2021 Srixon Z-Star and 2021 Z-Star XV Golf Balls

I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts, particularly on the XV. I’ve been playing in the cold and even then, they’re noticeably less firm to me. I’m eager to hear what others think.

For sure. This year the ball offerings are all very interesting. Seems that everyone is making some decent sized changes. That makes it a lot of fun.

2/15 for preorders.

I have never really gotten along with these as they always seemed harsh/harder to me. I will try them again and see how they are. Srixon durability has always been good.

A ball that has performed great in windy conditions, has been improved!!! Sign me up.

A ball that has performed great in windy conditions, has been improved!!! Sign me up.
It’s been a lot of fun so far in that regard out here. I’ve been an XV guy in the past, but the Z is brining the 🔥

I can't wait to give these new ones a go. I love the previous model of the ZV, but I'm always up for an improvement of my favorite ball. My problem is I still have 4 dozen of the last model! 🥴

Also, greenside the standard Z spins more for me than the TourB XS, which is wild.

I've tried the Z and the ZV but the experiment didn't last long. Even on really good strikes, the ball felt really hard. On putts, it sounded like I was putting a 1990s surlyn ball. Performance was pretty good but I got more distance and spin, and better sound, out of other balls.

Your thoughts on the feel and spin of the balls have me rethinking them.

As an aside, I have to say the "slide-ring" deal strikes me as marketing lingo rather than something real. I'm sure it isn't, it's just strange to me.

In the past I have tried the AD333 here in the UK - didn't like it in terms of feel and performance

Tried the Z-Star and the Z-Star XV and just didn't get along with them, especially the XV as it felt quite harsh to me, but the standard version felt too soft with nothing in between

I might have to give the new XV a try if they have made it feel softer but retaining the performance

I wish they had a trade in program for golf balls! haha have quite a few - prior gen XVs would love to see dfifferences.

I'm interested to see how much more greenside spin there is & whether the XV is any softer than the previous version

I've tried the Z and the ZV but the experiment didn't last long. Even on really good strikes, the ball felt really hard. On putts, it sounded like I was putting a 1990s surlyn ball. Performance was pretty good but I got more distance and spin, and better sound, out of other balls.

Your thoughts on the feel and spin of the balls have me rethinking them.

As an aside, I have to say the "slide-ring" deal strikes me as marketing lingo rather than something real. I'm sure it isn't, it's just strange to me.
I can assure you, it’s real. The molecular aspect of using different and new things into the cover designs. It’s high tech talk, yeah, but it’s def not just marketing.

The new packaging looks awesome.

great to see a new iteration of a ball I have been using a lot of lately. Can’t wait to try out the new ones soon

I can't wait to give these new ones a go. I love the previous model of the ZV, but I'm always up for an improvement of my favorite ball. My problem is I still have 4 dozen of the last model! 🥴
I may have more than 4 dozen my self. To many bogo deals:p

Have they raised the price on these? They used to be $49.99 CDN, but when I use your price of $42.99 USD that brings them up to $58.00 CDN.

Have they raised the price on these? They used to be $49.99 CDN, but when I use your price of $42.99 USD that brings them up to $58.00 CDN.
Yes. The price this year is up from 39.99 USD to 42.99 USD. But....still cheaper than Callaway, Bridgestone, Taylormade or Titleist. ;)

Yes. The price this year is up from 39.99 USD to 42.99 USD. But....still cheaper than Callaway, Bridgestone, Taylormade or Titleist. ;)

The Z yellow is my gamer, and I have about 4dz for the upcoming season, but I am hoping they will still do the Father's Day BOGO because this ball is awesome, and at 2 for 1, it cannot be beat! I can't wait to try it out.

@Jman I played the XV for years before going with the Bridgestone Tour BX this past season. Would you say the new XV is now pretty similar with the spin/feel? I think the XV is the best wind ball and look forward to a better feel.

@Jman I played the XV for years before going with the Bridgestone Tour BX this past season. Would you say the new XV is now pretty similar with the spin/feel? I think the XV is the best wind ball and look forward to a better feel.
That’s tough, and so stinking personal. For me, the BX still feels a touch softer, but I agree, wind performance I don’t think anything touches Srixon.

That’s tough, and so stinking personal. For me, the BX still feels a touch softer, but I agree, wind performance I don’t think anything touches Srixon.
Thanks for the reply, I think with it being softer than prior gen it will go back in the bag - but looking to test these out

The Z-Star has been a very strong performer with great reviews here on THP. I look forward to trying these when released to see how the new aerodynamic dimple design works on the trajectory, spin, and dispersion for my game.

It’s been a lot of fun so far in that regard out here. I’ve been an XV guy in the past, but the Z is brining the 🔥
I prefer the Z-Star over the XV, as the Z-Star doesn’t launch as high as the XV... Both great balls, and I think that Srixon has the best yellow ball on the market.

I played both the Z-Star and Q-Star a fair amount last year and was impressed with both. Definitely liked the softer feel of the Q-Star around the greens and when putting. I'll be curious to see how these compare when I'm able to get some!

Great writeup @Jman!

Back