Where can I buy this grip? Is the deep etch the closest thing I can get to it? Can I buy direct from Cleveland.

This grip is AMAZING and I'd like to get one for my Toulon Chicago that I don't own yet....lol
View attachment 8991123
Looks like that might be a Pure Grip?

Anyone struggle with taking your putter outside the line on the takeaway? Any specific drills or work you did to counter that? Thanks!

Stuck in Colorado for another week or two, I have gone to the PGATSS multiple times and rolled putters over and over. I plan to keep doing this as part of my travel survival. It is interesting how one day putter A feels great and the next I am more into putter B. I think it simply comes down to confidence, but the the list of the ones I like is definitely shrinking. Those long rows of putters are coming into focus for my preferences.

Anyway, part of the fun is watching others explore putters. Most go straight to the Scottys like a moth to a light, but a surprising number seem to gravitate to the Truss putters. Any then watching people putt. Holy moly. Wrist flip city over and over.

Stuck in Colorado for another week or two, I have gone to the PGATSS multiple times and rolled putters over and over. I plan to keep doing this as part of my travel survival. It is interesting how one day putter A feels great and the next I am more into putter B. I think it simply comes down to confidence, but the the list of the ones I like is definitely shrinking. Those long rows of putters are coming into focus for my preferences.

Anyway, part of the fun is watching others explore putters. Most go straight to the Scottys like a moth to a light, but a surprising number seem to gravitate to the Truss putters. Any then watching people putt. Holy moly. Wrist flip city over and over.
People watching is always fun and entertaining.
The right putter will find you.

People watching is always fun and entertaining.
The right putter will find you.

I may have the right putter(s) already. Sam Lab gave me some good info about why I miss left. A different putter can help, but working with a slight rotation of my left arm I think I can minimize that miss. I also plan to get back to the armlock. But I do enjoy rolling different putters and will very likely add a mallet to the collection.

So i have been working with the M-Craft... have to admit it is really nice putter - makes hitting 100 putts in the office fun. love the feel and flow of the motion.

I may have the right putter(s) already. Sam Lab gave me some good info about why I miss left. A different putter can help, but working with a slight rotation of my left arm I think I can minimize that miss. I also plan to get back to the armlock. But I do enjoy rolling different putters and will very likely add a mallet to the collection.
I have been working with the Toulon Las Vegas every day now for a week and it is starting to grow on me. I really want to get it out on a real green so I can see how it will do. Still need to get the grip changed.

It's good to have extra putters. When I'm making nothing, either on the practice green or course, I find another one more in tune with me. Weird game.

I have been working with the Toulon Las Vegas every day now for a week and it is starting to grow on me. I really want to get it out on a real green so I can see how it will do. Still need to get the grip changed.

That's a nice putter to compliment the Chicago. Do you have the FB or the slant neck version?

That's a nice putter to compliment the Chicago. Do you have the FB or the slant neck version?
Its a double bend shaft just like the Chicago. I swapped out the 40G weight and put in a 20G. Need to replaces the grip to a Tour SNSR 140cc and that will give me the same setup as the Chicago. The roll is puts on the ball is excellent and as good or better than the Chicago.

Its a double bend shaft just like the Chicago. I swapped out the 40G weight and put in a 20G. Need to replaces the grip to a Tour SNSR 140cc and that will give me the same setup as the Chicago. The roll is puts on the ball is excellent and as good or better than the Chicago.

Nice. I like the look of 7 shapes. That's a nice grip too.

Nice. I like the look of 7 shapes. That's a nice grip too.
It is growing on me. A nicer looking Ten, but with the same forgiveness and milled vice an insert which I prefer.
Hard part is giving up the great looks of the Chicago. Making more putts is what its about though.

I have been a mallet putter for many years as I always felt the extra size helped my stroke.
I have been working on my stroke since the new year, alignment particularly which is building some confidence. As part of this I have started experimenting with a blade putter to see if there is any difference in my ability to properly aim and execute the stroke compared to the mallet. Interestingly I putt as well with either the mallet or the blade on the short problem length 3' - 6'
However what I have discovered which I didn't expect was that visually and in reality the blade length is longer on the blade putter (anser karsten) when compared to the mallet (ping ketsch, odyssey v line and 2ball).
I don't have any more blade putters to compare with but is this the norm?

Does anyone know what the standard lie angle is for Toulon and Ping putters ???

As we all know there really are no standard anything in golf... what is standard for one company is not the same for others.

I am currently over thinking these torque free putters. Axis1 is appealing, and I keep reading about the LAB Directed Force.

Why? When I hold a putter over the ball I feel in my hands the forces that I have to hold steady to keep the head square in all dimensions. I feel those forces through the stroke. Knowing my active hands, that adds an additional source of trouble-causing variability. With the axis1, for example, I don’t get those forces and can focus on a smooth stroke through the ball. But all those feels notwithstanding, I am not sure yet that I actually get better outcomes. I think I already said over thinking. 😬

I am currently over thinking these torque free putters. Axis1 is appealing, and I keep reading about the LAB Directed Force.

Why? When I hold a putter over the ball I feel in my hands the forces that I have to hold steady to keep the head square in all dimensions. I feel those forces through the stroke. Knowing my active hands, that adds an additional source of trouble-causing variability. With the axis1, for example, I don’t get those forces and can focus on a smooth stroke through the ball. But all those feels notwithstanding, I am not sure yet that I actually get better outcomes. I think I already said over thinking. 😬

Welcome to my world... that LAB DF 2.1 is a serious daily ponder.

I think as soon as I’m out of dr office I’m taking the Toulon Vegas to get a new grip.

Holy moly, yesterday was a TERRIBLE putting day. 6 three putts! 6! By the 7th hole, I was strongly considering putting the putter away and just putting with a wedge (which I did for a few holes)

The pondering has begun. :unsure:

Anyone struggle with taking your putter outside the line on the takeaway? Any specific drills or work you did to counter that? Thanks!

I do this from time to time, but honestly the impending result is never that bad. Strange right? Feels like I'm slicing across the ball but then the ball comes off relatively straight.

I don't have any drills to help other than what I do, which is just hit a lot more putts. Reps, reps, reps.....

Holy moly, yesterday was a TERRIBLE putting day. 6 three putts! 6! By the 7th hole, I was strongly considering putting the putter away and just putting with a wedge (which I did for a few holes)

The pondering has begun. :unsure:
What putter was in the bag?

Back