Patrick Reed is Good for Golf: Prove Me Wrong

Is there anything worse than cheating in golf? no. theres NOTHING worse than cheating. Regardless of how good the player is, cheating is the worst thing you can do in golf. Ive cheated once, as a boy when i think it was a practice roud but, my teammate saw it. i only did it because i heard other people were cheating too. the person that saw me had a reputation for cheating. I surely regretted it even though i wasnt penalized for it. But it made me think, there is nothing worse than cheating and that no matter who the player was, if i saw him cheating in any way my opinion of him would go from the top of the Willis Tower down to the Earth's mantle.
Is there anything worse than cheating on purpose? I dont think Patrick Reed has ever admitted to cheating on purpose.

I like Patrick Reed. I would not have executed the relief the way he did, but the rules personnel certainly had his back on this. Reed asked for a helluva lot more help than Rory did. I really resent the way CBS beat the living hell out of that poor dead horse, ridiculous. Guys like Reed and Ian Poulter make you crazy at times, but I'll take either on my side in a team event.

FB_IMG_1612285393639.jpg

Yeah OK, prove it when and where? The Masters yes, but he owned it. Reed is a shady cat and has been from day one.

If cheating (not just this past weekend) is good for golf then by all means he is great for golf.

I like Patrick Reed. I would not have executed the relief the way he did, but the rules personnel certainly had his back on this. Reed asked for a helluva lot more help than Rory did. I really resent the way CBS beat the living hell out of that poor dead horse, ridiculous. Guys like Reed and Ian Poulter make you crazy at times, but I'll take either on my side in a team event.
The only difference between Reed's situation and Rory's situation was that for Rory they found a volunteer to fall on the sword and say they stepped on his ball to protect his reputation.

The thing nobody is talking about is Reed and the rules official both said they could feel where the ball broke the surface of the ground. Since the ball bounced it didn't do it. Did Reed create it .Wouldn't have taken much of a push down and that would certainly make it cheating.

The thing nobody is talking about is Reed and the rules official both said they could feel where the ball broke the surface of the ground. Since the ball bounced it didn't do it. Did Reed create it .Wouldn't have taken much of a push down and that would certainly make it cheating.
Just to play devil's advocate......the impression could have been there from a number of reasons, the ground is full of irregularities and indentations. You must take the player and rules official word based on the evidence they had.

Maybe it's me then and seeing first hand the notoriety of cheating and the impact it has on our young golfers. I hear their conversations, I have the discussions about this with them and I know that Reed's issues and other who cheat at a high level have influence on them, not all but enough to make it an issue. Anyone who works in competitive junior golf knows that cheating is a serious issue, and this does not help that (and the notoriety it encompasses). Growing and developing the game with youth is an area I am passionate about, so this cheating stuff drives me nuts.
A teachable moment.

The PGA tour would be better with Reed gone. Can we have one sport where being a braggart a-hole isn't an economic advantage? Reed makes more money because he's a jerk.....more attention = $$$. Friggin' Ali and Connors started this crap and it's been a cancer in sports ever since. This cheater should be shunned, not celebrated.

Courtesy of Instagram and pga tour. Thought this little tid bit was neat and put a different perspective on Reed.

The PGA tour would be better with Reed gone. Can we have one sport where being a braggart a-hole isn't an economic advantage? Reed makes more money because he's a jerk.....more attention = $$$. Friggin' Ali and Connors started this crap and it's been a cancer in sports ever since. This cheater should be shunned, not celebrated.
Are any sponsors beating down his door?

Back