country, and so a star athlete could get all the endorsements (s)he wants.

Progressive is headquartered in Mayfield Village, OH, on the East Side of Cleveland. May have something to do with it. That and Baker maybe making us miss Flo and Jamie.

very steep but that Goff contract is not friendly and they needed to dump it

It's actually not. They have to pay him 25 Mill next season, then they can cut him and take cap hit of 10 Mill.

I must be so off on QBs right now, as I don’t see Stafford as a big upgrade over Goff. I can only guess the Rams are playing the long game, but now they don’t have a 1st round pick till I think 2024

It's absolutely the reverse. Rams are playing the short game! How many years do you think Stafford has left in him?

This is what the Rams are getting

Exactly! They are getting a warrior! Let's not forget that in the last 9 of 10 seasons, Stafford has played in 16 regular season games!

Like someone else said, on the east side of Cleveland, there are suburbs named Mayfield Village and Mayfield Heights. It's kind of an obvious fit.

It's absolutely the reverse. Rams are playing the short game! How many years do you think Stafford has left in him?
I would say 3-5 years at a good level, but I think his level is only slightly better then Goff. The cost of the two 1st rounders and the 3rd will hurt on building the team.

I would say 3-5 years at a good level, but I think his level is only slightly better then Goff. The cost of the two 1st rounders and the 3rd will hurt on building the team.
Mortgage your future for one shot at Superbowl next year. I don't think that Goff was the reason they lost in the playoffs this year.

It's actually not. They have to pay him 25 Mill next season, then they can cut him and take cap hit of 10 Mill.

Exactly! They are getting a warrior! Let's not forget that in the last 9 of 10 seasons, Stafford has played in 16 regular season games!

Like someone else said, on the east side of Cleveland, there are suburbs named Mayfield Village and Mayfield Heights. It's kind of an obvious fit.

I'm the guy who mentioned Mayfield Village, and I honestly was making the Baker/Progressive/Cleveland connections and not the Mayfield/Mayfield connection. Now that you mention it, though . . . .

Not quite.

2021 he is owed $27.8 million and a dead cap hit of $43.3 million if cut

2022 he is owed $25.5 million and a dead cap hit of $15 million.

if the cut Goff and not make the trade they have a dead cap hit of $58 million this year.

Stafford is owed $43 million and no dead cap hit if they release him. Also Detroit is paying $19 million of that contract and no contract entre soon with the Rams.

so the Rams had to get from under the Goff contract even if 1st round picks were the way out. Better to have $58 million to get a FA then a draft pick that might not help or pan out.

Still seems like a crazy price to move on from a QB who had his team in the SB 2 years ago.
Stafford has ZERO playoff wins. Does he really push the Rams to the next level???

Still can't believe I am rooting for KC!

Still seems like a crazy price to move on from a QB who had his team in the SB 2 years ago.
Stafford has ZERO playoff wins. Does he really push the Rams to the next level???

You’re just mad because the only team Stafford would not waive ‘no-trade’ clause for was the Patriots 😂

As a Rams fan, that wasn't very far off from what I'd initially felt.

I didn't want Goff in the draft and have been very critical of him. But his OL played well in '17 and very well '18, for that reason it's no fluke that Goff had his best seasons. Give him a good line and a system that would play to his strengths (read: hide his numerous weaknesses), you can win with Goff.

The Rams haven't done that. Although over the cap, they haven't invested significant capital in OL as theirs ranks 23rd in the league in combined OL salary.

Going into '19 the Rams had greatly underestimated the veteran losses of Rodger Saffold at LG and John Sullivan at C. RG was already weak so since, the entire middle of the line has truly sucked.

BUT...

Goff's flaws haven't helped matters. He's absolutely terrible under pressure. He'll drop his eyes and backtrack rather than climb the pocket staying focused downfield.

He's also subpar at reading a disguised blitz and hitting his hot read.

His delivery is too long and he'll telegraph passes.

He does have good arm strength and when afforded time, can be very accurate. But his good play is predicated largely upon timing. If he has to improvise, things aren't likely to go well.

Although Goff has good straightaway speed, he sure doesn't display it as he doesn't have the quickness, decisiveness nor elusiveness to create any space. Throws poorly on the move.

Considering that former Rams offensive coaches under McVay are now sprinkled around the league, and the natural defensive adaptation, the Rams offense needed to adapt.

Teams adjusted to their previous frequent pre-snap motion and crossing patterns that had often helped with Goff's timing as receivers worked open right off the line. Rams also have gone without a viable deep threat.

Once D's compressed the field and forced Goff to make quicker reads, he's struggled. The crap O-line not doing him any favors.

Stafford basically does everything better than Goff. He's not a runner but he's decisive with the ball, routinely steps up into the pocket to avoid the rush, is very good passing vs pressure and identifies the blitz well in locating his hot read.

He also has a bigger arm with good elusiveness in the pocket. Although he didn't run PA as often as Goff, his PA fake is better than Goff's. He's also way better throwing to either side with a sliding pocket or on the move.

I've always very much liked Stafford the player. Followed him some at Georgia as I have with the Lions. Player for player, I can't wait to see how he'll perform with the Rams. I only pray to God that they'll patch that interior line some.

...but he'll be 33 before the season starts so I wouldn't have made that trade considering the draft capital involved.

I understand the unloading of the contract aspect but considering Goff's still present potential, and as a former #1 draft pick himself, they essentially gave up 3 first-round picks and a 3rd for what will be a 33 year old QB.

They're all-in to win it, mistakingly believing perhaps that they're just a QB away. Wrt pending losses and current weaknesses, they need at least 2 OL, LB, Edge and a deep threat at WR.

OL being vital.

😘😘

actually it wasn’t even close

Sorry, but tonight shows why the NFL MVP Award is simply a which QB should we give the award to. It’s a total joke.

Rodgers wins with 44 votes to Josh Allen getting 4 votes, and 2 for Mahomes.

Really, Henry with over 2000 rushing yards doesn’t get a vote? Not one?

Sorry, but tonight shows why the NFL MVP Award is simply a which QB should we give the award to. It’s a total joke.

Rodgers wins with 44 votes to Josh Allen getting 4 votes, and 2 for Mahomes.

Really, Henry with over 2000 rushing yards doesn’t get a vote? Not one?

Of course its a joke, since he won Offensive Player of the year.
He outrushed nearly two dozen teams by himself.
First ever 2k rusher with a bad OL (Pro Bowl)

Comparative stats for AFC DPOY TJ Watt and NFL DPOY Aaron Donald from big brother JJ’s tweet Screen cap from Fox News:1612710179154.png

Comparative stats for AFC DPOY TJ Watt and NFL DPOY Aaron Donald from big brother JJ’s tweet Screen cap from Fox News:View attachment 8992274
TBF, AD would draw double and sometimes triple teams on each play. The stats are definitely in TJ’s favor but putting up the numbers AD did despite all the attention teams paid him is a pretty good argument as well. I’m sure both would happily give up the awards in exchange for playing today.

Back